Ever since updating to 10.2 my Skype Contacts are actually being saved in my actual address book which I do not want. Even after deleting Skype they remain. Has this happened to anybody else?
    Skype Contacts-img_20121309.png

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 07:05 PM
    Ever since updating to 10.2 my Skype Contacts are actually being saved in my actual address book which I do not want. Even after deleting Skype they remain. Has this happened to anybody else?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20121309.png 
Views:	1186 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	216531

Posted via CB10
    I hate that too.
    11-01-13 07:09 PM
    Here too, even after changing settings in Skype to not sync contacts - it still does, But this started making trouble with the latest Skype update, the previous worked just fine.
    11-01-13 07:49 PM
    It was so bad for me; I nuked skype from my phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 11:28 PM
    Same here. But for me every time I launch Skype I get more duplicates of the Skype contacts.

Posted via CB10
    nlygo likes this.
    11-02-13 12:22 AM
    Same thing for me too. I think these cross-over droid apps are berry cancer

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 01:46 AM
    I linked all my Skype contacts to my real contacts..then Skype made a bunch of duplicates again. Sigh.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 06:28 PM
    Same problem here
    11-02-13 06:35 PM
    Yes, this is a major error.

I am going to turn off the "sync contacts" option in Skype to see if that works around this bug.

Skype Contacts-img_00000682.png

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 04:46 AM
    Yes, this is a major error.

I am going to turn off the "sync contacts" option in Skype to see if that works around this bug.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000682.png 
Views:	1227 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	216872

Posted via CB10
    Turning sync off didn't help me. I updated the android runtime with what is available in BlackBerry World and my problem went away. I wasn't having any other issues, but thought I would try the update anyhow.
    11-03-13 04:58 AM
    I can confirm now that disabling "Sync contacts" stops Skype from adding multiple copies of your contacts every time you use Skype.

However, of course, you no longer get the "sync" functionality (whatever it was supposed to be).

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 05:02 AM
    Turning sync off didn't help me. I updated the android runtime with what is available in BlackBerry World and my problem went away. I wasn't having any other issues, but thought I would try the update anyhow.
    OK. It has worked for me so far. Will report back if the issue arises again.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 05:04 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=861724

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    11-03-13 10:26 PM
    OK. It has worked for me so far. Will report back if the issue arises again.

Posted via CB10
    Turning off Sync Contacts is still working for me. No new duplicate contacts, and I've Skyped at least 5 times since my last post on this.
    11-08-13 03:35 AM
    so the solution is ....already deleted skype from my phone ...is this a manual job ....its ok i can take it *bracing for the truth* ...delete dupes then re-install with sync turned off ...
    11-10-13 12:53 PM
    so the solution is ....already deleted skype from my phone ...is this a manual job ....its ok i can take it *bracing for the truth* ...delete dupes then re-install with sync turned off ...
    does not work here... Skype settings set to NOT syc contacts - but they still do... Uninstall Skype - manually delete the Skype contacts with all it doubles and tripples - re-install Skype - quickly go back to Skype settings to NOT sync contacts... and you are good for perhaps 5 minutes and they start to populate again. I have not found any reason why they also at some point starts multiplying.
    I have sent mail to Skype support from BBWorld - but I have never ever heard anything from them - not even sure they read their mails.

I want to go back to the previous "preview" version - which worked flawlessly here....

another issue I am having with the last update, is when I have to use the keypad for touchtone menu systems. More often than not it don't work, and I have to use TruePhone instead. Very very unfortunate - since I need Skype for our business contacts abroad.

Hope we soon can DELETE the Android runtime and stop fiddling around with Android apps, at least until the developers are ready to take responsibility and support their products.
    11-10-13 01:15 PM
    Not sure what's going on there. Still no duplicates being created for me.

Have you installed the updated Android runtime? Also, note that I did a security wipe before installing 10.2 (e.g.: I installed 10.2 on a fresh factory-reset Z10 rather than over top of my current 10.1 setup).

Another key is to NOT reload old settings files (since corrupted settings files are often the cause of issues like this).

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:14 AM
    this is a bloody hassle! my contacts suddenly increased by 50% to 1500 odd with all my skype contacts having multiple stuff. have disabled sync on skpye and hope this helps

its also a nuisance that pictures are not being shown, all because of skype

we need a special blackberry app, not an android port.

please!
    11-12-13 10:48 AM
    just cleared up my contacts ... no skype for me until they fix that ish ...pardon my language but worked too hard to clear up the mistake by skype
    11-12-13 07:57 PM
    So there's no solution for this issue as of now? I have tried all the suggestions in the thread and it's not helped me.

Hope they can fix this soon.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 02:17 PM
    Pmtfo when I realized my address book was fudged. Skype is a bunch of a holes..

The workaround is go sideload Skype using the debug method (or is on 10.2.1 just use the apk). Only Skype in BlackBerry World has contact sync on by default... found that out the hard way..

Edit: as far as I can tell, the apk install has sync enabled by default now as well.. I stopped using Skype cuz if this
    Last edited by nah.uhh; 01-27-14 at 01:38 PM.
    Anubhav Nagpal and m.jeddy like this.
    11-16-13 02:26 PM
    What a nuisance this is. My contacts are a total disaster. Not only am I getting duplicates of the skype contacts, but it seems to be changing contact details of other contacts. I've lost phone numbers and names have been changed, for instance by changing the name of a contact to the time of a phone call, or the company name. Total disaster.
    I've removed skype now, which is too bad, because I liked having it on the phone and it worked ok for video calls, but I can't have it screwing up one of the most important basic apps of a phone, which is keeping my contacts organized. I don't write them down anywhere else! I think it would take me a week to go through them all and figure out what has been lost and ask them to resend information. So annoyed.
    12-19-13 12:55 PM
    Any news on this one. I am going through the process of deleting massive amounts of duplicate Skype contacts and have deleted Skype. But that's a shame cause I like to have Skype on the mobile

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 01:08 AM
    I downloaded Skype from the Amazon appstore. The sync feature is on by default, but you can turn it off, and it stays off after that. The only problem I have with this version is that it leaves location services in use while it's loaded, which is easily solved by turning them off in the OS settings when you don't need it. Works perfectly for me now.
    02-02-14 01:51 AM
    Hey, I never tried this (because I don't want to install Skype again) but for anyone still living with the problem..
    Install es file explorer or nova launcher to open hidden android apps

If using nova launcher, open android settings
    Go to accounts and see if Skype is still listed, try to remove it from there
    02-05-14 11:49 AM
32 12