PPI on my Z10 is great and PPI is important to me in a phone, as well as quality of a screen's colors. Battery life isn't a huge necessity for me. Should I Stick with my Z10 or buy a Z30 or Leap?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 08:37 PM
    A friend of mine had a Z10, works in a technical environment and is a nerd. Previously he was with a Nokia & iPod and prefers all-touch. He went to Z30 and says it has been the best decision of his life as loves it more and more every day.
    03-08-15 09:19 PM
    I'd say wait until the specs are officially released by BB. Don't rely on rumors or speculations by people.

If this new device (Leap) is exactly like a Z10 but with upgraded graphics GPU and bigger battery, I'd definitely say it'll be worth it. But as I mentioned, I'd strangely recommend you hold off for now until BB release official specs.

Good luck.
    03-08-15 09:34 PM
    When PPI is important for you: rather stick with the Z10 since Amoled screens aren't as crisp and I never managed to stay in font size 5 as I used to in my Z10.

As for the leap: wait for the official specs to make a decision.

Otherwise: Get a Passport! It was the best decision I ever made

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:40 PM
    PPI on my Z10 is great and PPI is important to me in a phone, as well as quality of a screen's colors. Battery life isn't a huge necessity for me. Should I Stick with my Z10 or buy a Z30 or Leap?
    If you're looking for a full-touch BlackBerry device I would highly recommend the Z30. Even if battery life isn't a huge necessity for you, the battery life difference between Z10 and Z30 is monumental. It also has a better processor so you won't experience as much lag as you (probably) do with the Z10. I used to have a Z10 and loved it, but I've moved on to a Z30 and can't see myself ever using a Z10 again. Although the pixel density (PPI) of the Z30 is slightly lower than the Z10 on paper, I can't tell the difference and I don't have any issues with the Z30's AMOLED screen not having bright enough colours or anything like that either. I wouldn't hold out for the Leap, it sounds like it has very similar specs to the Z30 and who knows when it's actually coming out (or whether it will actually be available to consumers - see Vodafone UK confirm they will carry the BlackBerry Leap, but for business users only | CrackBerry.com ).
    Anyways, hope this helps! But these are just my opinions - maybe you have different ones!
    03-09-15 02:09 PM
    Go backwards and get a Leap
    03-09-15 02:16 PM
    I tend to be a saver, I say stick with the Z10, unless you're really dying to upgrade. If your phone is becoming buggy buy a new Z10, or the Z30. I wouldn't wait around for the Leap. It will likely get the same Passport/Classic treatment, being released everywhere except the US and Canada. Unless you simply want an unlocked version, then you don't really need to wait around as long.
    03-09-15 02:34 PM
    If you're looking for a full-touch BlackBerry device I would highly recommend the Z30. Even if battery life isn't a huge necessity for you, the battery life difference between Z10 and Z30 is monumental. It also has a better processor so you won't experience as much lag as you (probably) do with the Z10. I used to have a Z10 and loved it, but I've moved on to a Z30 and can't see myself ever using a Z10 again. Although the pixel density (PPI) of the Z30 is slightly lower than the Z10 on paper, I can't tell the difference and I don't have any issues with the Z30's AMOLED screen not having bright enough colours or anything like that either. I wouldn't hold out for the Leap, it sounds like it has very similar specs to the Z30 and who knows when it's actually coming out (or whether it will actually be available to consumers - see Vodafone UK confirm they will carry the BlackBerry Leap, but for business users only | CrackBerry.com ).
    Anyways, hope this helps! But these are just my opinions - maybe you have different ones!
    Totally agree with you on every point you listed.. was with Z10 and switched to Z30 and it was the best decision ever.

Posted via CB10
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    03-09-15 03:01 PM
    When PPI is important for you: rather stick with the Z10 since Amoled screens aren't as crisp and I never managed to stay in font size 5 as I used to in my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Font size 5?????

Holy crap man do you have great eyesight or what

Posted from my Zed30 running 10.3.1.2267
    03-09-15 03:33 PM
    Don't fixate too much on ppi. The Z10 is 763p or some weird resolution while the Z30 is the standard 720p which next gaming consoles have trouble reaching beyond that lol. Iphone6 is 720p and only higher ppi because the screen is shorter at 4.7inch

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 03:45 PM
    Get the Z30 while you can. Still better than a Leap and the lower PPI isn't really noticeable with the S type pixels. It was built as a high end efficient work horse. When you hold it you will think "Wow, They don't make phones like this anymore."

