Just wondering what everyone thinks. Personally I based my buying decision off this site and no where did i read that BIS was gone. Yes there may have been some talk around the subject but it was never mentioned in the simplest context= BIS is gone!

This phone is just a toy to me now and I see no difference between Apple or Google phone. I'm extremely disappointed this feature is gone and also feel robbed because if i knew BIS was gone then i wouldn't have anxiously bought another Blackberry.

Thanks team Crackberry.

Anyone feel the same?
    02-08-13 04:49 PM
    02-08-13 04:57 PM
    Fact of the matter is most folks don't even fully understand what BIS is / was to even say what they'll miss now that portions of it are gone. So please.. share exactly what you're missing out on here, I've found in most cases the folks who respond with an answer are typically incorrect about how BIS helped them, lol.
    02-08-13 05:00 PM
    I understand the angst, but I truly believe that BIS adjustments was a reluctant decision on BBRY's part.

Everyone has been ragging on RIM to be more competitive. Being competitive means making tough choices, and while those decisions may not be appreciated by, I bet they make BBRY more agile, which is a good thing.

Just a thought...
    02-08-13 05:01 PM
    If I could get a launcher on my Droid that duplicated the BB home screen with gestures and stuff, I would sure as heck pay for it. I could care less of the demise of BIS. As for a forum being the voice of a select group of persons, why would they, or why should they. BB has done this in order to lessen their costs and enhance the end users media experience.
    Bla1ze, raremage, antonnin and 1 others like this.
    02-08-13 05:02 PM
    So before BB10 = BIS sucks
    After BB10 = BIS was the greatest thing BlackBerry had
    02-08-13 05:03 PM
    Its good coz its cheap!
    02-08-13 05:06 PM
    I see that with so many things since BB10 was released. There are so many things people wanted changed and they changed a lot of them and now a lot of people are complaining that they've changed so many things. I'm sure it's not the same people (Because no one just bashes blackberry just to troll, right? )

2011-2012: BB needs to change and keep with the times or they'll die!!

2013: BB is going to die because they've changed so many things and some stuff hasn't caught up to the other platforms. I mean come on its a WEEK old already

This isn't directed at the OP. Just a general observation.
    Zirak and straightshooter like this.
    02-08-13 05:20 PM
    Honestly I'm not sure why Blackberry always catches so much heat. No matter what they do it seems like at least 50% of the people here are not happy.
    02-08-13 05:21 PM
    Since no more BIS? Does it mean no more data compression?
    02-08-13 05:55 PM
    Since no more BIS? Does it mean no more data compression?
    As the other threads stated, yes, no more compression.
    02-08-13 06:14 PM
    If I could get a launcher on my Droid that duplicated the BB home screen with gestures and stuff, I would sure as heck pay for it. I could care less of the demise of BIS. As for a forum being the voice of a select group of persons, why would they, or why should they. BB has done this in order to lessen their costs and enhance the end users media experience.
    Nova ain't bad...
    02-08-13 10:11 PM
    Fact of the matter is most folks don't even fully understand what BIS is / was to even say what they'll miss now that portions of it are gone. So please.. share exactly what you're missing out on here, I've found in most cases the folks who respond with an answer are typically incorrect about how BIS helped them, lol.
    one thing that i will miss more then anythign, is the push e mail, my @rogers.com doesn't support active sync and now i have to wait every 15 minutes before my phone checks, atleast BIS does all the work and pushes the messages to me as the messages come in.

i can deal with everythign else i just like the push aspect and i don't want to have to change emails because its not supported. i mean it can't really be that hard to have a server that does the same thing for BB10 devices as well as legacy devices its just a simple push service i mean iOS and google have apps you can get that will push the service so why not BB with their own NOCs
    02-08-13 10:28 PM
    Email sent and received is pushed, the 15 minutes interval should be for the syncing of read and delete status unless your email provider doesn't support push email

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-08-13 10:45 PM
    Why not just forward your account to an outlook.com account and have it send as your old account name? iOS and google do nothing different from what can be done on your new bb.
    02-08-13 10:47 PM
    Also doesn't the NOC poll your emails every .... and then send it on anyway?
    02-08-13 10:47 PM
    A lot of folks understand it maybe you should read forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/killing-off-bis-sucks-766873/ and for some of us BB was about BIS and BBM nothing more. If we wanted to play Android ported games or use android ported apps we would use Android phone, not use them in Android Runtime on BB.

