I came across another thread (Thread) sharing a video promoting BlackBerry. There was confusion if this was a BB ad or not. It appears this was created by a BB fan and checking out his YouTube channel he has quite a few BB video he has created.

I am going to share links to 3 of his videos here. I personally find these pretty intriguing, perhaps he should be hired by BB

AnimalPak200 and nightridah like this.
    05-18-14 09:06 AM
    I like "The Return", although it kinda shows lots of awesome "features" of the GS4/iPhone... lol

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 09:16 AM
    It shows features yes, but also makes me wonder what's new with BlackBerry?

The negative thing if someone wanted to go to store and find out they probably be told nothing and BlackBerry is "dead"

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 09:21 AM
    It shows features yes, but also makes me wonder what's new with BlackBerry?

The negative thing if someone wanted to go to store and find out they probably be told nothing and BlackBerry is "dead"

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, exactly why I liked it. If they would have had the whole line up of devices back then (to show as in the video--so as to make this about BB10 not a single device), this would have been a great alternative to the super bowl ad (considering that at that point they had at least some carrier presence).

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 09:26 AM
    When it comes to marketing.. we need all the help we can get.
    Jimberry Storm likes this.
    05-18-14 09:55 AM
    I think the purpose of marketing is to create buzz and interest, IMO this could do that.

The problem is when it gets to the sales side there is little if any support from retailers and carriers.

If marketing creates the interest but the "sales" people are undermining g everything nothing will change and the results will still be disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 10:27 AM
    Holy dang!
    Those look sweet

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 01:09 PM
    Woah. That's really nice. ^_^

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.
    05-18-14 01:39 PM
    They look professionally done which is impressive. I wish some more features had been shown in the Return one because that borderlines on epic.

The BBM one had say too much strobe effect going on. It's like someone turned the know all the way up to 11.

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    05-18-14 03:43 PM
    What features would you guys want him to have shown in the video?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 03:54 PM
    What features would you guys want him to have shown in the video?

Posted via CB10
    You sure you aren't him? ;-)

App switch is pretty awesome on the BlackBerry 10, so a demo of that would be cool.

A demo of configuring an email account to show up color coded in the Hub, which happens to also show multiple accounts (Facebook, Twitter, text, BBM, etc) are listed in the Hub too, would be really nice. Color coding my two separate Exchange accounts is huge for me doing quick spot checks of email.

You could do something similar with the calendar to show you can overlay many calendars at the same time, color coded differently, including Facebook. Because of the Facebook calendar integration, I finally stopped adding calendar entries on my personal calendar.

Showing the installation of an Android APK file (a free one) would be good too.

Those are just off the top of my head.

05-18-14 04:54 PM
    You sure you aren't him? ;-)

App switch is pretty awesome on the BlackBerry 10, so a demo of that would be cool.

A demo of configuring an email account to show up color coded in the Hub, which happens to also show multiple accounts (Facebook, Twitter, text, BBM, etc) are listed in the Hub too, would be really nice. Color coding my two separate Exchange accounts is huge for me doing quick spot checks of email.

You could do something similar with the calendar to show you can overlay many calendars at the same time, color coded differently, including Facebook. Because of the Facebook calendar integration, I finally stopped adding calendar entries on my personal calendar.

Showing the installation of an Android APK file (a free one) would be good too.

Those are just off the top of my head.

Haha, yes I am fairly certain. I do not have an artistic bone in my body, you ever seen me try to draw a stickman?

Although I like the idea of mystery and making people want more, it could make sense to demonstrate specific features as part of a larger campaign.

I would do adverts based on themes: productivity, social, OS flow, etc. And demonstrate features that tie-in to the theme of the advert.

As for APKs I don't think BlackBerry could show installing the apps as this seems to be a grey area, at most I would show apps already installed on a phone (Netflix, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.) but even this might be pushing it.

Although this appears to make more sense for target the consumer market which I don't see as their focus right now.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 05:45 PM
    I wish that all the users here would do a small 10-30 second clip on why they love their device. Merge them all together and air it in this fashion. A testimonial to the product and more exposure for CB.

Mine would be "Look how I can listen to YouTube all the while I'm shopping on eBay and talking on CB. Nice isn't it?"

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    05-19-14 07:45 AM