Not sure, but I think this was a reply to me. I do and have been (since 2004) making heavy use of all Gmail features; my filter setups are nuts on a couple of accounts. There was a time, in the past, where mail sent from my phone came back to my Blackberry as a message, so I used the BIS portal to filter that out. This may have been fixed; I recall it was a "thing" at one time that was causing headaches for people. The messages I have had set to mark as read, and skip inbox (archive) mostly don't trigger an alert. But not always. Gmail has come a long ways since I first started relying on the BIS portal to do a lot of the workarounds for me, so I'm hoping for the best. Ahhh first world problems. ;-)

(off topic: Do you not like Volkswagen Rabbits? Elmer kills Wabbits. Bad luck with VW? ;-) )
    Yeah it was a reply to you and yes they fixed many bugs in the filtering said of things and in general.

As for the VW question no i do not like wabbits lol some bad memories...

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    02-12-13 11:45 AM
    It seems until official BlackBerry response this whole mess is going to be a neverending story...

But still, here's some curious article, saying BB10 devices WILL ACTUALLY SUPPORT BIS. In Nigeria! Anyone willing to move to Africa? )))))
    Based on what this article says, that provider will simply uncripple its BIS data plan to coincide with BlackBerry 10 launch. A magical unicorn version of BIS email for BlackBerry Z10 is NOT getting launched on Nigeria on February 24. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

02-12-13 03:04 PM
    Based on what this article says, that provider will simply uncripple its BIS data plan to coincide with BlackBerry 10 launch. A magical unicorn version of BIS email for BlackBerry Z10 is NOT getting launched on Nigeria on February 24. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I just want to understand one thing but still clueless despite the tons of explanations given here - if the BIS is still doable on BB10 device, WHAT KIND of BIS could it be? Just some empty shell with the name 'BIS' on it or a fully working service as we always knew it?..... Still wondering and feel uber stupid.... :/
    02-12-13 04:09 PM
    I just want to understand one thing but still clueless despite the tons of explanations given here - if the BIS is still doable on BB10 device, WHAT KIND of BIS could it be? Just some empty shell with the name 'BIS' on it or a fully working service as we always knew it?..... Still wondering and feel uber stupid.... :/
    Let me quote:
    Legacy BIS is dead (as far as QNX-based products including the PlayBook, BlackBerry 10 and Z10 / Q10, are concerned but still fully supported for devices running BlackBerry OS 7.x and below), long live modern BIS (BBM platform, BlackBerry World, BlackBerry ID based services).
    From this thread where the OP and others explain several reasons why discontinuation of BIS email is a good thing:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-dead-770387/

That should cover it.
    antikorr likes this.
    02-13-13 03:43 AM
    So... Does yahoo email support activesync or whatever so that I still get emails instantly to the phone through yahoo??????????????????
    02-13-13 06:19 AM
    So... Does yahoo email support activesync or whatever so that I still get emails instantly to the phone through yahoo??????????????????
    Already answered before. Here's a short version: no, Yahoo doesn't offer EAS nor any other non - proprietary push service.

02-13-13 06:58 AM
    b320, here arises the question HOW exactly will the modern BIS work? Without BBRY's integration into carrier's network it's simply impossible. Or am I not getting something? To me it's either BIS (and we pay extra for it) or no BIS at all. How can they still require BIS for BBM, BB World and BB ID?! Besides, as we all know now all these services work with ANY DATA PLAN.

And thanks a bunch for the link. It almost made me believe killing BIS is a good thing. )))))))

*UPDATE*

After reading through the comments of that thread, I'm now convinced killing BIS is not that bad at all. Lots of advantages are also there. So, my mind is at peace now.
    Last edited by antikorr; 02-13-13 at 08:32 AM.
    02-13-13 08:21 AM
    b320, here arises the question HOW exactly will the modern BIS work? Without BBRY's integration into carrier's network it's simply impossible. Or am I not getting something? To me it's either BIS (and we pay extra for it) or no BIS at all. How can they still require BIS for BBM, BB World and BB ID?! Besides, as we all know now all these services work with ANY DATA PLAN.

And thanks a bunch for the link. It almost made me believe killing BIS is a good thing. )))))))

*UPDATE*

After reading through the comments of that thread, I'm now convinced killing BIS is not that bad at all. Lots of advantages are also there. So, my mind is at peace now.
    Thanks so much for actually reading the posts I'm the thread, taking things in rationally and seeing both sides.

02-13-13 09:52 AM
    I think Blackberry just made the worst decision of their lives. No more BIS means that I'd rather use an iphone/android than use the z10.

Why? I travel a lot and it's the BIS that helps me save tons on international data roaming due to the compression tech of the BIS. Without BIS, I can just throw the BB away as it's going to cause my data roaming costs to shoot through the roof.

Here's an article more on it - No push e-mail, no thanks to new BlackBerry
    03-22-13 11:45 AM
    This news is OLD.
    03-22-13 12:20 PM
    This news is OLD.
    Yes so you agree that BB has shot themselves in their feet?

I need unlimited international data roaming via BIS. And push mail even without 3G. Now it seems that this is now no longer possible?

If that is the case, my next phone will surely not be a BB.
    03-22-13 01:00 PM
    I think Blackberry just made the worst decision of their lives. No more BIS means that I'd rather use an iphone/android than use the z10.

Why? I travel a lot and it's the BIS that helps me save tons on international data roaming due to the compression tech of the BIS. Without BIS, I can just throw the BB away as it's going to cause my data roaming costs to shoot through the roof.

Here's an article more on it - No push e-mail, no thanks to new BlackBerry
    From a numeric stand point, it doesn't make sense for RIM to care for the jet set people. RIM should take care of people who have a regular job in the same place for 50 weeks out of the whole year and simply not care what they would do in their 2 week oversea vacations.
    03-22-13 02:10 PM
112 ... 345