Device monitor have very useful information. But I would love to have a Tab that sorts app by Data consumed (need options to toggle between wifi and cellular). Wouldn't that be cool?

I can find fishy applications that way and throw them away.
    allwi likes this.
    02-17-14 06:10 AM
    It would be nice but there are apps such as Fire Chest Usage for that. Right now I don't think we can expect every little functionality to be baked in the OS; there are bigger things to take care of.
    02-17-14 06:25 AM
    It would be nice but there are apps such as Fire Chest Usage for that. Right now I don't think we can expect every little functionality to be baked in the OS; there are bigger things to take care of.
    I've tried Fire Chest a few times, it's always negatively impacted my battery. I haven't noticed that it shows per-app usage, but that may be due to my closing it after a matter of hours after battery life plummets.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 06:40 AM
    Device monitor have very useful information. But I would love to have a Tab that sorts app by Data consumed (need options to toggle between wifi and cellular). Wouldn't that be cool?

I can find fishy applications that way and throw them away.
    It takes a bit of time, but you can view how much data each app is using in Device Monitor by tapping on whichever app you're curious about.
    Shouldn't Device monitor have a Tab for Data monitor?-img_20140217_064216.png

Posted via CB10
    KemKev likes this.
    02-17-14 06:42 AM
    I've tried Fire Chest a few times, it's always negatively impacted my battery. I haven't noticed that it shows per-app usage, but that may be due to my closing it after a matter of hours after battery life plummets.
    Actually, you are right about it not showing per-app usage; my bad. I was just thinking of wifi and cellular data usage. Apologies to the OP.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-17-14 06:45 AM
    Location log would be a great addition as well
    02-17-14 08:17 AM
    It takes a bit of time, but you can view how much data each app is using in Device Monitor by tapping on whichever app you're curious about.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140217_064216.png 
Views:	374 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	248680

Posted via CB10
    I'm aware of this, that's exactly the reason I thing this could be made available in a new tab. Data is already there, I'm just asking for a better visualisation :-)
    nikgilbe likes this.
    02-17-14 10:15 AM
    I'm aware of this, that's exactly the reason I thing this could be made available in a new tab. Data is already there, I'm just asking for a better visualisation :-)
    I completely agree, I'm not keen on hunting for rogue apps accessing the network. I'd like that info readily accessible so I can deal with it quickly.

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma likes this.
    02-17-14 04:03 PM
    Does threads like this have merits? I mean does BB takes input from these forums?

I completely agree, I'm not keen on hunting for rogue apps accessing the network. I'd like that info readily accessible so I can deal with it quickly.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 08:58 PM
    Does threads like this have merits? I mean does BB takes input from these forums?
    They say they do.. a lot of the features/ bug reports originate from here. I'm sure they have ears around these forums...
    This specific request has been put in a hundred features request threads before, so I'm quite positivity that it's gonna come in the next major update.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.1925
    anand_ma likes this.
    02-18-14 12:29 AM