Yes, there is an Android version of WA and combined with WA Fix from BB World it is working...for some people, some has problems with it. So, I came to this solution..it's not perfect, but it works for me.

Please note that this is only for those who didn't install Android WA + WA Fix, don't want to risk if it works or whatever...
    I have a BB Classic and this works..for now.

1. Change your Date to 1.1.2018.
    2. Now, open WA via icon in your menu, send some test message to someone and get a reply one.
    3. While still in WA(don't close it, just minimize) change your date in phone Settings, put everything back to normal/auto update.
    4. Exit Settings, Exit WA.
    Now you should be able to communicate with everybody from existing Chats entering WA Chat ONLY via BB Hub. Just avoid entering WA via app icon. Enter your Chats only over BB Hub!
    From my experience, you can repeat these steps anytime if you enter WA via main menu icon by mistake.

The thing with the date is just for tricking WA for a moment, you switch it back to normal after it. From Hub, you can filter only WA conversations and by clicking Compose you will enter WA, but via back door. From there you'll have access to everything, as usual. The only difference is that you don't use your main Icon anymore.

It's a bit silly, but it works and my phone is up to date and everything works as usual.

Cheers
    Last edited by dave_bgd; 01-17-18 at 08:22 AM.
    01-17-18 08:03 AM
    Did we really need this repeated again?

Glad that setting back the clock works, but doubt it's going to last very long.... why not accept they are shutting it down and move on to a more permanent solution.
    01-17-18 08:29 AM
    Yes, there is an Android version of WA and combined with WA Fix from BB World it is working...for some people, some has problems with it. So, I came to this solution..it's not perfect, but it works for me.

Please note that this is only for those who didn't install Android WA + WA Fix, don't want to risk if it works or whatever...

Look, I need WA, for me sending pictures and other files is important. If I delete it now, and Android one doesn't work like the old one I'll have to switch to another phone, and I don't want to do that. This works for now and it works as good old WA, for now. So, until it stops working in this way, I'll use it in this way and I want to share it with people who think like me.
    I hope this clarifies my reasons..permanently.
    LSDBerry likes this.
    01-17-18 08:47 AM
    It's not over 'til it's over!

Posted via CB10
    dave_bgd likes this.
    01-17-18 09:09 AM
    Look, I need WA, for me sending pictures and other files is important. If I delete it now, and Android one doesn't work like the old one I'll have to switch to another phone, and I don't want to do that. This works for now and it works as good old WA, for now. So, until it stops working in this way, I'll use it in this way and I want to share it with people who think like me.
    I hope this clarifies my reasons..permanently.
    I think problem is you posted like in a dozen threads. Your solution is great for you. For the others here, we're merely pointing out the BB10 developer for WhatsApp says all the various BB10 solutions are unsupported and can and will break sooner than later.

If people that really depend on WhatsApp for life/death/income/job haven't seen the actual developer message explanation.... It could be a real problem.

Again we're just reminding people the multiple unsupported solutions are going to break eventually.

Good luck on your solution as long as possible for you....
    01-17-18 09:37 AM
    I think problem is you posted like in a dozen threads. Your solution is great for you. For the others here, we're merely pointing out the BB10 developer for WhatsApp says all the various BB10 solutions are unsupported and can and will break sooner than later.

If people that really depend on WhatsApp for life/death/income/job haven't seen the actual developer message explanation.... It could be a real problem.

Again we're just reminding people the multiple unsupported solutions are going to break eventually.

Good luck on your solution as long as possible for you....
    Yes I did, but I really don't see this as a spam considering other people posting Android .apk solution in more than dozen of threads..and this is also useful.
    I'm sorry if I bother someone, it's just I didn't yet heard that this is not working. So why wouldn't I share it?

Thank you...and yes, when/if it stops working I'll install an .apk alternative, hopefully it'll work.
    01-17-18 10:07 AM
    Yes I did, but I really don't see this as a spam considering other people posting Android .apk solution in more than dozen of threads..and this is also useful.
    I'm sorry if I bother someone, it's just I didn't yet heard that this is not working. So why wouldn't I share it?

