Hell, I don't even think security wipe is necessary after autoloader, no?
    Hi Masterscarhead1, I don't understand what you mean, we only do 1 security wipe (prior) to install using autoloader and not after that.
    02-25-14 11:40 AM
    Hi Masterscarhead1, I don't understand what you mean, we only do 1 security wipe (prior) to install using autoloader and not after that.
    He's saying that the Security wipe after install that is recommended by some (not the bootloader wipe done by cfp) is likely in 99% of cases not needed.

I do agree with xsacha though that "cfp nuke -a" is the only command that's needed and any extra wipes after that are redundant. Even the -a is optional and not needed because of the way the OS is flashed to memory and it's security checks. If the OS isn't flashed perfectly it'll fail security checks and your phone won't boot anyway. We had a discussion on this not too long ago.

On the other hand there is occasionally a need to do a wipe/nuke and having a tool like this is more user-friendly that trying to use the command line.
    zocster, jpvj and Oddette_star like this.
    02-25-14 12:37 PM
    He's saying that the Security wipe after install that is recommended by some (not the bootloader wipe done by cfp) is likely in 99% of cases not needed.

I do agree with xsacha though that "cfp nuke -a" is the only command that's needed and any extra wipes after that are redundant. Even the -a is optional and not needed because of the way the OS is flashed to memory and it's security checks. If the OS isn't flashed perfectly it'll fail security checks and your phone won't boot anyway. We had a discussion on this not too long ago.

On the other hand there is occasionally a need to do a wipe/nuke and having a tool like this is more user-friendly that trying to use the command line.
    Hi Darcy, thanks for your comment, that's exactly what we are trying to do to help everybody needed to use a user friendly tool to clean up their device before using autoloader to install OS.

We just shared what we have after trying several ways to do it and the rest it's free to everybody to choose how they want to install their OS.

One thing for sure, we just want to see others having good result after they installed their OS based on trial that we've made through numbers of our friends who were agree to use this method not the other way around.
    sergeivich, zocster and djpip27 like this.
    02-25-14 12:47 PM
    I think that's not correct, if it does, once you do security wipe after your OS installed, your device won't be able to restart again
    When I do a Security Wipe, all my learned words and settings are gone.
    Obviously, core OS files aren't gone.

I'd be wary of using a third party app to do what my Q10 already does.
    02-25-14 02:07 PM
    When I do a Security Wipe, all my learned words and settings are gone.
    Obviously, core OS files aren't gone.

I'd be wary of using a third party app to do what my Q10 already does.
    Hi CJ, related to installing OS actually other than OTA update we are using third party apps.

When we are using autoloader both from the ones that we directly download from the links provided by our friends here in CB or when we created our own when we want to make combo of OS with different radio files, or using Sachesi or Darcy to load our OS, that is considered using 3rd party app.

We might have differences but also freedom to choose how do we want to install our OS to our device, but I believe we have the same objective that is to have as much as possible a bugs free of the device that we are using (considering we can't take out/fix the bugs that came from the OS' itself).
    02-25-14 02:35 PM
    Thank you for sharing your tool with us mastah clie610, put it this way folks, this tool makes it quicker for you to load an OS than the conventional security wipe! You are ensured of a clean slate this way also.
    deezy87 and jdesignz like this.
    02-25-14 02:56 PM
    Thank you for sharing your tool with us mastah clie610, put it this way folks, this tool makes it quicker for you to load an OS than the conventional security wipe! You are ensured of a clean slate this way also.
    Thanks Zocster, just want to add here related to the security wipe, it can be quicker if you have uninstalled all 3rd party apps in the phone before doing it compared if you don't. Time might be varied when secwipe-ing your device.
    zocster likes this.
    02-25-14 05:33 PM
    I need to take a look at this. Thanks. I remember "back in the day" there was a nuke and wipe batch file we ran internally when loading beta os. This reminds me of that, exactly. Oh, how I miss having access to Indy (sorry, I digress)

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 07:38 PM
    Hi Darcy, thanks for your comment, that's exactly what we are trying to do to help everybody needed to use a user friendly tool to clean up their device before using autoloader to install OS.

We just shared what we have after trying several ways to do it and the rest it's free to everybody to choose how they want to install their OS.

One thing for sure, we just want to see others having good result after they installed their OS based on trial that we've made through numbers of our friends who were agree to use this method not the other way around.
    This method hasn't been sanctioned by BlackBerry AFAIK, therefore I'll use the method they've recommended.
    02-25-14 07:41 PM
    This method hasn't been sanctioned by BlackBerry AFAIK, therefore I'll use the method they've recommended.
    as stated several times, the choice is yours and also everybody to choose which method to install their OS

Would be amazed if you are (up to now) only using OTA update through your phone or bblink and do security wipe from the device because that's the only method sanctioned by Blackberry to update and clean your device.

