Believe it or not I didn't know about Amazon Silk until I bought my first Fire Stick recently. I was pleasantly delighted to see that Amazon Silk runs reasonably well on the Fire Stick as browsers go, and even allowed me to visit sites such as Fmovies.to with reasonable ad-spam blocking capabilities. So this got me to thinking if Silk would work well on my Passport (which is running just BB10 stock and updated, none of Cobalt's very awesome Android extras, if I can call them that). So I installed Silk on the Passport, and now certain sites that were lost to me on the Passport through the native BB10 browser are working perfectly in Silk, including Google Voice, Tinder, Fmovies.to, to name a few. I am eager to discover which other sites that stopped working in the BB10 browser now also work fine in Silk on BB10! I figured I would share, as I did not see a post or thread that covered this when I did a keyword search on Silk. Hope you get at least as much mileage out of it as I have!
    04-23-20 11:46 PM
    Which version did you get to install? Or did you do it through the Amazon App Store?
    RP Singh likes this.
    04-24-20 09:21 AM
    Curious too. The Silk browser does not show up in the Amazon App store on my Z10. The current version on the Amazon website needs minimum Android 5.1.

Maybe an older one from a third party app site?
    RP Singh likes this.
    04-24-20 12:25 PM
    Curious too. The Silk browser does not show up in the Amazon App store on my Z10. The current version on the Amazon website needs minimum Android 5.1.

Maybe an older one from a third party app site?
    I'm trying it out on my spare Z10 (ver 48??) and in my very limited investigation, it is not bad. Very basic so those that are looking for lots of bells and whistles you will have to get something else. It's got a nice reader view where you can adjust text size and also light, dark or sepia, and font selection.

Also could not find it in the Amazon AppStore. It is brutal to find a download but I found it here: https://apkbucket.net/apk/amazon-sil...amazon.cloud9/

Normally would NEVER get anything here but remember I'm using it ONLY on a test Z10.
    RP Singh likes this.
    04-24-20 02:04 PM
    Hi everyone - I am not a particularly proficient user of a forum, so I will try to respond to whatever has been said.

Like others, I also did not find it on the amazon app store (nor on BBW), so I did a duckduckgo search for Silk APK and downloaded whatever came first. The apk file is still in the file system's downloads folder and it reads as a file name: com.amazon.cloud9.apk

It has a full screen mode which I like, though my main joy came from being able to use website the BB10 browser doesn't seem to be able to pull up, especially useful for a lot of the free streaming sites.

I looked inside the Silk menu for an About or something that might reveal the version, I didn't find such, if someone wants to let me know how I can find it out, I will be happy to share (even if the steps are many and complicated, *I* *WILL* *DO* *IT*).
    04-24-20 03:26 PM
    Thanks. I did find version 48 on ApkMirror and it goes back to Android 4.0.3. I might try it out on my Z10.

The only other place I found was Aptoid having a bunch of more recent versions - around version 75 up to the current 80.5.3 that I have on my 2018 Fire tablet HD 8.

But they almost all require Android 4.4+ (just beyond BB10's runtime), or some require Android 6+ (probably variants for the FireTV device).

Apk Pure had nothing.
    04-24-20 05:04 PM
    I test on passport but black screen on silk

Posted via CB10
    04-26-20 03:10 AM