Thank you...and yes, when/if it stops working I'll install an .apk alternative, hopefully it'll work.
    Wasn't calling your posts spam. You're helping people. Just explaining why other volunteers are posting the same certain explanations and comments on your multiple posts.

We're not attacking you. We're making sure others understand the situation in case they don't read all the various posts.
    01-17-18 10:18 AM
    Wasn't calling your posts spam. You're helping people. Just explaining why other volunteers are posting the same certain explanations and comments on your multiple posts.

We're not attacking you. We're making sure others understand the situation in case they don't read all the various posts.
    Sorry, I misunderstood your intention then.
    01-17-18 10:35 AM
    For me is a great solution. Thanks for sharing. It seems whatsapp control acces from phone, not from server????

Posted via CB10
    dave_bgd likes this.
    01-17-18 11:29 AM
    If I already deleted the old whatsapp will it work?

Posted via CB10
    01-17-18 12:55 PM
    Yes, I've been using Andorid version for a week and now I'm back to bb10 versions

Posted via CB10
    01-17-18 01:08 PM
    It works!!! This is an awesome trick! I will keep using this until is completely gone! Thanks a lot! I use whatsapp only on HUB (that's why I was so affected when the service got shut down because the integration with hub is what I love the most)

Thank you very much, my native whatsapp is still working

Posted via CB10
    dave_bgd likes this.
    01-17-18 01:12 PM
    Thank for your solution...I am installing apk version befor this solutions and verified on my number...but I need to apply your solution but I can't do this because my number is delete on native WA....am trying delet account or change my number from native WA but icant....any solution to reverifird my number on old WA?? .....Sorry bad English

Posted via CB10
    dave_bgd likes this.
    01-17-18 02:39 PM
    I already deleted native whatsapp from my phone. What way can I get it back to make it work this way?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.3057
    dave_bgd likes this.
    01-17-18 02:48 PM

I have a BB Classic and this works..for now.

1. Change your Date to 1.1.2018.
    2. Now, open WA via icon in your menu, send some test message to someone and get a reply one.
    3. While still in WA(don't close it, just minimize) change your date in phone Settings, put everything back to normal/auto update.
    4. Exit Settings, Exit WA.
    Now you should be able to communicate with everybody from existing Chats entering WA Chat ONLY via BB Hub. Just avoid entering WA via app icon. Enter your Chats only over BB Hub!
    From my experience, you can repeat these steps anytime if you enter WA via main menu icon by mistake.

The thing with the date is just for tricking WA for a moment, you switch it back to normal after it. From Hub, you can filter only WA conversations and by clicking Compose you will enter WA, but via back door. From there you'll have access to everything, as usual. The only difference is that you don't use your main Icon anymore.

It's a bit silly, but it works and my phone is up to date and everything works as usual.

Cheers
    Hi... I kind like this very much.. now: I have downloaded the Android version with the fixer.. but it's too slow and gets you sick.. can I delete and do these steps again.. OR: it's over for me..??

Posted via CB10
    dave_bgd likes this.
    01-17-18 03:23 PM
    Am found the solution.... if delete native version you can't find it in BlackBerry world.... so..go to wahtsapp site then press download...automatic open BlackBerry world and you find WA!...then download it...set date 1-12-2017- enter your number and get your code...then application the instructions above in article....and evry thing is fine....am trying all this now(17-1-2018)...but when open whatsapp from the menu or restart the phone you most back the time to 1-1-2018 and etc... Sorry bad english

Posted via CB10
    dave_bgd likes this.
    01-17-18 04:01 PM
    The android version hides the word suggested words grrrrr....

I couldn't get all my conversations records or history

Posted via CB10
    01-17-18 04:02 PM
    Great discovery
    That means that all this talk of Whatsapp not being able to support any more is just bull****. It's shows that it runs by default and that they put a time bomb in the app itself just like iPhone apps do when there is a new version. It shows that it wouldn't have cost them anything to keep it as it was.
    I wonder who is behind it. Maybe BlackBerry - they need to push Android.

