I for sure am not savvy with this newly acquired Q10. I know I can access the camera from this screen but shouldn't it be similar for the message icon with notification apparent?

If not what is the quickest way to get to an unread email (or text)?
    Attached Thumbnails shouldnt one be able to access message icon from this screen?-img_00000038.png  
    11-04-13 06:09 PM
    Firstly it would depend in your phone was locked or not. Assuming it is not.
    1.Swipe up from bottom bezel.
    2. If you weren't in the Hub when you last left the phone, swipe into the hub.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    11-04-13 06:11 PM
    From the hub, hit the 3 dots (more), choose settings, choose display and actions. It's at the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 06:39 PM
    That's assuming your using 10.2

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 06:41 PM
    From the hub, hit the 3 dots (more), choose settings, choose display and actions. It's at the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    That still only gives a preview (I believe)...

11-04-13 06:46 PM
    You are right, I misunderstood the question.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 06:47 PM
    Swipe up and then swipe into the Hub/tap the Hub/texts icon, whichever is closer.

Reading the entirety of the message from the lock screen would defeat the purpose of a lock screen.
    11-04-13 07:19 PM
    If your phone is locked, there would be no security in a feature that worked for messages like the option where you hold the camera icon to open the camera, anyone could pick up the device, hold the message and go into the hub and read the message

With the camera it isn't as big a security concern because the person would only able to take a picture with your phone, once they try to view the picture the message comes up saying the device is locked

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 07:23 PM
    That's not a 'lock screen' he has shown. That screen doesn't prevent someone entering your phone. Just prevents pocket dialing type of things. You say if someone gets your phone and can press and hold on a message what kind of security is that...yet they can just swipe up and get in your phone! I think it would be a great feature to press and hold on a message from this screen just like the camera.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 06:25 AM
    That's not a 'lock screen' he has shown.
    Thank you for saying this as I am new with this phone and I was doubting myself or thinking something was wrong. You are correct i.e. it is not a 'lock screen'.

I think it would be a great feature to press and hold on a message from this screen just like the camera.
    Exactly! Given that the camera opens easily with a prolonged depress of the icon I was sure this was the case for the message icon. It looks like this should be the case.
    11-05-13 06:38 AM
    Thank you for saying this as I am new with this phone and I was doubting myself or thinking something was wrong. You are correct i.e. it is not a 'lock screen'.

Exactly! Given that the camera opens easily with a prolonged depress of the icon I was sure this was the case for the message icon. It looks like this should be the case.
    For those that password protect their phone... this screen is indeed locked.

Thus the inability to get to messages from it.

The camera is accessible while the phone is locked, only allowing users to take pictures.. not view them or anything else.

That is why you cannot get directly into the messages from this screen.

In 10.2 you can turn on previews on this screen however.

11-05-13 10:15 PM