Hi Guys! Well I have never had a problem syncing my desktop Outlook 2007 contacts and calendar with BBLink--until last Friday. I clicked on sync like always and it went through the motions but at the end, it said "sync un-successful, failed to commit changes to device".
    I know this isn't the Link forum (saw a post on there as well about it) but since it seems this has happened since 2141 download (MR) I'm wondering if anyone on here knows anything about this and why it started happening to a lot of users within the last week. Anything to do with the upgrade? Your thoughts are much appreciated. Thanks everyone!
    03-03-14 02:01 PM
    Yo!

Message me on BBM I'll try to help you troubleshoot your problem[s]
    03-03-14 03:10 PM
    Yo!

Message me on BBM I'll try to help you troubleshoot your problem[s]
    yo buddy! looking for a download for the previous version of Link. 1.2.3.22 but the ones I've found all revert to the newest bug-filled one. Sucks!!!! How are you doing?
    03-03-14 03:38 PM
    Can't complain, been busy like h3ll working nonstop basically
    03-03-14 03:46 PM
    Can't complain, been busy like h3ll working nonstop basically
    Who's the chick--wait, never mind, I'll bbm you.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-03-14 03:48 PM
    Who's the chick--wait, never mind, I'll bbm you.
    LMFAO
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-03-14 04:22 PM
    there you have it!
    03-03-14 04:54 PM
    I had this problem too with my Z30 when I moved from a Z10. I solved this by uninstalling the old Link program - including all of the setup information (this doesn't delete any backups). Then install a fresh copy of Link and re-set up to interaction settings with Outlook.

I've had to do this every time there is an update to Link.
    03-03-14 05:12 PM
    I had this problem too with my Z30 when I moved from a Z10. I solved this by uninstalling the old Link program - including all of the setup information (this doesn't delete any backups). Then install a fresh copy of Link and re-set up to interaction settings with Outlook.

I've had to do this every time there is an update to Link.
    Hi Rickkel, I uninstalled Link using my control panel, then ran CCleaner, then rebooted my PC and my phone. Then I downloaded the fresh copy of Link from the download page on BB's site, and proceeded to reset commands and re sync. Did not work unfortunately. I'm glad it worked for you though.

It actually happened on the previous version of Link on Friday which caused me to uninstall the previous version and load the new one that just came out. I'm not sure what the problem is but it must be code related somehow. For whatever reason, It won't write the data to the phones. Blackberry knows about it as I read a blip on it on the Blackberry help site. They said they were aware of the problem and working on it, but no timeline was given. Really sucks! What's odd is that it started happening to a lot of users about the same time. Smells like a software or server type problem to me-LOL!
    Edit: also read on another thread that you can delete the actual BBLink account from your account page and then re-sync your outlook 1-way from PC to the device and that should fix it, just not sure I want to take a chance losing the stuff I have on there now. Guess we'll have to wait.
    Last edited by go1ndr; 03-03-14 at 07:36 PM.
    03-03-14 07:14 PM
    You will not lose anything as long as everything is already synced to your PC.

This method along with rolling back to the link version 121_b02, solved my problem.

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    03-03-14 10:24 PM
    You will not lose anything as long as everything is already synced to your PC.

This method along with rolling back to the link version 121_b02, solved my problem.

My fear is that it won't sync 1-way back to my phone and I have too many future appointment on my phone that I need. Additionally, I don't have a good download for an older version as most of the links copied over are only bookmarks to the BlackBerry current download page. And, lastly, it happened the first time on the previous version. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 12:33 PM
    To be honest, I think the problem is with the latest BlackBerry Link software: 1.2.3

I had this same problem immediately I updated to the new link. I deleted the sync relationship and re-did everything but it still failed to write to device.

I was only able to solve the problem by reverting to the previous BlackBerry Link version 1.2.2

You might want to try reverting to version 1.2.2 and see how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 03:36 PM
    To be honest, I think the problem is with the latest BlackBerry Link software: 1.2.3

I had this same problem immediately I updated to the new link. I deleted the sync relationship and re-did everything but it still failed to write to device.

