Did we really need this repeated again?

Glad that setting back the clock works, but doubt it's going to last very long.... why not accept they are shutting it down and move on to a more permanent solution.
    Leave us alone. Is your permanent solution giving up on BB10?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 01:37 PM
    Meh. BlackBerry itself gave up on BB10.

BTT: WA Android + whatsfixer still seems to be the better/simpler workaround. Tested it on my friend's Passport.
    01-18-18 01:45 PM
    Is there any solution to go backwards?, I already installed the android version + fixer, I did using the ssh commands (before I knew the app wa fixer).

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 02:12 PM
    Yes, there is an Android version of WA and combined with WA Fix from BB World it is working...for some people, some has problems with it. So, I came to this solution..it's not perfect, but it works for me.

Please note that this is only for those who didn't install Android WA + WA Fix, don't want to risk if it works or whatever...
    I have a BB Classic and this works..for now.

1. Change your Date to 1.1.2018.
    2. Now, open WA via icon in your menu, send some test message to someone and get a reply one.
    3. While still in WA(don't close it, just minimize) change your date in phone Settings, put everything back to normal/auto update.
    4. Exit Settings, Exit WA.
    Now you should be able to communicate with everybody from existing Chats entering WA Chat ONLY via BB Hub. Just avoid entering WA via app icon. Enter your Chats only over BB Hub!
    From my experience, you can repeat these steps anytime if you enter WA via main menu icon by mistake.

The thing with the date is just for tricking WA for a moment, you switch it back to normal after it. From Hub, you can filter only WA conversations and by clicking Compose you will enter WA, but via back door. From there you'll have access to everything, as usual. The only difference is that you don't use your main Icon anymore.

It's a bit silly, but it works and my phone is up to date and everything works as usual.

Cheers
    Hi.. nice work around here.. I have a question here: in step # 2 : you mention sending text messages?? Do you mean regular text messages sent through the phone by the carrier?? Another one: I still have the native app on my BB LEAP and didn't delete it, but I can no longer see WA in the HUB... so, if it worked out for me; how would I send thru the HUB ???
    Regards.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 02:14 PM
    Leave us alone. Is your permanent solution giving up on BB10?

Posted via CB10
    No. I thinks WhatsApp did. They were polite about it and even went extra year, but it's over per WhatsApp BB10 developer himself. There's a front page story and quote on CB.
    01-18-18 02:16 PM
    gracias, gracias, gracias...... funciona
    dave_bgd likes this.
    01-18-18 03:08 PM
    No. I thinks WhatsApp did. They were polite about it and even went extra year, but it's over per WhatsApp BB10 developer himself. There's a front page story and quote on CB.
    You guys really amaze me. Let us enjoy our devices. It really is trolling.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    01-18-18 03:29 PM
    You guys really amaze me. Let us enjoy our devices. It really is trolling.

Posted via CB10
    Why don't you hit the report button? If you think you're getting trolled, report it. If you're looking for an echo chamber, you're not going to find on a public blog and threads created to discuss all opinions.

Nothing I said was in any way a violation of CrackBerry TOS, rules and/or regulations.
    01-18-18 03:52 PM
    Hi.. nice work around here.. I have a question here: in step # 2 : you mention sending text messages?? Do you mean regular text messages sent through the phone by the carrier?? Another one: I still have the native app on my BB LEAP and didn't delete it, but I can no longer see WA in the HUB... so, if it worked out for me; how would I send thru the HUB ???
    Regards.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, in step #2 i meant sending text via WA..but I think it doesn't really matter, I've successfully done it later again even without sending/receiving one.

Well from my point of view you can try this > when I open BB Hub, in my bottom left corner I have an option to filter only BBM, E-mails, WA or regular (carrier) messages, so if you can too, filter only WA - even if you have none chats left > click Compose, it should drive you directly to your WA contacts in WA but trough Hub, so it won't block you.

Option #2 is, if that doesn't work..After original step #1 , before you change time back to current one, go directly to your WA - via main menu Icon (it should let you do that after setting date to 1.1.2018), send someone a message (don't forget it will be listed on 1.1.2018, so later just scroll down and find it)..exit that chat, enter WA via Icon > and than continue by original steps. After it, you'll have that someone in the Hub, trough which you can access WA "via back door" (Hub only).

Hope I wrote this down clearly and that you'll have no later problems in your attempt.
    Best wishes

Is there any solution to go backwards?, I already installed the android version + fixer, I did using the ssh commands (before I knew the app wa fixer).

