Have some corrupt files on my Z10 I can't delete, so I was going to do a security wipe to get rid of them and reload my data back on then, but not sure if I should remove the SIM card when I do the wipe. Any advice?

On legacy OS devices I always left the SIM in, but never did a security wipe on a BlackBerry 10 device before. I am referring to the SIM card not the SD card.

Posted via AT&T BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone
    02-02-14 01:09 PM
    You can leave in the SIM card. I always have for every security I've done on my Z30 and wife's Z10.

(But yes, DO remove the media card first.)
    02-02-14 01:57 PM
    It doesn't affect your SIM card at all, so if you leave it in or out, it won't make a difference.
    Also, wipe it through Link, it'll be much faster. It's the reload OS button.
    At the end, they have the same result.

Technical reason:
    Security wipe right a full pass of zeros over the whole drive so file recovery software can't recover files. Hence security wipe.
    The reload OS button just does and standard delete and rewrites the OS. That's why it's quicker.
    Don't think it makes any difference at all, why did you even think of that though?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks to everyone for the advice.

02-02-14 02:03 PM
    It doesn't affect your SIM card at all, so if you leave it in or out, it won't make a difference.
    Also, wipe it through Link, it'll be much faster. It's the reload OS button.
    At the end, they have the same result.

Technical reason:
    Security wipe right a full pass of zeros over the whole drive so file recovery software can't recover files. Hence security wipe.
    The reload OS button just does and standard delete and rewrites the OS. That's why it's quicker.
    Would you think it would be best then to do a complete backup and then not a security wipe but just reload the O/S. I am having some issues with my settings app being laggy in certain spots and want to find out the best way to correct and hopefully resolve these issues.

What would you try first?
    02-02-14 04:21 PM
    Reloaded and refreshed. Took about an hour and fifteen minutes total to reload and restore data. Quick, easy, and smooth.

02-03-14 01:37 AM
    I'm also having problems after updating to latest OS. My photos has duplicates inside device but can't find those duplicates. When viewing in Date tab in Pictures I can't delete the duplicate. So i did my backup for my App data, media and settings separately and did the security wipe. But when I restore my app data all sideloaded apps are missing. How can I restore those apps now? including the data especially my games data..

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 02:23 AM
    Quick question. When doing this, should I be using the restore to factory settings option, or just reload a previous file from my backup folder? It's so messed up with things I've sideloaded and new os, etc, probably restore and start again? Yes, I backed up on link and copied contacts to sim card first.
    02-27-15 02:45 PM
    Quick question. When doing this, should I be using the restore to factory settings option, or just reload a previous file from my backup folder? It's so messed up with things I've sideloaded and new os, etc, probably restore and start again? Yes, I backed up on link and copied contacts to sim card first.
    When we get significant upgrades like 10.3.1 I tend to do a full backup of the phone then a full wipe. I then do a new install of the updated OS and restore my backup with all but the apps. I reload the apps separately. I find this gives a smoother running phone, especially because I tend to install too many apps and then reinstall only the ones I really use.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 06:17 PM