leticeberry, did you try changing networks (wifi vs cellular, or different wifi networks)? Did you try reenabling dev mode with different password? If you still want me to help you, you could just PM me and that could be more productive than complaining here.
    I did try changing networks. However, I did not dry a different password yet. I thought you had to use the phone's password? I'll keep looking at this thread and try different things suggested. Thanks.
    11-19-14 02:33 PM
    C0015BFDC
    This is the new and official BBM channel for Sideload.it supported by me personally. Be sure to subscribe in order to get the latest updates and the newest information available.
    The old channel will no longer be updated, neither will it be supported due to some reason out of my sphere of influence. If you want any feedback on your posts at the channel, use the new one.
    tryfe likes this.
    11-27-14 02:09 AM
    Doesn't work anymore.
    I've tried changing networks, passwords and everything I could possibly do.
    It just keeps saying app is installing please wait a little.
    Now I can't even connect to the vpn because I get timeouts.

|Posted Via Z10STL100-2|10.3.1.1151|
    11-29-14 04:43 AM
    How do I connect to VPN??

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 05:22 AM
    Doesn't work anymore.
    I've tried changing networks, passwords and everything I could possibly do.
    It just keeps saying app is installing please wait a little.
    Now I can't even connect to the vpn because I get timeouts.
    Read this and give it a try. And make sure your dev mode is on - on my Playbook it is automatically switched off after 10 days have passed since it was on.
    You might experience some little troubles with VPN connectivity now, as one of my boxes responsible for DNS inside my home network has got a CPU fan failure. I tried to buy one to replace it, but it appears to be almost impossible. I will have to find the officials for that brand and ask them for a replacement. Yet, Taobao offers that fan in just about 1.5 USD... But I cannot wait for two weeks to get it.
    I checked the server and found out there were people connected to VPN. So, I assume it is not affected much. Hope it will never be.
    By the way, Ubuntu script for bar file installation is 99% ready, meaning I just need to test it to prove it is 100% correct and works as expected.
    11-29-14 02:33 PM
    How do I connect to VPN??
    Google it.
    11-29-14 02:33 PM
    Read this and give it a try. And make sure your dev mode is on - on my Playbook it is automatically switched off after 10 days have passed since it was on.
    You might experience some little troubles with VPN connectivity now, as one of my boxes responsible for DNS inside my home network has got a CPU fan failure. I tried to buy one to replace it, but it appears to be almost impossible. I will have to find the officials for that brand and ask them for a replacement. Yet, Taobao offers that fan in just about 1.5 USD... But I cannot wait for two weeks to get it.
    I checked the server and found out there were people connected to VPN. So, I assume it is not affected much. Hope it will never be.
    By the way, Ubuntu script for bar file installation is 99% ready, meaning I just need to test it to prove it is 100% correct and works as expected.
    I do have it on.
    Can you send me the vpn settings you have set and a screen shot of the app's settings too?

11-29-14 05:21 PM
    A little might-help advice to those stuck at "Installing app, please wait".
    When you get this, ensure your development mode is on (sometimes people do miss this) and reboot your device so that when it starts the development mode is on. It is for now the only way I found to solve this. Will keep on trying.
    While I commend the developers for this app (a great idea in theory) I have found it to be to much of a "hit or miss" solution for installing .bar files. I have tried EVERYTHING numerous times to get this procedure consistent. It has worked for me maybe 20-30 % of the time. I am connected to the VPN, I HAVE dev. mode enabled, good wifi connection etc etc but I almost always get the dreaded "Installing the app. Please wait a little..." . I have enabled dev mode, re-booted etc etc and it does not help. Really, I find it much quicker to just find the .bar on a website then install it with DDPB or the Chrome extension. I have a Passport running 10.3.1.1154 a z10 running 10.3.1.1154 and a Playbook running 2.1.0.1917 and have had NO consistency with any of these devices even tho I have a connected VPN . I will just use another method for side-loading but hopefully things can get better with the app. I will keep checking on the progress from time to time and test it again. Thanks for your hard work though.
    12-07-14 12:14 PM
    A little hint to your problem: 10.3.1.1154 is not a release OS, but a leak. I know only one person for whom this OS version (Passport was used, by the way) was fine with Sideload.it, yet dozens of users complain about problems like you have. As soon as this OS version becomes released, we will see a different situation, I hope.
    You are free to choose your favorite sideload tool though. I would just tell you that most of these tools use the same core libraries (all of them need Java installed, yeah?) And the actual problem is not in Sideload.it, the problem is somehow in the OS itself, in the way it accepts connections through development mode...
    12-07-14 01:03 PM
    A little hint to your problem: 10.3.1.1154 is not a release OS, but a leak. I know only one person for whom this OS version (Passport was used, by the way) was fine with Sideload.it, yet dozens of users complain about problems like you have. As soon as this OS version becomes released, we will see a different situation, I hope.
    You are free to choose your favorite sideload tool though. I would just tell you that most of these tools use the same core libraries (all of them need Java installed, yeah?) And the actual problem is not in Sideload.it, the problem is somehow in the OS itself, in the way it accepts connections through development mode...
    I should have mentioned that I just recently switched my OS to the leak--I had been using 10.2.1.3442 on my z10 until I bought my Passport (which is, of course, my main device now). The consistency was the same on the official OS. The Playbook has been on the same OS and also is just as problematic. I don't really think it is as much a function of your app, but rather an inherent problem with VPN networks. I don't believe that the OS is at fault IMHO. I have been using DDPB for a couple of years now without any problems. Like I mentioned though, I am going to keep Sideload.it on my device and give it a go every once in a while.
    12-07-14 02:52 PM
    How do I set up the VPN profile?