And when it comes to BlackBerry, that very well might be true.

 Q10 
    Graheem likes this.
    03-09-15 03:49 PM
    Like several posters on this thread, I also went from a Z10 to a Z30. It's definitely the best all touch BB is currently offering....fast, great battery, and great speakers. The Leap specs seem close to the Z30 (just not as good) so why wait?
    03-09-15 04:01 PM
    Z30 as long as you can still find them
    03-09-15 04:04 PM
    I have a work Z10 on AT&T. It was good. Decided to upgrade to a personal Z30, and it was great; except no LTE, 4G only. Couldn't tell the difference in color or pixels, loved the faster processor. Gave the Z30 to my brother when his GS3 died on T-Mobile and it's the best thing yet for him with LTE. Got myself a Passport on T-Mobile and now just waiting for work to upgrade the Z10 to either the Passport or hopefully the slider (contract is still a while yet to be done).

I say upgrade to Z30 if you'll get LTE with your carrier. Aging eyes love bigger screens, but so do my kids' little hands.
    03-09-15 04:35 PM
    Z30..... simple

Sent from my Z30 Beast
    03-09-15 05:14 PM
    I am short-sighted but hold it close enough... when I'm walking I sometimes bump it up to 6 on my Passport... only when I'm quickly walking....

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 05:19 PM
    Totally agree with you on every point you listed.. was with Z10 and switched to Z30 and it was the best decision ever.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Absolutely love my Z30. Great phone!

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 05:37 PM
    after updating to official 10.3.1, I'll be sticking with the z10 for a good amount of time but if I needed a replacement or got a good deal on a black z30, I'd jump on it for the overclocked CPU, bigger battery, nifty back plate, USB OTG, Natural Sound, and Paratek Antenna. If the Leap shares the last three hardware features listed, then it would be a worthy upgrade; and of course a Passport blows these three devices out of the water
    03-09-15 06:16 PM
    after updating to official 10.3.1, I'll be sticking with the z10 for a good amount of time but if I needed a replacement or got a good deal on a black z30, I'd jump on it for the overclocked CPU, bigger battery, nifty back plate, USB OTG, Natural Sound, and Paratek Antenna. If the Leap shares the last three hardware features listed, then it would be a worthy upgrade; and of course a Passport blows these three devices out of the water
    It more than just a overclocked cpu. It's the top dual core Qualcomm I believe. Completely different SoC and the gpu is adreno 320 vs the 225.

Posted via CB10
    sibeans likes this.
    03-09-15 06:22 PM
    I use font 5 on my Z30. Great font size for the hub.

Should I Stick with Z10, Buy a Z30 or Buy a Leap?-img_20150309_183705.png

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 06:37 PM
    Font size 5?????

Holy crap man do you have great eyesight or what
    That's how I roll too...

Need. To. Fit. More. On. Screen.

03-09-15 06:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    You actually stay in font size 5?! Are you an eagle?
    BB_Junky likes this.
    03-09-15 06:46 PM
    If you want the Z30, I would hold out for an upgraded model. There are better AMOLED screens out there.

The Z30 gets you OTG USB and a Paratek antenna. I wouldn't mind a used z30 for use with a MVNO on rural areas. When Shop BlackBerry did that $225 special on the Z30, I considered getting one as a spare for my Z10.

The Z10 was first generation bb10. I consider the Z30 to be 1.5 generation. Better, but not a game changer.

I think to future proof your BlackBerry purchase, you may need 3gBytes, such as on the Passport.

Edit:

I looked up the screen resolutions.
    Samsung s5 1920x1080
    Samsung s6 2560x1440
    Z30. 1280x720

I really think the Z30 is due for a replacement.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by gariac; 03-09-15 at 09:23 PM.
    03-09-15 06:58 PM
    If monnie isn't an issue, get a bronze or blue Classic. They may not be the most powerful, but they look darn nice.

Also did I mention how awesome it's clicky keyboards are?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 08:48 PM
    I'm also on font 5. Makes everything look cleaner

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 01:33 AM