Hello CrackBerry!

I've updated to BlackBerry 10.2.0.1047 OS and it works fine and perfect. I've tried sideloading apps but it didn't work and I've heard that I need a debug token to get them working. I've installed the token, and when I sideload apps, it completes successfully. The problem is that non of the sideloaded apps open. No errors appears, I press on the app and nothing happens at all. Any ideas? Thanks$

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 05:48 PM
    Any apps?

Have you considered installing the 10.2.0.810 Android runtime?
    scriptyMOE likes this.
    08-12-13 06:42 PM
    I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're talking about. Is 810 runtime a different OS? Could you explain and tell me how to install it?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:18 PM
    did you convert the apk to bar yourself?
    08-12-13 07:23 PM
    I've tried both, I've converted the Viber app to bar and it didn't work, and I've downloaded a ready bar and when I try to open the app nothing happens at all.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:27 PM
    I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're talking about. Is 810 runtime a different OS? Could you explain and tell me how to install it?

Posted via CB10
    What that means is in every OS version there is the Android runtime which is in the OS. The android runtime in 10.2.0.1047 is running in safe mode which is why you have to use the debug token method. If you install the run time from 10.2.0.810 then you can load android apps without the debug token method because it's not in safe mode. Just so you know, you don't need to load the whole 10.2.0.810 os, just the Android runtime from it and you will still run everything else from .1047.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    scriptyMOE likes this.
    08-12-13 07:35 PM
    What that means is in every OS version there is the Android runtime which is in the OS. The android runtime in 10.2.0.1047 is running in safe mode which is why you have to use the debug token method. If you install the run time from 10.2.0.810 then you can load android apps without the debug token method because it's not in safe mode.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    I'll install the runtime tomorrow, but does that mean i'll need to remove my debug token? And do you have a tutorial on how to install it?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:38 PM
    Did you reboot your device after debug token installation?
    scriptyMOE likes this.
    08-12-13 07:41 PM
    Did you reboot your device after debug token installation?
    Not sure about that :P I've rebooted it after sideloading some apps, I'll re-install the token and try that. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:44 PM
    Hello CrackBerry!

I've updated to BlackBerry 10.2.0.1047 OS and it works fine and perfect. I've tried sideloading apps but it didn't work and I've heard that I need a debug token to get them working. I've installed the token, and when I sideload apps, it completes successfully. The problem is that non of the sideloaded apps open. No errors appears, I press on the app and nothing happens at all. Any ideas? Thanks$

Posted via CB10
    Reinstalling would fix the problem, i think.

I've encountered this issue before and i re installed the os and wipe device before restoring backup.. then restored backup from bblink with setting and media only... one at a time.

Posted via CB10
    scriptyMOE likes this.
    08-12-13 07:44 PM
    Reinstalling would fix the problem, i think.

I've encountered this issue before and i re installed the os and wipe device before restoring backup.. then restored backup from bblink with setting and media only... one at a time.

Posted via CB10
    I guess I'll try that after all the other methods fail, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:48 PM
    Remove token. Reload token using method of choice. Reboot device. Enjoy side loaded apps.
    08-13-13 04:10 AM
    I've just found out its not only the sideloaded apps that don't open. I downloaded 'Ghost Commander' and 'Copter' from BlackBerry App World and it still doesn't open. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 10:22 AM
    I tried to downloaded debug token xsacha way, but after making the token it failed to load it on my phone.... since then few of my apps fail to open (downloaded from BlackBerry App World) . Restarted my phone few times but still the same... then I uploaded the debug token through sachesi, n restarted the phone. now it's loaded but apps still fail to open... Pls help.
    11-07-13 09:43 AM
    For many here Sideloading and Converting and using tokens is no problem, and I think they forget that for an average user it is really not that easy.

I've "played" with software and computers for a long time now and I got stuck on several steps. Of course by the time I get it figured out a new unlocked runtime shows up....

But I think that the "FUTURE" of Sideloading is as a developer tool only (as it was meant). Would not be surprised if BlackBerry doesn't start limiting the availability of getting the "keys" to create a tokens, and crack down on future leaks.
    11-07-13 11:00 AM