Sorry I mislead my question,
    I thought that I installed the app through Sideload.it so I had to throw the q here...
    I thought wrong...
    Sorry mate, won't happen again...
    Btw, great pioneer app...

STL100-1 / 10.3.0.1154
    09-23-14 05:57 AM
    OK, guys, don't panic. The service is unreachable now for some technical reason. We are going online soon.

P.S. The service should be online already. Please check it. For the website it will take us some time to get it back to the state it was yesterday... But that it not a major issue It's still fun for us, but no tragedy.
    Last edited by Rebelllious; 09-23-14 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Notice on service going online
    09-23-14 08:10 AM
    Connected to VPN successfully twice. Haven't successfully downloaded since last night. Keep trying.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 03:45 PM
    OK, guys, don't panic. The service is unreachable now for some technical reason. We are going online soon.

P.S. The service should be online already. Please check it. For the website it will take us some time to get it back to the state it was yesterday... But that it not a major issue It's still fun for us, but no tragedy.
    Yup. It's connecting fine. great work, guys.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    09-23-14 04:27 PM
    Connected to VPN successfully twice. Haven't successfully downloaded since last night. Keep trying.

Posted via CB10
    Are you getting any error specifically?

09-23-14 04:28 PM
    I got a refused error before sideloadit.it was back up. Now says installing, please wait. Don't think I'm connecting.
    09-23-14 04:33 PM
    I got a refused error before sideloadit.it was back up. Now says installing, please wait. Don't think I'm connecting.
    Just tried it and it's working fine here. Do make sure that Dev Mode is enabled, VPN IP is correct, and the Dev pass is correct, too.

09-23-14 04:57 PM
    Awesome. Working fine now. Can't wait til server app library is built up again. Even noticed success message this time.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 06:09 PM
    The problem with ".apk.zip" on 10.3 has gone - from now on it is only .apk
    dustmalik likes this.
    09-24-14 03:44 PM
    The problem with ".apk.zip" on 10.3 has gone - from now on it is only .apk
    Hmm . . . it is still downloading as zip file on my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 06:24 PM
    I am having trouble with this.

I am connected to the vpn,

server address is
    Sideload.it | Install any BAR files OTA with no computer needed!

IP is

Password is my password

and for the url, can it be any url that connects to a bar file?

Mine just gets stuck on installing the app. please wait a little...
    09-24-14 06:37 PM
    I am having trouble with this.

I am connected to the vpn,

server address is
    Sideload.it | Install any BAR files OTA with no computer needed!

IP is

Password is my password

and for the url, can it be any url that connects to a bar file?

Mine just gets stuck on installing the app. please wait a little...
    The server address is: sideload.it

The bar url must be the direct download url to the bar file, for instance, http://redlightoflove.com/ota/Snap-latest.bar . In other words, it must end with .bar .

Also, do remember to enable Development mode.

09-24-14 07:25 PM
    The server address is: sideload.it

The bar url must be the direct download url to the bar file, for instance, http://redlightoflove.com/ota/Snap-latest.bar . In other words, it must end with .bar .

Also, do remember to enable Development mode.

yeah, I did all that, still cant get past "installing the app. please wait a little..."
    09-24-14 07:50 PM
    yeah, I did all that, still cant get past "installing the app. please wait a little..."
    Please note that the progress of installation is not displayed on screen.

Sideload.it - sideload any BAR files for FREE (no computer needed!!!)-img_20140923_085200.png
    Last edited by yhamaie; 09-24-14 at 08:15 PM.
    09-24-14 07:55 PM
    Tjanks

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 08:28 PM
    Please note that the progress of installation is not displayed on screen.
    I know that, but, is it suppose to take over 5 minutes to install?

Edit: Okay, I got it to work with the link you supplied, maybe something was wrong with the .bar url that I was using, maybe the .bar file was corrupt or something. Does anyone know the best place to get .bar files from, or the best place to get .apk files from, where to convert them and where to host them?

