Likely the piracy traffic, it happened in the past and he had to shut it down for a month and change provider

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    That was amazon who had zero tolerance for certain bad traffic. Usually, the VPS provider will turn off NIC, alert the user, user acknowledges problem solved, provider turns back on NIC. Service back up.

Registration is not the solution, that will just make it easier to identify the abuser, not prevent it.

The solution is to be able to have sideload.it service not forward traffic. Then the VPN connection is purely for installation, not for malicious purposes since people can't use it for anything other than bar installation.
    07-17-15 07:51 PM
    That was amazon who had zero tolerance for certain bad traffic. Usually, the VPS provider will turn off NIC, alert the user, user acknowledges problem solved, provider turns back on NIC. Service back up.

Registration is not the solution, that will just make it easier to identify the abuser, not prevent it.

The solution is to be able to have sideload.it service not forward traffic. Then the VPN connection is purely for installation, not for malicious purposes since people can't use it for anything other than bar installation.
    Oh I agree, that would likely be the better solution, having it be purely an off-line vpn so to speak.

The issue was that the VPS provider disabled the network on the machine and so he can turn it on and off and reformat it, but that is it. Seems weird that that's how a provider would handle it, but I suppose they all do it differently!

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    07-18-15 10:11 AM
    Will the site come back online?
    Today 14-09-2015 it was not available.

I have been looking for info to get an Android IOS or Android apps active on my BB Playbook.
    Any info or links to the latest on this?

I have tried the DDPB tools by GoodEreader.

But converting some apps from APK to BAR gave me no working apps. Was looking to get CoPilot to work.
    Maybe some of you know about good APK to BAR converters? Tried a few but all result in some kind of error message when trying to use/unpack the app.

Tracking info on running and Android OS on BB Playbook is a dead end. Most info is outdated and confusing. XDA-developer forums go silent around 2013. Other info talks about the current BB phones around.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Jan.

EDIT, removed links, not allowed as this is my first post here. Sorry.
    09-14-15 01:07 PM
    Will the site come back online?
    Today 14-09-2015 it was not available.

I have been looking for info to get an Android IOS or Android apps active on my BB Playbook.
    Any info or links to the latest on this?

I have tried the DDPB tools by GoodEreader.

But converting some apps from APK to BAR gave me no working apps. Was looking to get CoPilot to work.
    Maybe some of you know about good APK to BAR converters? Tried a few but all result in some kind of error message when trying to use/unpack the app.

Tracking info on running and Android OS on BB Playbook is a dead end. Most info is outdated and confusing. XDA-developer forums go silent around 2013. Other info talks about the current BB phones around.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Jan.

EDIT, removed links, not allowed as this is my first post here. Sorry.
    As you have found, apps are VERY limited on the Playbook now. As far as converting from .apk to .bar, the android runtime in the Playbook is limited to android Gingerbread (v 2.3) and below. So a rule of thumb is that .apk's that will work on Gingerbread MAY work on the Playbook when converted. I have tried your CoPilot at " apk2bar.org " and the app converted fine and installed on the Playbook with no problem, but unfortunately it will NOT work on the Playbook. If you want a gps app, I suggest you try OsmAnd Free which can be downloaded from Blackberry World. It will work-I have used it.
    09-14-15 01:33 PM
    I am not planning to bring the site back online. CloudAtCost, where the VPS instance was hosted, just destroyed my VPS claiming it was causing trouble to a couple of dozens of other clients. 2 weeks of support tickets and claims resulted in nothing. They just buried 2 websites of mine. I did have a backup copy of Sideload.it website, but it was a bit outdated. Now if anyone is willing to bring the service back, I will be glad to provide the backup copy I have. Also, if anyone needs the source code of the client app, let me know. As an option, I can publish it on Github.
    Sorry, guys. This project was good once it worked. Yet, for 10.3.x it looks lame and I do not have enough time to dig further into why it is not working properly via VPN, while it works fine locally when the device is in the same real, but not virtual network.
    09-15-15 04:19 AM
    Okay so after discussing with Rebelllious, we potentially have a plan. However it's dependent on how much you guys want this back up and running!

Anyone with dev experience and a BlackBerry running 10.3.1+ wanting to help try to figure out why the PB tools won't work via VPN, please reply to this thread! (I don't check PM's often because it's a pain since the BlackBerry10 CB app doesn't do that)

If we can get a plan in place, I'll gladly get the serverside portion back up and running!

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    krissie5602 and eldricho like this.
    09-15-15 09:15 AM
    Something I was so excited to find as a new BlackBerry user, and quickly saddened that it's not up anymore. I don't know anything about sideloading and I don't have a computer so I am looking for what this offered. Definitely following this post.
    09-15-15 09:58 PM
    Guys, guys.. gaiiiiis! Don't give up hope yet!

