Yesterday I was using my BlackBerry's cellular data and surfing web when all of a sudden it stopped working and when I saw to top right, there was no tower and nothing but a phrase 'technical error'. I tried re inserting the sim but it wouldn't help, I tried other inserting different carrier sim card but it didn't change nothing.

Also, I got a notification saying that my device is network locked. I contacted my network service provider and he said that the system shows the sim to be working perfectly.

Why is it happening?

It happened before but came back itself after few hours but this time I don't see anything coming.

What should I do?
    @conite @XcrazyS

Posted via CB10
    01-10-21 10:21 AM
    Yesterday I was using my BlackBerry's cellular data and surfing web when all of a sudden it stopped working and when I saw to top right, there was no tower and nothing but a phrase 'technical error'. I tried re inserting the sim but it wouldn't help, I tried other inserting different carrier sim card but it didn't change nothing.

Also, I got a notification saying that my device is network locked. I contacted my network service provider and he said that the system shows the sim to be working perfectly.

Why is it happening?

It happened before but came back itself after few hours but this time I don't see anything coming.

What should I do?
    @conite @XcrazyS

Posted via CB10
    If you've tried another SIM card, and have rebooted the phone, there isn't much else to say other than you may have an intermittent hardware failure - which may now be permanent.
    01-10-21 10:25 AM
    I had the same issue months ago
    Ive tried other sim. Does not work
    Rebooted The phone .either not working
    Until it worked finally moving a bit the sim card waited 2 minutes afer enable/disable celular

My advice. Be patient and good luck

Posted via CB10
    01-10-21 10:54 AM
    If you've tried another SIM card, and have rebooted the phone, there isn't much else to say other than you may have an intermittent hardware failure - which may now be permanent.
    That's horrifying. So now what??
    Switch to another device.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-21 08:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Or run an autoloader, though I doubt that will work. But worth a last ditch effort.
    01-10-21 08:51 PM
    Or run an autoloader, though I doubt that will work. But worth a last ditch effort.
    Should I make a back up and do that?
    And after the autoloader thing, put in the back up??
    Does back up brings in the trouble?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-21 08:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Time for a new phone. Look at the Nokia 5.3 or the 5.4 which is just being released now.
    01-10-21 09:03 PM
    Time for a new phone. Look at the Nokia 5.3 or the 5.4 which is just being released now.
    I fear android lol. I'll still look at them tho.
    An ios would be perfect tho. Won't it be ?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-21 09:06 PM
    Should I make a back up and do that?
    And after the autoloader thing, put in the back up??
    Does back up brings in the trouble?

Posted via CB10
    Don't do a backup, copy your important files to a safe place like SD card or your PC.
    But I do agree with conite that a new phone might be a good idea, though it is entirely up to you how you wish to proceed.
    01-10-21 09:07 PM
    I fear android lol. I'll still look at them tho.
    An ios would be perfect tho. Won't it be ?

Posted via CB10
    What phone you move onto is very much a personal choice, I have moved to iOS and am very happy as it just works but it is much more restrictive than Android and some here like the flexibility Android gives them.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Another advantage of iOS is it gets a longer support window than Android although some would argue you won’t keep the phone long enough to take advantage of that.

As long as it works for “you” that’s all that matters, don’t worry about what other people think about your choice.
    01-11-21 05:10 AM
    What phone you move onto is very much a personal choice, I have moved to iOS and am very happy as it just works but it is much more restrictive than Android and some here like the flexibility Android gives them.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Another advantage of iOS is it gets a longer support window than Android although some would argue you won’t keep the phone long enough to take advantage of that.

As long as it works for “you” that’s all that matters, don’t worry about what other people think about your choice.
    I'd agree with this except I've had a different issue when comparing Android to iOS regarding support. Google, we've always known had the shorter window of support but it has extended that support window in the last 12-24 months. I feel either device, from a real-life support time will be about the same.

I dual carry so my Pixel 3a will be coming up on year 3 with the iPhone XR right behind it. Both devices would be considered same model year, initial proprietary mid-tier device with similar performance.

The divergence is that MSRP of XR is about 2X of 3a so the value proposition is an issue for me. I'm definitely not get 2X support window. After year 3, I suspect both devices optimizations will start the beginning of a noticeable decline. The human equivalent of turning 40 or 50 and showing age.

I've preferred my XR usually but iOS does have some compatibility problems when attempting certain things like writing and printing documents originally from Windows laptop compared with Android for me. I end up with a couple extra steps. Apple seems to want all in where Android is happy to accept my OS choices.

Anyway that's just me. I haven't gone 3 years on device ever so I guess we'll see which device reaches it's 03 birthday in better shape.
    01-11-21 06:55 AM
    If the phone is dead and you like it, pick up a used one.
    01-11-21 10:08 AM