I've deleted the app. Useless since I downloaded it. I simply use the chrome extension on my laptop now. It's wireless and gets the job done without any hussle

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 04:28 PM
    I've deleted the app. Useless since I downloaded it. I simply use the chrome extension on my laptop now. It's wireless and gets the job done without any hussle

Posted via CB10
    Calling the app useless is disrespectful and subjective.

What you might think is useless for you cos it has not worked is useful for others it has worked for.

If you have ever tried developing an app, you won't use such a word

Posted Via CB10 from my Z10 Running OS10.3.1.1949
    02-25-15 04:35 PM
    It's not disrespectful. It's an honest opinion based on my experience with the app. I even tried to notify the creators (I assume you are one of them) by posting screen shots of the problem I had, here in this thread since it just didn't work (see couple of posts before). I've waited patiently, but no reply. And I am not even calling that disrespectful, because I know devs are busy.

So.. if it would work I would praise the developers and perhaps even donate to support them. However, I followed all the steps carefully and it simply doesn't work. I cannot install bar files with this app. So.. for me.. this app is useless.

Am I not entitled to have this honest opinion?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 04:45 PM
    I hope OP fix this issue, still doesn't work on 10.3.1. This method is good altenative to instal bar without computer
    02-26-15 12:42 AM
    Waiting to test this out once 10.3.1 fix is out.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-26-15 04:27 AM
    It's not working for me. 1: doesn't let me see the
    .bars I already downloaded. 2: when I chose one from the server, it stays hours on "installing the app, please wait a little" and it doesn't even move from there

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 11:14 PM
    It's not working for me. 1: doesn't let me see the
    .bars I already downloaded. 2: when I chose one from the server, it stays hours on "installing the app, please wait a little" and it doesn't even move from there

Posted via CB10
    The site is offline/removed. He was hosting it on an old PC in his home.

Not Found

The requested URL /install.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at vpn.sideload.it Port 80
    02-27-15 12:50 AM
    He lives in the war shattered Ukraine. Who knows what happened.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:43 AM
    At least he should have passed the install script...

02-27-15 04:01 PM
    At least he should have passed the install script...

He did. Back in November. Want the same? | Sideload.it

Want the same?
    It is good when a service is there for free, up and running and letting you benefit from it. Yet, it is even better when it is owned by you!

No problem! Here it goes. Follow these steps and you will get a running instance of the same functionality as Sideload.it offers. Just take a deep breath and read further.

So, what you need to proceed is to have a sound installation of CentOS 6.3 (minimum one tested).
    Commands you need to perform are:

Code:
    yum install wget -y
    bash <(wget -qO- –no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Rebelllious/blackberry10-vpn-server-installation-centos/master/vpn.sh)
    After this you do:

vim /etc/sysconfig/selinux

and see if SELINUX=disabled
    If it is not, make it so. If you make any changes to this, reboot your server.
    After the reboot run the following command:
    Code:
    bash <(wget -qO- –no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Rebelllious/remote-bar-file-installation/master/remoteinstall.sh)
    Voila! Only four steps made – and your own server with the functionality of Sideload.it is up and running! Enjoy it! Use Sideload.it client app and enter the name or IP address of your server in the app settings.

If you like this, press that little yellow button to the right.
    Though, I'm pretty sure this is too simplistic instructions and not hand holding instructions. For example, I had to make changes to my http to allow php to execute. So don't expect to make your own server without adapting it to your setup.
    02-27-15 06:30 PM
    He lives in the war shattered Ukraine. Who knows what happened.

Posted via CB10
    He is actually okay. I think he's been very busy. For those who don't know, he is a family man and a breadwinner, so he has to make ends meet. I chatted with him a few days back, hence i know he is okay.

Now, for those who want to host their own personal bar installation server; the easiest way is to use Amazon AWS service. It's actually free for a year. Just follow the steps posted above by Mike.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    02-27-15 07:49 PM
    I'm glad to hear he's okay. I don't know how close he is to the danger zone there because you never know.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:43 PM
    Guys, I am really OK. And I really have to work hard these days, both at work and as a freelancer at night, otherwise... I do not even want to think of thing that would happen unless I earn enough.
    I am sorry for those who have never experienced Sideload.it to work properly on their devices. I guess it's like sex - until you have it you might not realize how cool it is But jokes aside, I have been gathering some statistics from the people addressing me through the BBM channel of the app. And the whole thing is still a mystery to me. One of those unlucky guys told me it never worked for him, but his grand had it running smoothly (device, OS version, STx version - everything was the same for both, except for the carrier). I still do not know what makes the service fail. Well, I have some guesses, but I am not really sure how close they are to reality. What I know for sure is that this is not a server issue, but a device one. So, guys, do blame your devices for being not able to work with the service, but not the developer. Thanks for understanding.

