My Passport (for the first time ever because I use an SD card for everything) gave me the Hub notification I was almost out of device storage.

When I went to my storage settings, it said Skype was using 15GB. I immediately deleted it thinking I can just re-install it and it would clear any chat logs, etc but when I deleted it, it only freed up about 3GB.

Does anyone know where the rest of this crap might be?

According to the device storage details, the next biggest app on my phone is Crackberry at like 300MB so I have no idea where to delete anything else that could be taking this much space! All my photos, video, etc are on my SD card unless something really weird happen.

Thank you!
    04-25-16 08:57 PM
    Skype APK File taking up 15GB(!)-img_20160425_193736.png

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 09:38 PM
    Try deleting old picture msgs, both sent & received. Be sure to save any pictures you want to keep on your SD card first.
    Some recording apps like Parrot, will save the recordings on device memory, so back those up before deleting them in the app.
    Many android apps will save data under misc/android folder on device memory, so you have to go through that to see what you can delete safely.

Hope that helps

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 09:25 AM
    How do I get to the Android folder? Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 04:31 PM
    How do I get to the Android folder? Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    As far as i remember the android folders point back to your bb10 folders.

Open file manager and long press a folder and view properties. From there you will be able to see each folders size and delete from which ever is taking all your space.

I do know that some android apps save things in their own folders which you can find by going into file manager > misc > android and you can check folder sizes in there too.

Hope you find it good luck.

I just checked my Z30, my system usage is only 3.06GB so i am wondering why yours is using almost 17GB.

Here's a screen shot from my Z30 something is not right that your system files are so large.

Attachment 398259

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-26-16 04:37 PM
    Check the settings for all of your apps to see if they offer the ability to clear their cache. Often you'll be surprised at how much space different apps are taking up.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 07:03 PM
    Hey guys,

Thanks for this.

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything in there or apps that let me clear cache

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 11:08 PM
    Hey guys,

Thanks for this.

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything in there or apps that let me clear cache

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps try reloading your software as a last resort.

I never ran into this issue so I am not sure how to help. I see you read through the old posts about CCleaner I'll try and see if i can find other posts that might help.

04-27-16 12:34 AM
    Okay i have read up a bit through the forums, it seems the only other successful method people had in rectifying this problem is that they used security wipe or reloaded OS.

Not sure if there is another way. Give it a try.

Best of luck !

04-27-16 12:45 AM
    Try CC Cleaner

BlackBerry Classic / 10.3.2.2876
    04-27-16 01:25 AM
    Try CC Cleaner

BlackBerry Classic / 10.3.2.2876
    I see that he posted in that thread about it and said it didnt work for him, so i think his only option is probably wipe. Which is what alot of members had to do it seems.

Sime0n_S likes this.
    04-27-16 02:11 AM
    So odd - I just don't get what could be taking this much space. There's gotta be a way to find it.
    04-27-16 02:32 AM
    So odd - I just don't get what could be taking this much space. There's gotta be a way to find it.
    Its nothing you have added to the device. Its simply updates that got installed and never had the temp update files removed. Similar to how windows sometimes leaves a windows.old folder on your desktop. Windows has a way to remove it fortunately, BB seems to not be so lucky.

A wipe will solve your issue and you can backup your apps and restore so it would be a bit of time but your device will be as good as new.

I dont see how CCleaner could help considering its from android and i dont think the android runtime has access to those BB10 files. I can only imagine those that had success with CCleaner had success because they had android runtime updates stuck in the same fashion that your BB updates are and there for was able to detect and clean them up.

04-27-16 03:34 AM
    Dang, make sense
    04-27-16 09:51 PM
    Dang, make sense
    Just reinstall it, it's a simple yet annoying fix.

Give it a shot.

Your phone will be as good as new.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 10:42 PM
    But does a full backup truly save all settings?
    I find it never really does.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 12:26 AM
    But does a full backup truly save all settings?
    I find it never really does.

Posted via CB10
    To be really honest i have never done one hahaha. I have flashed many times but never used a backup.

Hopefully someone else can answer your question there.

04-28-16 04:55 AM
    Oh okay - yeah I always have things that don't transfer I find when I change BB10 devices. I've had two Q10s and two Passports and never find it totally seamless to "start over".
    05-02-16 12:04 AM