The issue, as it stands, is not about the OS. Maybe server-side. Let's wait for update from Rebellious.

By the way, if you have an installation of CentOS 6.3 or newer, you can have your own bar installation feature, just like Sideload.it. The procedure is explained here Want the same? | Sideload.it

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    I read that tutorial. A little too intense for me. Also wouldn't you need a separate computer for that?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 03:34 PM
    OK, here is what I get for now.
    Sideloading time for my Playbook decreased from about 45-55 seconds to 13-15 seconds with the same file (only WiFi connection is used). This is good news.
    Bad news though is that this is true for my device only. For a reason yet unknown to me other people cannot sideload. Which is very strange, actually.
    Keep looking into it.
    annon91221 likes this.
    11-06-14 03:37 PM
    For a reason yet unknown to me other people cannot sideload. Which is very strange, actually.
    Many thanks as ever for your hard work . . . may I ask if the IP address assigned to my device (192.168.2.xxx) via VPN connection is passed to $device argument quoted below?

Code:
    cat > /var/www/html/install.php <<'CONTENT'
    <?php
    $device = $_POST['device'];
    $password = $_POST['password'];
    $file = $_POST['file'];
    echo "Installing the app. Please wait a little...";
    echo "\n";
    echo exec("/etc/bar/install.sh $device $password $file");
    echo "\n";
    ?>
    CONTENT
    annon91221 likes this.
    11-06-14 10:41 PM
    OK, here is what I get for now.
    Sideloading time for my Playbook decreased from about 45-55 seconds to 13-15 seconds with the same file (only WiFi connection is used). This is good news.
    Bad news though is that this is true for my device only. For a reason yet unknown to me other people cannot sideload. Which is very strange, actually.
    Keep looking into it.
    Have to thank you for your efforts for sure.. Take your time figuring this out and if you need any feed back we are all ears here.. On a positive note, I am sure you will end up enlightened more.. )

BTW.. I almost always use CB10 app.. for any input or feedback.. just leave a comment here..

Thanks again..

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 10:47 PM
    Many thanks as ever for your hard work . . . may I ask if the IP address assigned to my device (192.168.2.xxx) via VPN connection is passed to $device argument quoted below?

Code:
    cat > /var/www/html/install.php <<'CONTENT'
    <?php
    $device = $_POST['device'];
    $password = $_POST['password'];
    $file = $_POST['file'];
    echo "Installing the app. Please wait a little...";
    echo "\n";
    echo exec("/etc/bar/install.sh $device $password $file");
    echo "\n";
    ?>
    CONTENT
    Correct. $device variable passes the device IP address on VPN.
    Last edited by Rebelllious; 11-07-14 at 09:48 AM.
    11-07-14 05:03 AM
    Critical information update for Sideload.it
    For VPN server address, be sure to use vpn.sideload.it instead of sideload.it - this will be a reliable and fast way to sideload apps. Inside the client app, put vpn.sideload.it as the server name, too.
    Generally, this new host is a box at my home with 100 Mbit/s unlimited data... I will have to run it until I find a reliable and cheap cloud solution. In case you encounter server outage, just know my home has no electricity or my kid has just pulled the cable out of the box
    annon91221 likes this.
    11-07-14 03:42 PM
    Success! The new server solves my problem.

BIG thanks to Rebellious again - both for providing the service and for taking time to test it with me.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 03:44 PM
    Nope still not working here. Actual address should be http://vpn.Sideload.it or it will show error in apk. Tried to sideload snap but again no go.
    Rebellious thx for effort tho

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 04:53 PM
    Just tried it and it worked for me the first time with Simple Browser. But then on the second attempt back to the same it was before.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 07:46 PM
    Unfortunately the new server (in Kyiv) did not work for me . . . I would try to replicate settings on a Linux server.
    11-07-14 07:57 PM
    I got all excited when it worked the first time. On the second attempt I did the exact same thing with the same file. I don't think I'm doing it wrong.
    I feel like that after the first time the user "user" gets blocked somehow.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 07:58 PM
    anyone can use this server in the mean time...