I suppose we are not in this BB10 Leaked/Beta OS if we want to discuss the subject you mentioned (e.g. install OS using method sanctioned by Blackberry)
    02-25-14 08:05 PM
    as stated several times, the choice is yours and also everybody to choose which method to install their OS

Would be amazed if you are (up to now) only using OTA update through your phone or bblink and do security wipe from the device because that's the only method sanctioned by Blackberry to update and clean your device.

I suppose we are not in this BB10 Leaked/Beta OS if we want to discuss the subject you mentioned (e.g. install OS using method sanctioned by Blackberry)
    So, what happens when somebody uses your method and totally bricks their BlackBerry? Will you pay for repair/replacement?

Am asking out of pure curiosity.
    02-25-14 08:21 PM
    So, what happens when somebody uses your method and totally bricks their BlackBerry? Will you pay for repair/replacement?

You do realize that CFP, the program that does the actual work here, is a BlackBerry program to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    Sator, clie610, Pdinos3 and 8 others like this.
    02-25-14 08:26 PM

I like the curiosity that we all have in trying things that are (actually) not approved by Blackberry in loading leaked/combo OS and methods used for that. However, it will be better to have the curiosity used in find out what tools are being used and the content inside if not yet dare to try it.

Importantly, DWYOR is the magic word applied especially to this forum, the only reason we brave enough to share this tool was because it has been tested and proven give our beta testers satisfaction of the result.

I hope this fulfill your curiosity.
    02-25-14 08:31 PM
    You do realize that CFP, the program that does the actual work here, is a BlackBerry program to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    These folks packaged it nicely and making it user friendly ... I don't see harm in that lol
    blackguy07 likes this.
    02-25-14 08:35 PM
    These folks packaged it nicely and making it user friendly ... I don't see harm in that lol
    Well... let's see who bricks their BlackBerry first
    02-25-14 08:38 PM
    Touch wood, I haven't yet used this a few times, without having to do security wipe ...
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-25-14 08:41 PM
    Exactly, and even with CFP and it's variety of fun commands, there is nothing you can do to permanently brick your phone. The commands that could do that are not enabled unless you have an insecure phone.

Unless you have a hardware problem you can recover from basically anything with a full autoloader.

I may not use it, may not agree with the number of wipes it does (I usually do zero), it gives people a choice if they do want to, and it is perfectly safe.

Posted via CB10
    Sator, HarryDragon, jpvj and 2 others like this.
    02-25-14 08:43 PM
    I don't think your statement is ethical considering you haven't proved it and at the same time giving misleading info as if this tool is surely going to brick everybody's phone.
    Sator, Uzi, HarryDragon and 2 others like this.
    02-25-14 08:44 PM
    To be fair everyone who uses this will brick their phone. That's actually what happens when you wipe it.

Then you run an autoloader to load a new os and fix it.

Edit: Ok, I'll admit it's not a hard brick, but a soft brick meaning it is recoverable if you know what you're doing, but after you do the wipe and before the autoloader your phone is still unusable.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DarcyTallGuy; 02-25-14 at 09:12 PM.
    Sator, Omnitech and jakie55 like this.
    02-25-14 08:47 PM
    Not to mention, why are you even following this thread if you only do BlackBerry sanctioned OS loads?

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    02-25-14 08:48 PM
    Settle down, I don't have broom handy to wipe all the silly little comments lol
    02-25-14 08:51 PM
    Not to mention, why are you even following this thread if you only do BlackBerry sanctioned OS loads?

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    Who said I only did BlackBerry sanctioned loads?

I said this method of wiping isn't sanctioned by BlackBerry and that I would stick to the method BlackBerry recommend.

As for following this thread, anyone on CrackBerry is free to follow any thread the want.
    02-25-14 08:58 PM
    To be fair everyone who uses this will brick their phone. That's actually what happens when you wipe it.

Then you run an autoloader to load a new os and fix it.

Posted via CB10
    In the common usage of the term, "bricking" suggests that the damage is so serious as to have rendered the device permanently unusable.
    02-25-14 09:00 PM
    In the common usage of the term, "bricking" suggests that the damage is so serious as to have rendered the device permanently unusable.
    Before you go too far only by assumption basis, at least you can try to read the readme information that came with this tool.
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    02-25-14 09:07 PM
    The danger of this is that you will wear out your device memory
    Usually a memory chip/SD/hard drive has a limited number of formats before it starts having faulty sectors
    This will increase the rate of reaching this point
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    02-25-14 09:11 PM
665 1234 ...