Hello everyone. New Blackberry Classic user here. I remember reading somewhere that you can fire up a web browser, access your BB10 list of apps and uninstall everything you do not need. This method is also a way to upload APKs and install.

I've searched the forums and I just cannot locate that one thread. Google search didn't reveal much.

Does anyone remember this method? My goal is to just do a clean up/removal of everything I do not want running.
    09-21-18 09:15 AM
    Hello everyone. New Blackberry Classic user here. I remember reading somewhere that you can fire up a web browser, access your BB10 list of apps and uninstall everything you do not need. This method is also a way to upload APKs and install.

I've searched the forums and I just cannot locate that one thread. Google search didn't reveal much.

Does anyone remember this method? My goal is to just do a clean up/removal of everything I do not want running.
    It's a playbook extension for chrome jsute search on store chrome. But you can't uninstall somes apps like amazon blend or others. You phone must be in developper mode for use this extension

Love Peace and Share
    09-21-18 09:41 AM
    Thank you. One last follow up. I did the Playbook extension for Chrome. Was uninstalling a few items and (kicking myself), accidently deleted a file that upon reboot, my phone physical keyboard and virtual keyboad does not work anymore. Unfortunately, my phone has a passcode which I cannot access the phone due to the keyboard not inputting anything anymore.

I tried to load up Blackberry Link to connect to my phone to restore to factory however it is not working. Did I just brick my phone permanently? I'm very disappointed in myself that I was aggressive in removing files from the list.

Any suggestions from Crackberry users would be appreciated to restore keyboard function or factory reset the Classic without having the ability to type a password to gain access to my phone.
    09-21-18 03:19 PM
    The Classic supports usb OTG, so if you had a dongle for that you could use a wireless keyboard. Other than that you may have to use an autoloader, which will totally wipe your device. If you had a usb OTG connection you could then use Sachesi to install a Blitz file which would just add the missing files and you are back in business.
    09-21-18 04:34 PM
    Thank you. One last follow up. I did the Playbook extension for Chrome. Was uninstalling a few items and (kicking myself), accidently deleted a file that upon reboot, my phone physical keyboard and virtual keyboad does not work anymore. Unfortunately, my phone has a passcode which I cannot access the phone due to the keyboard not inputting anything anymore.

I tried to load up Blackberry Link to connect to my phone to restore to factory however it is not working. Did I just brick my phone permanently? I'm very disappointed in myself that I was aggressive in removing files from the list.

Any suggestions from Crackberry users would be appreciated to restore keyboard function or factory reset the Classic without having the ability to type a password to gain access to my phone.
    For link I usually get a copy of the drivers installation files from the phone with usb connection and install just the driver. Then I use the updated copy of their desktop software Ive kept in the cloud to install link, which I think is worth figuring out exactly how to get 100% every time.

Posted via Z10
    09-22-18 02:31 AM
    Lighthammer, that is unfortunate regarding the deletion of the file.

The advice of using Sachesi to update your phone is probably the wisest although I would be interested to see if you can use a USB keyboard in your situation, as also suggested.

With Sachesi, you can take it is an opportunity to upgrade to the latest OS also, if you aren't there already. Sachesi will update your phone and you won't loose any files, settings, etc.

Install 10.3.3.3216 OS blitz files and cross your fingers. If not, then the autoloader will fix it but is destructive and you will loose your files, etc.

Instructions within this post on how to do a non-destructive Blitz: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1153595

Posted via CB10
    09-22-18 03:01 AM
    The Classic supports usb OTG, so if you had a dongle for that you could use a wireless keyboard. Other than that you may have to use an autoloader, which will totally wipe your device. If you had a usb OTG connection you could then use Sachesi to install a Blitz file which would just add the missing files and you are back in business.
    +1 on using a USB OTG dongle and a keyboard. However, as a point of clarification it need not be wireless; a wired USB keyboard should work fine as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-18 09:28 PM