Sideload.it - sideload any BAR files for FREE (no computer needed!!!)-img_20150929_135358.png

More info to come soon!

09-29-15 12:55 PM
    Yeah, it just works on the test server. Follow us for further updates as we are planning to make it running for public again.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 01:14 PM
    An Android App that can side load bar files?

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    09-29-15 01:28 PM
    It's a service, not simply an app. And yes, it does sideloading with no computer needed. Read the first post.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 01:34 PM
    I am not planning to bring the site back online. CloudAtCost, where the VPS instance was hosted, just destroyed my VPS claiming it was causing trouble to a couple of dozens of other clients. 2 weeks of support tickets and claims resulted in nothing. They just buried 2 websites of mine. I did have a backup copy of Sideload.it website, but it was a bit outdated. Now if anyone is willing to bring the service back, I will be glad to provide the backup copy I have. Also, if anyone needs the source code of the client app, let me know. As an option, I can publish it on Github.
    Sorry, guys. This project was good once it worked. Yet, for 10.3.x it looks lame and I do not have enough time to dig further into why it is not working properly via VPN, while it works fine locally when the device is in the same real, but not virtual network.
    FYI, I do think there was a problem/bug when running strongswan on Centos 6. I, too, had the NIC disconnected (server wasn't wiped, just disconnected from network until fixed) by CAC a few times, claiming it was causing problems for other customers. I complained that they were not providing sufficient proof and that it wasn't possible based on how it was initially described, but then sent packet captures and screenshots of my server responding to arps for other servers on the other servers (windows machines). The times that other customers were affected lined up with my lunchtime use of the VPN, so I couldn't deny that the problems were originating from my VPS. The only thing I could think of, was incorrect iptables rules, bugs in strongswan, or that someone was trying to exploit the server (I had noticed some crashes in the messages log and they may or may not have correlated to the problems) by inducing a fault. Just thought I'd mention it, as I was initially really annoyed with CAC until they provided proof and I had egg on my face.

No such issues observed by me or reported by CAC and I've been running more Centos 7 servers than the older Centos 6 ones for longer now. So if you're now using Centos 7, I'd say the issue won't resurface.
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    09-29-15 01:36 PM
    I had no experience with CentOS 7 till now. Can you help me rewrite the Github installation scripts to fit the new OS? If so, we could move to CentOS 7 then...

Anyway, thanks for your input concerning CAC. Seems like I was not the only one hit by this...

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 01:42 PM
    OK, good news. The new server is at the final test stage. Fortunately for us and unfortunately for freebie seekers, VPN will only allow people to connect to the server for remote installation of bar files. This means there will be no Web surfing through VPN. When the previous server was active, people surfing the Web were a headache. Now headache has gone

Will keep you updated.

Posted via CB10
    eldricho and D3C0D3R like this.
    10-08-15 01:35 PM
    Sounds great! I'm really glad you decided to give it another go.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 08:27 PM
    Thanks for trying again!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 10:46 PM
    Okay we've tried Rebelllious's new server with various tests and it's shaping up really well. There's some minor changes needing to be made and then some instructional stuff, so keep your eyes peeling on this thread within the next few days!

103683 likes this.
    10-09-15 01:35 PM
    video guide on how to use the service with the updated settings.
    Enjoy it.
    103683, eldricho and D3C0D3R like this.
    10-12-15 03:12 PM
    Will Sideload.it still work on the PlayBook?

By the way it did work on my Z10 just like your Video said it would!

Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 08:54 PM
    Yes, it does work for Playbook as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 11:04 PM
    Still doesn't work for me either on my Passport running 10.3.2.2789 OR my Playbook. Just will not connect to vpn. Sideload.it has never worked for me for some reason. (Yes, I have carefully configured the vpn etc etc etc)
    10-12-15 11:42 PM
    Can't seem to get it to work on the PlayBook, with it accepting the VPN in the same manner as the Z10!

What am I doing wrong, or different?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 12:29 AM
    Still doesn't work for me either on my Passport running 10.3.2.2789 OR my Playbook. Just will not connect to vpn. Sideload.it has never worked for me for some reason. (Yes, I have carefully configured the vpn etc etc etc)
    Can you send me the screenshots / screencast of what you are doing? You can use this app to record your screen http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59967216 (I recorded mine with it). It will be easier for me to figure your problem out. I just CAN'T fail to work granted everything is configured correctly.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 12:35 AM
    Can't seem to get it to work on the PlayBook, with it accepting the VPN in the same manner as the Z10!

What am I doing wrong, or different?

Posted via CB10
    What's your problem during the whole process? What stage are you stuck at?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 12:36 AM
    What's your problem during the whole process? What stage are you stuck at?

Posted via CB10
    Says "failed to establish VPN connection"
    (General Error)
    Sideload.it - sideload any BAR files for FREE (no computer needed!!!)-img_20151012_224251.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 12:42 AM
634 ... 1920212223 ...