Soon I might have some more time to devote to the project. When that time comes, I will do my best to continue investigating the reasons and solutions. Though the latter might never come. Hope you accept this.
    03-01-15 08:14 AM
    I keep getting VPN Connection Error (Timing Out). Maybe the server is down? Anyone else getting this problem?

Passport and 10.3.1.2243
    03-01-15 11:18 AM
    I keep getting VPN Connection Error (Timing Out). Maybe the server is down? Anyone else getting this problem?

Passport and 10.3.1.2243
    Same here. The VPN worked fine the first day I tried but was stuck with the message saying in the lines "Please wait a little..." when I was trying to sideload a bar file. So I can't say it's my device that's playing a little differently but the service itself.

Anyhow, it's a cool idea and I hope he gets time to fix it. I think it doesn't work on 10.3.1.

03-01-15 02:25 PM
    Okay.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 02:48 PM
    Sideload.it - sideload any BAR files for FREE (no computer needed!!!)-img_20150301_222431.png
    Sideload.it - sideload any BAR files for FREE (no computer needed!!!)-img_20150301_222407.png
    Vpn set up properly latest app installed and yet still can't install just stays on this screen. What am I doing wrong development mode enabled too.
    Do I need debug token installed.
    Also I'm on latest 10.3.1
    Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 04:27 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150301_222431.png 
Views:	2680 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	337979
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150301_222407.png 
Views:	2680 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	337980
    Vpn set up properly latest app installed and yet still can't install just stays on this screen. What am I doing wrong development mode enabled too.
    Do I need debug token installed.
    Also I'm on latest 10.3.1
    Posted via CB10
    It's not going to work. The install script on vpn.sideload.it was removed.
    03-01-15 04:35 PM
    It's not going to work. The install script on vpn.sideload.it was removed.
    So there is nothing I can do to make this work now?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 04:46 PM
    So there is nothing I can do to make this work now?

Posted via CB10
    At this time, you can attempt to create your own host as stated in the previous posts, otherwise, yes, for now you're not able to use the normal service.

Hopefully he'll get some free time soon and be able to get it back working with 10.3.1!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    03-01-15 05:46 PM
    Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you had a CentOS system and had setup the install script?

Trying to help Rebelllious but unfortunately my server only runs Ubuntu and the script isn't too easily transferable to that flavour, and his server is down.

If anyone has, would they be willing to share the details and login info?

Thanks!
    03-10-15 03:28 PM
    I can connect to the VPN right now.
    Just don't think it supports 10.3.1 as it sticks on "Installing.. Please wait a little.."

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-10-15 05:00 PM
    I can connect to the VPN right now.
    Just don't think it supports 10.3.1 as it sticks on "Installing.. Please wait a little.."

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    We're trying to find a workaround for that.

Anyone have it working showing the list of files he's got stored? Showing a 404 error for me :/
    03-10-15 06:29 PM
    Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you had a CentOS system and had setup the install script?

Trying to help Rebelllious but unfortunately my server only runs Ubuntu and the script isn't too easily transferable to that flavour, and his server is down.

If anyone has, would they be willing to share the details and login info?

Thanks!
    Are you asking for Centos script or an Ubuntu one?
    How is if much different other than changing yum to apt-get?
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    03-10-15 06:46 PM
    Are you asking for Centos script or an Ubuntu one?
    How is if much different other than changing yum to apt-get?
    Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm asking if anyone has a system that has installed the script and got their own VPN working for this.

I got Rebelllious to send me his modified scripts for Ubuntu and I'm realizing the issues aren't with the scripts, but with the way my Ubuntu VPS works (DreamHost VPS's are very limited it seems..)

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    Last edited by D3C0D3R; 03-10-15 at 08:25 PM.
    03-10-15 06:52 PM
634 ... 1718192021 ...