Sorry, I'm even driving myself insane with this one.
    I have a Microsoft account and associated email account ****@outlook.com and associate Skype account ditto.
    Skype v.7.46.0.596 does not recognise this ID. Suspect it's pre-Microsoft (or anyway just too old).
    Skype v.8.15.0.419 does recognise this ID and allows phone calls anywhere (at a cost - I don't mind that) (and "messaging" to other Skype IDs) but for the life of me I cannot find a pathway to send SMS to any mobile.
    Skype v.8.68.0.97 whirrs for a while and then shows "Unable to install this app".
    I'm just hoping - is there a version 8.15 < 8.68 that satisfies all criteria : works with BB10, allows phone calls anywhere, allows SMS to any mobile. Skype messaging, audio-calling and video-calling are all kind of assumed but actually secondary. It's the capability for standard "calls and texts" that I'm really bothered about.
    Meanwhile will continue to try to find SMS pathway in 8.15.0.419, but I am truly at a loss with this one.
    Thank you!
    03-01-21 07:40 AM
    I have a Microsoft account and associated email account ****@outlook.com and associate Skype account ditto.
    Skype v.7.46.0.596 does not recognise this ID. Suspect it's pre-Microsoft (or anyway just too old).
    Skype v.8.15.0.419 does recognise this ID and allows phone calls anywhere (at a cost - I don't mind that) (and "messaging" to other Skype IDs) but for the life of me I cannot find a pathway to send SMS to any mobile.
    Skype v.8.68.0.97 whirrs for a while and then shows "Unable to install this app".
    I'm just hoping - is there a version 8.15 < 8.68 that satisfies all criteria : works with BB10, allows phone calls anywhere, allows SMS to any mobile. Skype messaging, audio-calling and video-calling are all kind of assumed but actually secondary. It's the capability for standard "calls and texts" that I'm really bothered about.
    Meanwhile will continue to try to find SMS pathway in 8.15.0.419, but I am truly at a loss with this one.
    Thank you!
    Have you tried Skype Lite?

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/skype/...-apk-download/
    03-01-21 08:10 AM
    Skype lite only works part of the time, others well you know..............................the OS is getting a little old you know Conite...LOL
    03-01-21 04:16 PM
    Thank you!
    You cannot replace the SMS app on BB10, which is probably why you're running into issues.
    Laura Knotek and mh1983 like this.
    03-01-21 08:32 PM
    Thanks for all help. Latest Skype Lite v.1.88.76.1 is working well on Z10 for both Skype messages and phone calls. It usefully and transparently explains SMS incapability in Settings as "not supported on Android versions lower than 4.4". Which is somehow a whole lot better than just not being able to do it, and wondering why.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-21 11:44 PM
    Thanks for all help. Latest Skype Lite v.1.88.76.1 is working well on Z10 for both Skype messages and phone calls. It usefully and transparently explains SMS incapability in Settings as "not supported on Android versions lower than 4.4". Which is somehow a whole lot better than just not being able to do it, and wondering why.

Posted via CB10
    Except it wouldn't be able to do it on BB10 even if it supported Android 4.3.
    03-03-21 07:29 AM