Edit 2: oh, so snap is some sort of google play store, cool cool.
    Last edited by GreenLeaf182; 09-24-14 at 09:46 PM.
    09-24-14 09:25 PM
    Hmm . . . it is still downloading as zip file on my Z30.
    Please tell me the version of your OS.
    My friends tested this today in the morning (GMT +2) on Z30 10.3.0.1154 (leak) and Q10 10.3.0.1154 (official software for Porsche Design P9983) - both downloaded it as .apk, as it should be.
    I had an issue with my OS 10.3.0.1052 simulator. While I had the old page in the browser cache, for some reason it downloaded an .apk.zip file. As soon as I cleaned the cache and reloaded the web page again, I was able to download the file as .apk
    Hope this helps you.
    Last edited by Rebelllious; 09-25-14 at 04:05 AM.
    09-25-14 01:42 AM
    Once again in bold: do not abuse the VPN server! Especially this notice is for people from India - today someone is constantly staying connected for hours. If we see this happen in the next several days again, we just make you connect to sideload.it server only, with no Internet access. And this would be fair.
    tryfe likes this.
    09-25-14 04:30 AM
    Once again in bold: do not abuse the VPN server! Especially this notice is for people from India - today someone is constantly staying connected for hours. If we see this happen in the next several days again, we just make you connect to sideload.it server only, with no Internet access. And this would be fair.
    This is why we can't have good things

Posted via CB10
    eldricho likes this.
    09-25-14 06:55 AM
    A little notice concerning MEGA:
    I see people trying to download bar files from there. Guys, you either need to enter the direct download link ending with .bar or stop trying to do that at all. Choose the option fitting you best.

Client app matters: I hope to rewrite the app's interface in order to completely fit the Q devices screens. Further, bar file upload from the device will also be realized, hopefully within the same period of time.
    Keep tuned in. And thanks for your support.
    09-25-14 07:01 AM
    Please tell me the version of your OS.
    My STA100-3 is loaded with:

Sideload.it - sideload any BAR files for FREE (no computer needed!!!)-img_20140925_215050.png

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 07:52 AM
    earlier you mentioned we are the third listed result in google. it may be possible that the information that we posted here may be mirrored on another forum. if this is the case the person/people abusing the vpn may not have read our requests that they stop.

i think the only solution would be to limit the amount of time each user is allowed to be connected in one session. maybe 15 minutes. anyone else have another solution to make sure the vpn is not abused?
    09-26-14 12:53 AM
    okay Im just thinking out loud, hoping someone can correct me.

so people abusing the VPN are using it for netflix and hulu and stuff like that most likely. so this is how I imagine them using it...

PEOPLE <> VPN <> Netflix

Now we need people to be able to get the VPN to get access to their BARS hosted on the web somewhere so we cannot just block outside access (unless we find a way to install bar ota from device).

PEOPLE <> VPN <> BARS

Now the bars come to server

PEOPLE <> VPN (Bars) <> Outer Web

So maybe we can make the VPN only accept outside connection to the Web if the files they are requesting are ending in BAR. Not sure, I know nothing about networks. Hoping someone who does can read this and correct me where I am wrong and give us some info on how to block users from abusing the VPN.
    09-28-14 02:07 AM
    OK, falks, version 1.0.0.4 of the Sideload.it! client app is available for download.
    Key features added:
    • Info you enter for server address, device IP and development mode password is now saved, so you don't need to reenter it on application restart.
    • The IP address of the VPN connection is now detected automatically and is inserted into the corresponding field. Hope you like it
    • Automatic detection of whether VPN is connected and reminder to connect in case it is not.
    • Now with Q devices support. Tested on my simulator, should be working for anyone.

Enjoy it!

P.S. Planning on limiting VPN connectivity to sideload.it only (because of the guys staying connected for several hours)...

P.P.S. Next feature to be implemented in bar file upload from device to server. Sorry, I was planning to make it available in the today's release, but had lots of work to do and no time to look into it.
    09-28-14 03:47 PM
    Download won't install. Download is done instantly. Should take a minute or so. Reinstalled 1.0.0.2

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 06:33 PM
634 ... 45678 ...