Blackberry 10 device.
    12-07-14 10:43 PM
    Like a lot of people I can't connect to the VPN tried it with cellular/wifi... rebooted the phone and tried a different phone code.
    Nothings helping? Z10 10.2.2....

Posted with my awesome ? Z10
    12-07-14 11:54 PM
    Just a business tip, how about making Sideload.it a third party bb10 app store for bar files rejected from BBW or may not be allowed into BBW?? Ever thought of that??..... I'll suggest you start contacting third party developers

Posted via CB10
    Guyzer likes this.
    12-08-14 05:50 PM
    I suggest making it stable first Yet, this was one of possible ways of development. Unfortunately, I do everything myself and now have less time to devote to all this. Yet, some time later there might be such a feature.
    ================================================== ================
    CRITICAL INFORMATION FOR ALL USERS
    Just as a matter of chance, I found the server can accept only 5 simultaneous connections with the same login/password. I have not found out yet what is the reason for this. So if you have troubles connecting to Sideload.it VPN - just realize someone has connected to it before you and you have no free slot available But, to be serious, I will be taking a closer look into this. It might be a matter of additional configuration or just a limitation of the VPN server software.
    Will keep you updated.
    12-10-14 08:57 AM
    I suggest making it stable first Yet, this was one of possible ways of development. Unfortunately, I do everything myself and now have less time to devote to all this. Yet, some time later there might be such a feature.
    ================================================== ================
    CRITICAL INFORMATION FOR ALL USERS
    Just as a matter of chance, I found the server can accept only 5 simultaneous connections with the same login/password. I have not found out yet what is the reason for this. So if you have troubles connecting to Sideload.it VPN - just realize someone has connected to it before you and you have no free slot available But, to be serious, I will be taking a closer look into this. It might be a matter of additional configuration or just a limitation of the VPN server software.
    Will keep you updated.
    Ahhh--this could be the root of the problem many are experiencing!!
    12-10-14 10:04 AM
    That is the actual vpn connection, not the "installing app, please wait" problem right?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-14 11:45 AM
    That is the actual vpn connection, not the "installing app, please wait" problem right?

Posted via CB10
    No--I think it may explain the "installing app, please wait" problem.
    12-10-14 02:21 PM
    NEW SETTINGS FOR SIDELOAD.IT VPN:

Profile Name: Sideload.it
    Server Address: vpn.sideload.it
    Gateway Type: Generic IKEv2 VPN Server
    Authentication Type: PSK
    Authentication ID Type: IPv4
    Authentication ID: write your nickname here (I might be a little wrong with the name of this field, but it is there) - necessary only for Playbook, as proven by users.
    Preshared Key: sideload.it
    Gateway Auth Type: PSK
    Gateway Auth ID Type: IPv4
    Gateway Preshared Key: sideload.it

This is a test run, so be patient if something goes wrong. I need to check if there are more than 5 people able to connect simultaneously. If you still have any issues with THESE settings, give me a notice in whatever way you prefer (BBM channel, Twitter, PM here, email).
    The previous connection, which is indicated at the website of Sideload.it is still alive, so you may use it until I inform you it was abandoned.
    Thanks to everyone.
    Last edited by Rebelllious; 12-11-14 at 09:56 AM.
    Guyzer and Pcmx like this.
    12-11-14 02:04 AM
    Initially, yes. This should be the problem of the VPN not connecting, but it is expected to have nothing to do with installation of apps.
    12-11-14 02:33 AM
    NEW SETTINGS FOR SIDELOAD.IT VPN:

Profile Name: Sideload.it
    Server Address: vpn.sideload.it
    Gateway Type: Generic IKEv2 VPN Server
    Authentication Type: PSK
    Authentication ID Type: IPv4
    Authentication ID: write your nickname here (I might be a little wrong with the name of this field, but it is there)
    Preshared Key: sideload.it
    Gateway Auth Type: PSK
    Gateway Auth ID Type: IPv4
    Gateway Preshared Key: sideload.it

This is a test run, so be patient if something goes wrong. I need to check if there are more than 5 people able to connect simultaneously. If you still have any issues with THESE settings, give me a notice in whatever way you profer (BBM channel, Twitter, PM here, email).
    The previous connection, which is indicated at the website of Sideload.it is still alive, so you may use it until I inform you it was abandoned.
    Thanks to everyone.
    So, is it basically our nickname or we have to have a unique username for each?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 03:06 AM
    Nicknames tend to be unique, yeah?
    You can write there whatever you want to, but just to avoid any possible impacts coincidence of those fields might have on connectivity I suggested to put your nickname there.
    P.S. This field seems to be required only on Playbook, which is a predecessor of BB10. I tested it only with Playbook, so I relied on the settings available there.
    Last edited by Rebelllious; 12-11-14 at 04:56 AM.
    12-11-14 03:43 AM
    And again

Sideload.it - sideload any BAR files for FREE (no computer needed!!!)-img_20141212_080748.png

12-12-14 12:08 AM
    And again...
    Didn't I tell you about the unofficial OS that you have? The new settings were not supposed to fix the issue you have. You were supposed to fix the connectivity issue. Yet, I need to admit that people do not use the new settings. So, I expect I will need to force them check for the new settings...
    12-12-14 09:34 AM
    Didn't I tell you about the unofficial OS that you have? The new settings were not supposed to fix the issue you have. You were supposed to fix the connectivity issue. Yet, I need to admit that people do not use the new settings. So, I expect I will need to force them check for the new settings...
    Sorry forgive my signature.
    I'm back to 10.2.1

12-12-14 01:54 PM
    Get in contact with me through the BBM channel (message to administrator) and we will try it once again on 10.2.1
    12-13-14 07:40 AM
634 ... 1516171819 ...