Posted via CB10
    dave_bgd and gallouly like this.
    01-17-18 04:05 PM
    Great discovery
    That means that all this talk of Whatsapp not being able to support any more is just bull****. It's shows that it runs by default and that they put a time bomb in the app itself just like iPhone apps do when there is a new version. It shows that it wouldn't have cost them anything to keep it as it was.
    I wonder who is behind it. Maybe BlackBerry - they need to push Android.

Posted via CB10
    There is a huge difference between a workaround that appears to be working right now and fully supporting an app going forward. If people rely on your app for critical communication and buy or even deploy hardware for employees then you are obliged to give more guidance than “Hey, it looks like it’s working!” This doesn’t prove anything.

The CrackBerry-WhatApp experience does show that no matter how much warning you give, some users will cry bloody murder when the app stops working for them - probably because they rely too much on people who say it will keep on working.
    01-17-18 04:44 PM
    If I already deleted the old whatsapp will it work?

Posted via CB10
    Really happy that this works for us!

In respond to earlier posts about this question,...as I already said, this trick is for those who didn't yet uninstall their old WA and installed Android one, so I really don't know will it work if you install regular WA again on your phone. To be more precise I don't know if you can download, install or register it again after they cancelled support for BB.
    I've tried this immediately after they blocked me from sending texts.
    You can always try, there's nothing to lose or you can install Android WA + WA Fix if it doesn't work.

Like "JordiVC"" already said in this thread, this way it's like accessing WA via phone, trough BB Hub, and not connecting yourself directly to the WA server, something as a back door entrance...it's weird but it works for now perfectly. (Yes - for now..who am I to guarantee anything?!..in reply to some )

Also, i think too that they could just let us be with our WA, and that there's more into this that we could possibly know. Unfortunately we are the collateral here, considering that nowadays its Android, iOS or nothing in most parts of the world. So, I think this is just one more push, for whatever reasons to make us get other phones..in money-talking way of course $)

Post the results if you try to re-install and trick your WA. Hope all will be successful attempts!
    Last edited by dave_bgd; 01-17-18 at 07:10 PM.
    mouaz passort likes this.
    01-17-18 06:59 PM
    Really happy that this works for us!

In respond to earlier posts about this question,...as I already said, this trick is for those who didn't yet uninstall their old WA and installed Android one, so I really don't know will it work if you install regular WA again on your phone. To be more precise I don't know if you can download, install or register it again after they cancelled support for BB.
    I've tried this immediately after they blocked me from sending texts.
    You can always try, there's nothing to lose or you can install Android WA + WA Fix if it doesn't work.

Like "JordiVC"" already said in this thread, this way it's like accessing WA via phone, trough BB Hub, and not connecting yourself directly to the WA server, something as a back door entrance...it's weird but it works for now perfectly. (Yes - for now..who am I to guarantee anything?!..in reply to some )

Also, i think too that they could just let us be with our WA, and that there's more into this that we could possibly know. Unfortunately we are the collateral here, considering that nowadays its Android, iOS or nothing in most parts of the world. So, I think this is just one more push, for whatever reasons to make us get other phones..in money-talking way of course $)

Post the results if you try to re-install and trick your WA. Hope all will be successful attempts!
    It did work, I put the date back and verified my phone number, now I'm happily using WhatsApp on HUB ( the feature I love the most is being able to use it right out the HUB)

Posted via CB10
    dave_bgd and LSDBerry like this.
    01-17-18 08:17 PM
    Good job @dave_bgd
    01-17-18 09:09 PM
    Good job

Posted via CB10
    01-17-18 09:41 PM
    Tnx, but WhatsApp has just blocked me again, so I repeated the steps and it works..again

Posted via CB10

Edit: it happened twice now, every time after I used BBM. So, I tested it..it only happens THEN in my case.
    Last edited by dave_bgd; 01-18-18 at 12:27 PM.
    01-18-18 11:56 AM
    Also happens if you receive a whatsapp phone call

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 01:32 PM
46 12