though I recommend getting your own setup. its easy and free. theres a guide on the main website. this way you can always install whatever/whenever
    11-07-14 08:24 PM
    It does not matter what name you use when connecting to VPN (as soon as the name is among the VPN usernames). If you have a closer look to the scripts (in case you know what to look for and have at least basic understanding of web servers) you will see that. Now when I have this server inside my home network, I have troubles with my Playbook hanging on "Installing app" forever. This makes me think that the reason is somehow connected with DNS. As my home network has its own DNS server, inside the network vpn.sideload.it is not resolved to anything. Unfortunately, this idea has just come to me and I had no time to test this. This is just what I observe. My suggestion is that some ISPs might have problems resolving DNS for different segments of the Internet. This could explain why some people like Marshalla99 have problems with Canadian or US-based servers, but don't have any with Ukrainian-based (and vice versa for others). But this definitely does not cover the case when the same people can successfully retrieve the list of files while not being able to sideload apps.
    I am still puzzled. Will be investigating further.
    11-08-14 03:01 AM
    It does not matter what name you use when connecting to VPN (as soon as the name is among the VPN usernames). If you have a closer look to the scripts (in case you know what to look for and have at least basic understanding of web servers) you will see that. Now when I have this server inside my home network, I have troubles with my Playbook hanging on "Installing app" forever. This makes me think that the reason is somehow connected with DNS. As my home network has its own DNS server, inside the network vpn.sideload.it is not resolved to anything. Unfortunately, this idea has just come to me and I had no time to test this. This is just what I observe. My suggestion is that some ISPs might have problems resolving DNS for different segments of the Internet. This could explain why some people like Marshalla99 have problems with Canadian or US-based servers, but don't have any with Ukrainian-based (and vice versa for others). But this definitely does not cover the case when the same people can successfully retrieve the list of files while not being able to sideload apps.
    I am still puzzled. Will be investigating further.
    Put in a quick communications test before beginning the upgrade to verify the connection is good before starting the install .bar process? I assumed that was already there before proceeding.
    11-08-14 09:20 PM
    [QUOTE=gokulesh;10871703]OK. My apologies. I was entering the mobile ip address and not the vpn IP address.

Bar file installed fine.

Thank you pretty awesome app.
    th
    I'm having the same issues where it says installing, but nothing happens. Where are you entering and IP address? IP address is under advanced settins and the directions say you don't have to adjust those settings.
    11-09-14 08:09 AM
    Go to Sideload.it client app settings.
    11-09-14 08:18 AM
    It's not working for me. All setting appear to be correct, but I still can't successfully download anything, it just keeps saying downloading but nothing happens. Mine doesn't even look like the others. Here is a screen shot.
    Sideload.it - sideload any BAR files for FREE (no computer needed!!!)-img_20141109_093232.png

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 08:37 AM
    Try it now. There have been problems with connection to VPN for some time. Now everything should be fine.
    Well, a short story about one of my friends here. Two days ago he had problems with "Installing, please wait". Nothing worked for him. Yet, next morning he tried it once again and it worked like a charm for him. So, in case you run across this problem - just wait for some time to pass and try to install anything once again.
    11-09-14 10:28 AM
    I'm not 100% sure on what to do. I downloaded sideload.it, but I don't get the whole VPN thing or what to do on that part. I downloaded it, opened it and now I'm here (pic).

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 02:42 PM
    Sideload.it - sideload any BAR files for FREE (no computer needed!!!)-img_20141109_154159.png

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 02:43 PM
    How do we get the bar links or whatever ti download?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 02:45 PM
    New version of the Sideload.it client app is out there.
    Say "No more!" to outraging typing of long and complicated names of the files.
    Re-download the app now and enjoy it.
    11-09-14 02:56 PM
    How do we get the bar links or whatever ti download?

Posted via CB10
    When connected to VPN, press on the List BARs on Server button to see the list of files available. Tune the app with your settings (like development mode password and IP address of your device on VPN) and you are ready to go. But before that re-download the app to get an easier start.
    Now after this request of yours I am really thinking of making a complete video tutorial of what to do with all this. But to do this, I would need a BB10 device, which I don't have. So, in case anyone can make a video instruction on the app, I would appreciate it very-very-very much.
    11-09-14 03:01 PM
    I figured out the VPN by putting in on Universal Search. When I try to connect I get errors. Sigh.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 03:03 PM
    When connected to VPN, press on the List BARs on Server button to see the list of files available. Tune the app with your settings (like development mode password and IP address of your device on VPN) and you are ready to go. But before that re-download the app to get an easier start.
    Now after this request of yours I am really thinking of making a complete video tutorial of what to do with all this. But to do this, I would need a BB10 device, which I don't have. So, in case anyone can make a video instruction on the app, I would appreciate it very-very-very much.
    Thanks! There's a huge sale going on right now, 55% off hehe.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 03:05 PM
634 ... 1213141516 ...