Hello guys, i just bought a Z30 today, and i was so excited, played with it for a bit, working flawlessly, and then i installed the new OS update. Now, since i've only had this phone for a day i can't really make a judgement but from what i've heared the battery life should be really long. Well, it drains somewhat quickly, 15 percent in less than 2 hours almost without using the phone, and people said it lasts 2 days of moderate use, and the scrolling and tab opening is now somewhat laggy compared to earlier, before the update. Is that normal? Will it be fixed? Am i just paranoid?
    06-16-15 01:17 PM
    Give it a couple of days. Once your fascination tapers off and the device is used is in a typical manner (not reading web pages, browsing and "testing" the browser, playing around with all the apps, getting your feet wet, you will see that the battery actually lasts a decent amount of time. Before I got rid of mine, I was getting 48-60 hours standby. A lot less when I was using every second of the day.
    06-16-15 01:21 PM
    As much as we don't want it to be true, it simply is true with any phone: the battery will drain more in the first few days. This is true of iOS, Android, and BlackBerry. The difference is that BlackBerry will recover better and more consistently to its target/projected battery life than the rest. I've had my Z30 for almost a year. Every time I upgrade to a new OS, leaked or otherwise, I'm so used to my normal long battery life that I think there is something wrong with my phone. Then I remember, and just wait. Within 2 days (3 at the most), my battery is back to 2 days of usage under MY normal conditions. Some heavier users may experience THEIR normal to be less than 2 days. But it always returns to normal. Just be patient, charge when necessary, it will be fine.

On a new phone or OS upgrade, there is an awful lot going on behind the scenes. It's not visible to you, the end user, but accounts are syncing, contacts and calendars are syncing, the phone is spending extra time on the BB network, as well as your carrier network, making sure everything is working okay. That's a simplified explanation but it's just the way phones work.
    06-16-15 01:30 PM