I was only able to solve the problem by reverting to the previous BlackBerry Link version 1.2.2

You might want to try reverting to version 1.2.2 and see how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    I downloaded the older version 1.2.2.13 and it didn't work at first but then I tried doing only the calendar and that synced for some unknown reason. However, the contacts didn't. I'm not sure if this is the previous version to the one released the newest one, but I had the previous version on my PC on Friday and it happened with that version out of the blue! I immediately uninstalled it and downloaded the newest version and of course it didn't work either.
    Do you have the actual download for the 1.2.2 version available and if so, can you post in drop box so myself and others can try and use it? It would be much appreciated. I actually think it may be a combination of the new download and the new upgrade on the OS to .2141. To weird that it happened about the same time as we all upgraded on both. Thanks Akainzo!
    03-04-14 06:46 PM
    I have the 1.2.1 which works for me flawlessly.
    Pm me your Dropbox account and I will open a folder access to you.

03-04-14 10:25 PM
    I have the 1.2.1 which works for me flawlessly.
    Pm me your Dropbox account and I will open a folder access to you.

I'll do it in the morning. Not on that computer tonight. Thanks!

Posted via CB10

UPDATE: Tried syncing again this morning and even cleared the local
    contacts but the Contacts would not sync. The Calendar however did.
    Weird to say the least!!
    Last edited by go1ndr; 03-05-14 at 02:14 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    03-04-14 10:36 PM
    AKAVBB: can you add it to your dropbox and send me the link? I don't know much about dropbox other than I have it-lol, but if you send it over in a link, I can then open it. You can post it on here as I'm sure others would like to have it as well. Sharing would be awesome. Thank you!!
    03-05-14 02:17 PM
    Sorry for the delay, I was away for a while.
    Please pm me your Dropbox email so I can share it.

03-09-14 03:41 AM
    Sorry for the delay, I was away for a while.
    Please pm me your Dropbox email so I can share it.

I don't have a Dropbox email? I have dropbox that I use quite a bit but no email for it. Save it to dropbox and post the link or PM me the link and then I can import it to dropbox. That's the way I've always done it. If you can't do it that way, no problem and thanks for trying.
    03-10-14 01:41 PM
    Your Dropbox login name is your email.
    That is the one I need in order to share the folder.

03-10-14 03:51 PM
    Your Dropbox login name is your email.
    That is the one I need in order to share the folder.

Done. PM'd you! What version do you have?
    Thanks!
    03-10-14 06:39 PM
    Already shared the folder with you.

03-11-14 01:35 PM
    Already shared the folder with you.

Loaded it--thanks but same result. Calendar synced and contacts didn't. Starting to think it is OS related. May reload the 2141 update to see if that helps. Anyone try that yet? Thanks again!
    03-11-14 03:42 PM
    No I haven't. But for me it has been solved by reverting to the old version. Too bad this was not the case for you.
    There is another problem that the old link solves for sure.
    The inability to auto initiate the backup schedule.

Auto backup works only with this old version of link.

03-11-14 11:25 PM
    No I haven't. But for me it has been solved by reverting to the old version. Too bad this was not the case for you.
    There is another problem that the old link solves for sure.
    The inability to auto initiate the backup schedule.

Auto backup works only with this old version of link.

If I have time today, i'm going to wipe my phone and start over. I reloaded the sachesi update but it didn't help either.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 09:29 AM
    If I have time today, i'm going to wipe my phone and start over. I reloaded the sachesi update but it didn't help either.
    Hey go1wndr, this is quite weird, but since I last posted on this thread I have done about four or five syncs with my contacts and calendar with no problem whatsoever. Then I tried to do it today - and I got the same error message. The process seems to be working just fine, then "crashes" when it begins the "write to device" sequence near the end.

Did wiping and reinstalling the OS help your problem?
    03-15-14 10:41 PM
27 12