Very interesting. In general terms- what was Kevin suggesting?
    I think there were several lists, but here was one from April 2012...

https://crackberry.com/here%E2%80%99...rry-10-succeed

More of an overall concept list, and some of it did come true. This one was staff compiled. Kevin's specific list was somewhere, but haven't found it yet. Still early in the morning for me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-17-19 06:53 AM
    I think there were several lists, but here was one from April 2012...

https://crackberry.com/here%E2%80%99...rry-10-succeed

More of an overall concept list, and some of it did come true. This one was staff compiled. Kevin's specific list was somewhere, but haven't found it yet. Still early in the morning for me.
    I looked for it once, and couldn't find it either...
    09-17-19 07:14 AM
    This is a totally different scenario. Outdated could be in two situations.
    1. That OS is not further getting updates and apps are stagnant now. Those devices who were and are running old build would continue to work flawlessly. No new functionalities would be added and same experience prevail. e.g As mentioned in above post BB 9900 etc I am still using Nokia N8 and occasionally use bold 9900 . They would do basic tasks including calls, texts, emails, browsing, etc Apps which are installed may continue to work the same way as they are for ages and thats a good thing.
    2. Other situation such as iOS and Androids. They are current OSs and apps are gaining features continously ... after two or three upgrade cycles there are newer features been introduced and they are good, i am not against them. But to keep up with this pace and better user experience they reuire more RAM, newer processors, to continue at the optimum level.
    So one needs to stay updated. Again its a matter of preferences but I am one of those who enjoy the old features by keeping old legacy devices as my second phones but tend to enjoy the newer features by upgrading not the latest but atleast 1.5/2 years old flagships devices.

So if you are not a person who could carry two devices, its ok to carry on with 1st situation and go for Outdated phones because there is nothing going on that you would miss and phone would stay fast and reliable as they were in glory days. But in second situation where you are android and iOS user, and you care about those social apps, and newest apps, you've to upgrade as your phone would keeps on becoming sluggish and you'll be be experiencing more lags as apps keep on updating.
    09-17-19 02:27 PM
    You are welcome to believe what you like. For a great many people that phrase held true with BB10 and holds true today for BB10 and BBOS devices.
    I respect your opinion, and I know you’re a big BB fan, but I think you overstate “a great many people” still hold that true today. If that was true, BlackBerry would still be making smartphones.

I was a huge BB fan and remember hearing this on these forums like a montra. Also, BB10 was dubbed the “iPhone killer”. The iPhone and Android were laughed at as unable to meet the needs of business people. It appears most businesses are surviving just fine without them because they have adapted to the new way of doing business which is not just email.

Things change, that we know. They will change again, and again. Those who can adapt will survive. Catch phrases do nothing.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    09-17-19 04:14 PM
    I would add that the lack of distractions (social media, video, games, etc.) is what still makes BB10 so appealing for many.

What BB10 still does (email, texts, calls, some apps, etc.), it does extremely well. And that's all some people want if they absolutely must have a phone on them at all times. I think some BB10 users consider anything beyond what a BB10 device is currently capable of doing to be superfluous. Nothing that can't wait until a tablet or laptop are handy.

For those who want to be intentional about their smartphone use - who would rather carry a good multi-tool instead of an entire toolbox - BB10 is still a viable option.
    Good point Newfangled--that's certainly part of the appeal as well, especially for folks moving to BB10 from other platforms these days. (Yes, there are some. )

Frankly, unless it's an Android game, I can pretty much do whatever I want to do on a BB10 device, so no need to wait, and I'd argue that's possible for all, but people have different wants and needs and the lack of easy access to social media and "distractions" is certainly a reason to keep using the platform for some.
    09-17-19 05:19 PM
    The same members, the same off-topic bickering, the same ignoring of warnings = the same result -- thread closed.

In case anyone is wondering... Yes this will continue to be the result if the same behaviour continues.
    09-17-19 05:37 PM
106 ... 345