Why not just forward your account to an outlook.com account and have it send as your old account name? iOS and google do nothing different from what can be done on your new bb.
    Also doesn't the NOC poll your emails every .... and then send it on anyway?
    Yeah very simple forward my work email to Outlook.com. That's the greatest suggestion why didn't people ever think of forwarding work email to personal email and then replying them from personal email
    02-09-13 02:41 AM
    To add my 2c to the question posed by the OP: Yes. I think the CB coverage has been a bit skewed in favour of the positive for my liking (although there is obviously a lot to like). Having rightly trumpted all of the historic benefits of BlackBerry over the years, I've found it a little odd that CB have been so muted about some of the major losses with BB10.
    02-09-13 02:45 AM
    Not sure if it's because of BIS or not but I miss the ability to choose between deleting from device or server.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    h20work likes this.
    02-09-13 02:50 AM
    I somewhat agree with the OP. The "Clearing up the Confusion" thread told us that we don't need a BIS plan. There wasn't really a detailed article discussing how the change effects us and what BIS did for us. We have clearly talked about it in the forums, that's true. Most people have no idea what they are missing and if they say they miss BIS in most cases they don't know what they are talking about, that's probably true too. But I think a formal article should be made on it for those that do understand and also so people know the changes, not just what data plan they need. Even if it doesn't effect end user use, a lot of us just have a interest in it.
    02-09-13 02:51 AM
    For me, I have 5x POP3 email accounts I check regularly. Having BIS check the Shaw servers for new messages and being able to filter out certain messages such as those tagged as suspected junk mail is very convenient for me. Not only that, I like the simplicity of the "delete on phone" and "delete on phone and server" option when compared to various syncing technologies such as EAS or IMAP. (Everyone tells me I should keep a month worth of emails on my phone and that I should only delete emails from my phone if I want them gone from my PC too...) I don't think people quite understand the POP feature of leaving messages on the server for another PC to clear off.

I have a good data plan (6GB/$30) so the compression offered by BIS wasn't a huge value to me, but it was a "nice to have".

The BlackBerry Protect backup feature was also quite nice, but somewhat mitigated by easy Outlook desktop syncing. Now that this syncing is gone having BB Protect backing up the phone would certainly be an asset.

I also know of several people who saw value in the "Social" plans that were made possible with the data segmentation offered by BIS.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-09-13 03:03 AM
    indians a very much happy with that as regular plans are way much cheaper than BIS.....and as for encryption and data compression BES is there for corporate guys !!
    02-09-13 03:30 AM
    I understand the angst, but I truly believe that BIS adjustments was a reluctant decision on BBRY's part.

Everyone has been ragging on RIM to be more competitive. Being competitive means making tough choices, and while those decisions may not be appreciated by, I bet they make BBRY more agile, which is a good thing.

Just a thought...
    Be honest I don't think it was a tough choice for BBRY to make, to drop BIS. I work for a MSP who has a lot of clients who use BES/BIS on their BlackBerry's. We only have a couple of people who truly use BIS while the other go through their devices email settings and add their email accounts to their device. I think BBRY has seen a decline in BIS activity that they know were the market has gone, so to save money they have decided to cut it out of the picture, and for all we know the carriers could be telling BBRY they aren't going to pay whatever fees BBRY charges them to have their site hosted at BBRY for BIS. There so much we don't know.
    02-09-13 06:03 AM
    f
    A lot of folks understand it maybe you should read forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/killing-off-bis-sucks-766873/ and for some of us BB was about BIS and BBM nothing more. If we wanted to play Android ported games or use android ported apps we would use Android phone, not use them in Android Runtime on BB.
    With regard to the Android ported apps discussion, unfrotunately, since Blackberry took so long to develop this product, they have lost a ton of market share. App developers aren't going to rush to develop for a platform that is unproven (look at Windows Phone) so the best way that Blackberry could convince them to do it is to allow Android apps to be very simply ported over using the Android runtime. This means that a developer has a very small amount of work to do (some take more to make their apps better) to get their existing apps running on a new platform, and they don't have to commit time and resources to develop for a platform that they see as unproven.
    02-09-13 06:45 AM
    I have heard it mentioned many times. I feel CrackBerry was very clear on this. Clear enough that I have been looking over my account to see what plan will fit me better when I make the switch. I go over my data at times so when I lose compression I will destroy my data so I need to decide how much I need.

James
    02-09-13 07:10 AM
112 123 ...