To another smartphone manufacturer brand like what Google do for Android and what Nokia done with Windows Phone ? Isn't it the way to survive and earn hell of money and charm developers to develop apps for it? They must, and that is my opinion. I want to hear from you!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 03:31 PM
    Microsoft starts with an os and hardware, then build a huge reputation in os market and now they do hardware(nokia) and software again..so I think it's a good plan to attract people and convert them to BlackBerry device buyer in the future.

Posted via my Z10
    Isa Gumus likes this.
    03-02-15 03:34 PM
    They have indicated that they were interested in licensing BB10, but so far they haven't had any takers... but today a smartphone needs a platform, and a platform needs an ecosystem. There are plenty of fringe OS out there that don't come with the negative baggage that BlackBerry has, and that are very cheap or even free to utilize.
    Isa Gumus likes this.
    03-02-15 03:40 PM
    Well the state they left 10.3.1 official in, who the hell would wanna use it?

Sent from my stuttering, audio skipping on basic tasks Z10
    Isa Gumus and gvs1341 like this.
    03-02-15 04:52 PM
    They have indicated that they were interested in licensing BB10, but so far they haven't had any takers...
    I once heard about motorola interested in BlackBerry 10?

Sent from my shuttering, on basic task audio skipping Z29
    03-03-15 03:20 AM
    Right now if any manufacturer wants to make a smartphone they can have Android or WP8.1 for FREE, bit with a bigger and better ecosystem of native apps. Why would anyone want to PAY for BB10 when even BB can't seem to sell a lot of devices?
    03-03-15 07:02 AM
    Right now if any manufacturer wants to make a smartphone they can have Android or WP8.1 for FREE, bit with a bigger and better ecosystem of native apps. Why would anyone want to PAY for BB10 when even BB can't seem to sell a lot of devices?
    Not sure you are talking from experience or just what you've heard. BB10 is a far superior OS to Android. Microsoft must be paying people to bring WP to relevance because everything about the great west is best right. Smallest kid with a touch of common sense can also tell you that nothing in life is free.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:21 AM
    NO keep BlackBerry OS on BlackBerry phones.

Why sell off such a fluid OS!???

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:28 AM
    Not sure you are talking from experience or just what you've heard. BB10 is a far superior OS to Android. Microsoft must be paying people to bring WP to relevance because everything about the great west is best right. Smallest kid with a touch of common sense can also tell you that nothing in life is free.

Posted via CB10
    Oh I agree, BB10 is the best standalone OS available (if apps were not an issue). But The market right now, is not OS vs OS, but ecosystem vs ecosystem, and BB has the worst ecosystem right now.
    Tre Lawrence and anon1727506 like this.
    03-03-15 07:34 AM
    Oh I agree, BB10 is the best standalone OS available (if apps were not an issue). But The market right now, is not OS vs OS, but ecosystem vs ecosystem, and BB has the worst ecosystem right now.
    I definitely can't disagree with you on that point. It may take some time but when compared to the initial launch of the Z10 and 10.0, it's certainly light years ahead of where it (bb10) once was. I would love to see a company like HTC use BB10 on one of their phones. I'll be crashing the doors of a store to put my hands on that for sure.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:38 AM
    I definitely can't disagree with you on that point. It may take some time but when compared to the initial launch of the Z10 and 10.0, it's certainly light years ahead of where it (bb10) once was. I would love to see a company like HTC use BB10 on one of their phones. I'll be crashing the doors of a store to put my hands on that for sure.

Posted via CB10
    Yes you would, but how many more it would take to make it profitable for HTC. HTC one m8 also released a WP8 version (about 6 months after the Android version released). I don't know how many have been sold with wp8, but from what I hear not as many as the Android version.

My point is that for most, the ecosystem matters and building a BB10 version wouldn't be profitable for anyone instead of building an Android version.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    03-03-15 07:53 AM
    I once heard about motorola interested in BlackBerry 10?

Sent from my shuttering, on basic task audio skipping Z29
    Don't remember that rumor... must have been back before BB10 was even release.

As for most of BB10 existence Motorola was a division of Google... Now that Lenovo owns Motorola, maybe they would be interested in a different OS. But again I just don't see BB10 offering anything, unless they were planning to build their own Enterprise device to compete with BlackPhone, KNOXX and the few other high security enterprise devices out there.
    03-03-15 09:00 AM
    Even if they would licence it for free, can't see any manufacturers jumping on the opportunity to jump on an OS with 1% market share. Maybe unknown Chinese manufacturers, if any.
    03-03-15 09:02 AM
    Well the state they left 10.3.1 official in, who the hell would wanna use it?

Sent from my stuttering, audio skipping on basic tasks Z10
    I have to agree with this. BlackBerry should improve their QA and delivery to their own hardware first. If anyone were interested, of course.
    03-03-15 12:02 PM
    Please put BB10 on the new HTC ONE M9 I would freaking love that and pay alot!
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    03-03-15 12:12 PM
    Microsoft starts with an os and hardware, then build a huge reputation in os market and now they do hardware(nokia) and software again..so I think it's a good plan to attract people and convert them to BlackBerry device buyer in the future.

Posted via my Z10
    When did Microsoft start with OS and Hardware, Before they where an OS company the produced a basic compiler (software) that ran on practically all early computers, they then became an OS and Applications company. I think their first hardware was game controllers (flight simulator) and input devices. Microsoft as a hardware maker really started with the xBox.
    03-03-15 12:17 PM
    Please put BB10 on the new HTC ONE M9 I would freaking love that and pay alot!
    That would definitely be my dream phone as well lol. I love the M9 but can't stand Android. BB10 would keep me even if device specs are inferior.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:08 PM
    That would definitely be my dream phone as well lol. I love the M9 but can't stand Android. BB10 would keep me even if device specs are inferior.

Posted via CB10
    That is what I'm talking about! Htc M9 and note 4 or even iphone 5x with BB10 would be greattt!!!

Downgraded from 10.3.1 to 10.2.1 official, still shuttering Z 29
    03-09-15 07:20 PM
    If there is appeal for this idea, they would have done it already.
    03-10-15 08:58 AM
    That is what I'm talking about! Htc M9 and note 4 or even iphone 5x with BB10 would be greattt!!!

Downgraded from 10.3.1 to 10.2.1 official, still shuttering Z 29
    I would love a m9 or note4 running bb10 but not an iPhone because battery life sucks and the 5 is too small and the 6 is too thin

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    03-10-15 09:11 AM
    I think that they need to show the world how great their software is. Showing it to the other 99% of the world would likely help. Once people see what BlackBerry can do and they continue to innovate in the hardware arena.....then and only then they can attract developers and users because BlackBerry 10 will just work better on a BlackBerry.
    This would hurt them a little first but could pay off (trying to see the big picture).
    In a recent podcast that Bla1ze was part of the analogy was iTunes. Apple really provided iTunes and then sold the hardware that worked best with it (mind you I don't like iTunes - but I think the millions and millions of users might disagree with me).

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 12:26 PM
    No!

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    03-10-15 12:37 PM