Hello,

I like making pictures with my z10.
    Quality is not bad at all, I think it's the best I ever had.. and my last phones were iphone 4s and xperia T.

I had a few canons and Sony dslr camera's (from 300d till 600d, 10d, 20d, 30d) and Sony a100,200.

But something I miss on my phone (and all the other phones)
    Is setting ISO and shutter speed.

I know this is something software because the new Sony that does not use mirror technology so based on that it would be possible, right?

Is there an app, or are there plans in bb10.2+ for an 'advanced' camera setting to control hidden things?

I would like to:

- change iso between 100 and 3200

- shutter speed from 1/2000 to 30 seconds

- aperture from 2.4 (thats the lens I think?) to 4.0 (this should be possible software because you can also change it on your dslr with a standaard aperture lens like 2.8 @ 4.0)

- self timer (countdown in 2,5,10,30 seconds)

- panorama (just because it's cool if you have it on the stock camera without having to load an app)

Maybe I'm asking a lot from BlackBerry and my Z10, but wouldn't this be awesome to have?

As somebody that makes pictures all the time and don't want to walk around with a big cam and phones that gets better all the time the options above are almost required.

And BlackBerry showing off what they can do with story maker and time shift, advanced options would be even better

Anyone else that thinks the same way?

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    06-22-13 05:30 AM
    I personally think those extended capabilities should be added by an app. In other words, those are premium options that most users are not concerned with. As such, those who want them should be willing to pay for them. I know we tend to forget these, like all smart phones, are general purpose devices, not a camera. Just my opinion.
    Richard Buckley likes this.
    06-22-13 05:39 AM
    I agree with you OP... give the option!
    If the user doesn't need it or doesn't understand it, they can always reverse to an "automatic" mode.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 07:16 AM
    Yes. I hope some of these features are added to 10.2. I expect a few of them to be added.
    06-22-13 07:24 AM
    Yes, more advanced controls would be nice. However, don't forget that these phones have physical limitations, just like point and shoot cams. Their lens can't be opened past F5.6. That translates to an ISO of 800 or 1600 or even worse. What I'm saying is this: Is it beneficial to me at all if I can only manually change aperture/F-stop, and ISO to the one combination when I'm limited by the lighting of my environment? That said, I do use my S4's camera in my wedding photography sometimes, to go with my Canon Mark IV and Nikon D3s.
    06-22-13 07:56 AM
    Yes, more advanced controls would be nice. However, don't forget that these phones have physical limitations, just like point and shoot cams. Their lens can't be opened past F5.6. That translates to an ISO of 800 or 1600 or even worse. What I'm saying is this: Is it beneficial to me at all if I can only manually change aperture/F-stop, and ISO to the one combination when I'm limited by the lighting of my environment? That said, I do use my S4's camera in my wedding photography sometimes, to go with my Canon Mark IV and Nikon D3s.
    I get that, but BlackBerry knows the best till what they can do and build in the limitations.

I don't need heigher than f4.x but just the options are good to have

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    06-22-13 08:00 AM
    Uh, aperture and shutter speed are physically limited. Remember, it's a camera phone. But I wouldn't mind if I could find a third party app for some advanced controls in BlackBerry World. Custom WB etc...
    06-22-13 10:18 AM
    Uh, aperture and shutter speed are physically limited. Remember, it's a camera phone. But I wouldn't mind if I could find a third party app for some advanced controls in BlackBerry World. Custom WB etc...
    Yes, you're correct, exactly what I wrote earlier. Aperture and shutter speed go hand and hand. You increase one, you have to decrease other. You can't just set the Fstop and not adjust shutter speed. These phones are limited, not good for much besides quick snaps. And yes, it'd be nice to be able to custom white balance or flash power.
    06-22-13 10:43 AM
    You guys want a DSLR on your phone now too?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 10:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Not really. However, it's not far-fetched to expect what the cheap point-and-shoots already have.
    06-22-13 10:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lumia 920 have the ISO feature I believe

Posted using The Z10
    06-22-13 04:29 PM
    Guys, someone just have a look at ProShot for Windows Phone.

We are missing on a lot of camera capabilities.
    10-29-14 02:08 PM
    Guys, someone just have a look at ProShot for Windows Phone.

We are missing on a lot of camera capabilities.
    Take a look at Camera++ in BBW.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59348437

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.938
    10-29-14 02:14 PM
    Take a look at Camera++ in BBW.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59348437

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.938
    Wasted! ;-)
    10-29-14 08:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why not?

No I don't think we need to matching the abilities of a DSLR camera.... but for most people their phone is their CAMERA. They some may not know know what a DSLR is, and if they did, they still wouldn't want to carry one around with them.... even on vacation. What most of us want is a phone that can take good pictures in most conditions. If an iPhone or Nokia phone can take good pictures inside.... why can't my Z10?

Why can't we have more MP?
    Why can't we have a larger sensor?
    Why can't we have laser auto focus?
    Why can't we have live Exposure control?

There is still a lot of improvements that could be made on a BlackBerry camera and the software, that would be far from DSLR, but at least catching up to where other smartphone makers are. But then these are just devices for enterprise now....
    Siddharth Ajmera likes this.
    10-30-14 08:45 AM
    Nothing wrong with the camera especially if you are running the leaked os. If you learn to use the focus you can usually get very good shots, and you can also edit them to your liking from within the app which usually results in even better photos. Most people are impressed of the capabilities of the camera on my Z30 STA100-5/10.3.1.938

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 09:16 AM
    Well guys, for all those who want a Better BlackBerry 10 Camera, I've just added an idea to https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com

Please upvote and support the idea so that something could be done about it.

Here's the link :

http://is.gd/BB10Cam

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 09:28 AM
    They are already making it better and there are third party apps which can do most of all the advanced functions an advanced user would want.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 09:38 AM
    Just got Camera++ and Effetica Pro. Let's see how they work. ProShot has a better UI with everything accessible right on screen without having to open the context menu again and again.

And I just saw this.
    Shutter speed / ISO settings and more?-bzji-byiyaafrm2.png

So yes, it's going to be better. Fingers Crossed.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 04:01 PM