Posted via CB10
    I think Yes, some of the users have posted here that they succeeded in that. Really don't know for sure, but you can try..nothing to lose. Or just continue trough Android .apk if it works ok for you.
    gallouly and Qorax like this.
    01-18-18 06:17 PM
    Unfortunately the fix seems to work for 24 hours,
    01-20-18 05:30 AM
    Unfortunately the fix seems to work for 24 hours,
    Yeah, it happened to me few times, usually right after I used BBM app. You can just repeat the steps, it'll work again and it's basically under 1min. procedure..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dave_bgd; 01-20-18 at 06:10 AM.
    01-20-18 05:39 AM
    Yeah, it happened to me few times, usually right after I used BBM. You can just repeat the steps, it'll work again and it's basically under 1min. procedure..

Posted via CB10
    Does this solution cause problems with the Android version app solution if used together on same device?
    01-20-18 05:45 AM
    Does this solution cause problems with the Android version app solution if used together on same device?
    Not sure, but I don't think that would even be possible. Two WA, even on the same device and with the same number, I doubt it..right?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-18 05:52 AM
    Not sure, but I don't think that would even be possible. Two WA, even on the same device and with the same number, I doubt it..right?

Posted via CB10
    No that makes sense. I couldn't remember the details. I went back and saw the beginning solution and then remembering I confused with something else.

Good luck on your solution not breaking.
    dave_bgd likes this.
    01-20-18 06:16 AM
    Hi, in step #2 i meant sending text via WA..but I think it doesn't really matter, I've successfully done it later again even without sending/receiving one.

Well from my point of view you can try this > when I open BB Hub, in my bottom left corner I have an option to filter only BBM, E-mails, WA or regular (carrier) messages, so if you can too, filter only WA - even if you have none chats left > click Compose, it should drive you directly to your WA contacts in WA but trough Hub, so it won't block you.

Option #2 is, if that doesn't work..After original step #1 , before you change time back to current one, go directly to your WA - via main menu Icon (it should let you do that after setting date to 1.1.2018), send someone a message (don't forget it will be listed on 1.1.2018, so later just scroll down and find it)..exit that chat, enter WA via Icon > and than continue by original steps. After it, you'll have that someone in the Hub, trough which you can access WA "via back door" (Hub only).

Hope I wrote this down clearly and that you'll have no later problems in your attempt.
    Best wishes

I think Yes, some of the users have posted here that they succeeded in that. Really don't know for sure, but you can try..nothing to lose. Or just continue trough Android .apk if it works ok for you.
    Unfortunately, didn't work out for me.. did everything to let WA show up again in the HUB but failed... although I deleted the Android version, but it seems that your clever work around should have been done before installing the Android version.. wanted to thank you very much for your help.. take care

Posted via CB10
    01-20-18 08:34 AM
    It did work, I put the date back and verified my phone number, now I'm happily using WhatsApp on HUB ( the feature I love the most is being able to use it right out the HUB)

Posted via CB10
    Hi.. how did you verify your phone number again??? That would help me a lot... regards

Posted via CB10
    01-20-18 08:47 AM
    I was on the android Whatsapp for a couple of months now. Followed instructions on this thread and was able to download the native BB10 Whatsapp and get it verified. Followed further instructions from OP and have it working well. Somehow find the Battery drain to be extremely high. Does anyone have a solution for this or will it settle down eventually?

Also read that some of you have the fix reversing in 24 hours. I don't use BBM, so is there a chance that the fix would be 'permanent' (atleast for now) for me?

Thanks again for the solution! Was really missing the hub integration with the android whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-18 01:29 PM
    I was on the android Whatsapp for a couple of months now. Followed instructions on this thread and was able to download the native BB10 Whatsapp and get it verified. Followed further instructions from OP and have it working well. Somehow find the Battery drain to be extremely high. Does anyone have a solution for this or will it settle down eventually?

Also read that some of you have the fix reversing in 24 hours. I don't use BBM, so is there a chance that the fix would be 'permanent' (atleast for now) for me?

Thanks again for the solution! Was really missing the hub integration with the android whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    How were you able to download the native BB 10 WA and get it verified.. me too; downloaded the Android version and would like a way to get back working with the native thru the HUB... can you share what you've done...

Posted via CB10
    01-23-18 01:08 AM
    If just followed the instructions that someone had posted eaier in this same thread. Navigate to whatsapp.com from the native BB browser and click on download. It will open up the BBWORLD link to the native whatsapp. Not sure if it still works though! I had to revert back to the android version since I needed a couple of features to keep in touch with family.

Posted via CB10
    gallouly likes this.
    01-23-18 01:41 AM
    Today just stop working, it says version too old

Posted via CB10
    01-23-18 04:55 AM
    It stopped working today on my phone too. I've tried everything, but no luck...sad :/

Posted via CB10
    01-23-18 08:45 AM
46 12