Fellow Crackberry Loyalists,

I really want a new BB. My 9900 is on its last legs. I tried the Z10 a year ago and loved the phone, but the absence of Auto BCC does not work for me, so I started a petition. Maybe if enough of us make some noise, Blackberry will take notice and put this feature back.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/994/5...lind-copy-bcc/

-mark
    BigAl_BB9900 and revcwp like this.
    02-13-14 01:50 PM
    Is Auto Blind Copy BCC different from simple BCC?
    If not we can definitely BCC when composing email by touching the 3 dots and say Add BCC.

If the two are different please help me know what feature is this.

Q10 \m/
    02-13-14 01:56 PM
    I still refuse to go with bb10 because my pearl 8100 has great battery life on 2G.

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    02-13-14 02:12 PM
    Is Auto Blind Copy BCC different from simple BCC? If not we can definitely BCC when composing email by touching the 3 dots and say Add BCC.
    With Auto BCC, the software automatically adds designated BCC addressees to the e-mail message prior to sending it.
    02-13-14 02:21 PM

I really want a new BB. My 9900 is on its last legs. I tried the Z10 a year ago and loved the phone, but the absence of Auto BCC does not work for me, so I started a petition. Maybe if enough of us make some noise, Blackberry will take notice and put this feature back.

-mark
    I really miss this too - and have missed archiving important emails because of the lack of this feature (which had been standard on legacy BlackBerry OS's for donkeys years....)
    mharries likes this.
    02-13-14 02:25 PM
    Ha! Good one.
    I still refuse to go with bb10 because my pearl 8100 has great battery life on 2G.

02-13-14 02:27 PM
    Hi Nanda_s,

Yes, users can one-at-a-time selectively BCC as they wish. But it is EACH time. For me, I need to BCC MYSELF on each out going e-mail i send from my BB. (I have a rule on my master work computer that mails to myself from myself go into my sent folder, so i have a MASTER repository of ALL communications on my computer). Also, some companies require work e-mails to be BCC'd to supervisors, team members, etc. So one-at-a-time is cumbersome at best.

Auto BCC was a feature in OS 7 and on the BIS. I have looked and looked for work-arounds and there aren't any that fit my (and other's needs).

Hope this answers the question :-)

-mark
    macberry33 likes this.
    02-13-14 02:33 PM
    Why not set up a group email with your own email and whoever else you need to BCC?
    02-13-14 02:36 PM
    Petition signed
    mharries likes this.
    02-13-14 02:39 PM
    With Auto BCC, the software automatically adds designated BCC addressees to the e-mail message prior to sending it.
    Thank you for that.

Q10 \m/
    02-13-14 02:41 PM
    Hi Nanda_s,

Yes, users can one-at-a-time selectively BCC as they wish. But it is EACH time. For me, I need to BCC MYSELF on each out going e-mail i send from my BB. (I have a rule on my master work computer that mails to myself from myself go into my sent folder, so i have a MASTER repository of ALL communications on my computer). Also, some companies require work e-mails to be BCC'd to supervisors, team members, etc. So one-at-a-time is cumbersome at best.

Auto BCC was a feature in OS 7 and on the BIS. I have looked and looked for work-arounds and there aren't any that fit my (and other's needs).

Hope this answers the question :-)

-mark
    Mharries,
    Thank you. It helped

Q10 \m/
    mharries likes this.
    02-13-14 02:41 PM

-mark
    All my free email services and business webmail service can have you configure this directly in the email settings, this isn't exactly what you want, but gets the same job done which is to archive all emails sent. Sure is a very small inconvenience to be missing out on such a great phone....
    02-13-14 03:21 PM
    All my free email services and business webmail service can have you configure this directly in the email settings, this isn't exactly what you want, but gets the same job done which is to archive all emails sent. Sure is a very small inconvenience to be missing out on such a great phone....

Thanks. The problem with that work around is that it auto BCC's me even when I send from my master computer so i end up with double sent messages there. With BB Auto-BCC, only messages I send from my BB get blind copied to me and (via my RULE/Filter in my mail client) put in my sent folder on that master computer.

Please consider signing and circulating the petition. There are lots of threads on the Auto-BCC topic and lots of BB users need to know and raise their hand asking for the feature back.

Thanks!!

-mark
    revcwp likes this.
    02-13-14 06:58 PM
    Is this for an email account you have with a large corporation or small? Is it for an email address based on a domain you own?

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    02-13-14 07:05 PM
    In my case, i have both types. I have 5 e-mail addresses to/from my BB. It was/is all very manageable on my 9900 with BIS. I just want ATT LTE, better processor, camera, etc that come with the new BB 10 phones. But i NEED the Auto BCC feature. And from searching and reading dozens of threads on the topic, I am not alone.

Thanks,

-mark
    02-13-14 07:10 PM
    I think the best solution would be to use MS Exchange based email accounts. That will eliminate the need for bcc to yourself completely. Auto bcc to yourself is a workaround used by people without Exchange-based mail.

If you'd like to learn more let me know. I can help.

iQ

mharries likes this.
    02-13-14 07:33 PM
    Thanks for the offer, but some aren't Exchange based and I don't control them.

We would just like the Auto-BCC feature brought back by BB.

In this thread, I am not looking work-arounds (thank you though for suggestions and advice), simply asking folks with the same desire to sign and share the petition.

Thanks a ton!

-mark
    02-13-14 09:22 PM
    ted via Verizon Z30
    02-13-14 09:29 PM

Why are you on the BB10 forum?

Posted via Verizon Z30
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-13-14 09:30 PM
    So what if you don't get many signatures? Then Blackberry will know it's not worth their time. Good luck.

In this thread, I am not looking work-arounds (thank you though for suggestions and advice), simply asking folks with the same desire to sign and share the petition.

Thanks a ton!

-mark
    02-13-14 09:35 PM

Thanks a ton!

-mark
    Do you have the ability to forward the email accounts you don't have full control over? If so, I can help

iQ

02-13-14 10:08 PM
    He doesn't want help. He wants it done for him. Or else

02-13-14 10:15 PM
    I've signed your petition. I don't use this feature personally, however extra features never hurt. I don't understand what is the problem of most posters in this thread. Since when did asking for new features become a bad thing to do.

I hope you get your signatures Ignore the trolling.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 and mharries like this.
    02-13-14 11:58 PM
    In my case, i have both types. I have 5 e-mail addresses to/from my BB. It was/is all very manageable on my 9900 with BIS. I just want ATT LTE, better processor, camera, etc that come with the new BB 10 phones. But i NEED the Auto BCC feature. And from searching and reading dozens of threads on the topic, I am not alone.

Thanks,

-mark

Thanks a ton!

-mark
    Exactly the same for me - a combination of 2 POP3 accounts (personal and my business), an IMAP account (my business), and various client accounts that come and go (Exchange / ActiveSync)

Losing the Auto-BCC functionality was a bit of a shock and has caused me quite a lot of hassle

I can't understand why BlackBerry removed this functionality, which I know a lot of people used to use, as surely it can't be that hard to code into the email application
    mharries likes this.
    02-14-14 12:52 AM
    Lot's of negativity for such a simple and needed feature request. BTW guess who has this my last 3 android phones so guess someone finds it important.
    03-16-14 04:16 PM
31 12