I just realized today the one thing I miss most from the old BBOS: a shortcut on the home screen to my email account(s). While the hub is very cool, it still takes an extra swipe or two to get to unread emails, depending on the state the hub was last left in. There's also no notification specifically for emails like there used to be -- I HAVE to go into the hub to see IF I even have new email. There's a separate shortcut for texts -- I would love to have the same one tap option for email accounts. Is there a way to do this now, or is this a wish for a future update?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 09:51 AM
    The Hub is what amalgamates all your email accounts into one sweet spot. There is notification. Make sure your "Display New Message Indicator" is ON and also your "Display Message Count" is ON. Go to your BB Hub. Tap on the 3 vertical dots (overflow) and tap on Settings.

You don't have to go into Hub to see how many new emails you have received. On your Home Screen, you can do a "Peek". It will show you an envelope icon and the number of new messages you have.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    03-26-13 10:07 AM
    Hmmmm... forgot about Peek!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 10:15 AM
    Peek is a great function, also, you can tap the "Hub" icon in the lower left corner of the screen inside the Hub and it will give you a side menu with all of your accounts listed (and any new message notifications) an option to jump straight to a specific account. I know it doesn't substitute having a direct icon for your email inbox, but I much prefer the Hub to the old inbox style.
    03-26-13 10:22 AM
    I sometimes miss the old "M" shortcut from my 9900. The only way I could see to add a scortcut would be to insert an Hub symbol/shortcut in the bottom bar where the phone/camera/universal search shortcuts are already. Feasible? Yes. Will it happen? Who knows.
    03-26-13 11:08 AM
    I miss that icon right there on my home screen with the splat when I have new mail. Old habits die hard. But hey, I'm just about over the physical keyboard thing!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 03:25 PM
    Also, when you get back into the Hub, scroll to the right on the back button to get all the way back in one motion. Saves a lot of clicks if you are a couple levels into Hub messages.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:05 PM
    Right now on my 9930 I have 3 email icons for each of my 3 email accounts on my home screen. I don't have to press or swipe or anything to see what email account has the new email. Does BB10 in any way do this or does the user need addition steps like swipe or peak, ect?
    03-26-13 10:04 PM
    Right now on my 9930 I have 3 email icons for each of my 3 email accounts on my home screen. I don't have to press or swipe or anything to see what email account has the new email. Does BB10 in any way do this or does the user need addition steps like swipe or peak, ect?
    Everything is in Hub. But each email account has its own icon in Hub. And new messages will be indicated which email account has them.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 10:30 PM
    So only the HUB shows individual email accounts. So BB10 requires 1 more step than BB7 in this regard.

thx
    03-26-13 11:01 PM
    I know this sounds petty, but hear me out. I've been waiting a long time for this phone. A long. Stinkin. Time. Basically this is the phone that I've been waiting for for about 3 years. I had a Tour for a month (back in its day), and LOVED it, but had to return it because I had multiple Active Sync accounts that I NEED to have full PIM access to, and I refused to pay extra for those features when they should work out of the box. I've been most happy with Windows Mobile/Windows Phone products. I won't go with Android because - I just won't. Apple is fine, they're good phones. But the keyboard is the worst in the industry, and I send a lot of emails. If they had a decent keyboard, I would probably have an iPhone. (I did have one assigned to me at work for a while, so I'm saying this from experience.) That and their email app in general kinda stinks.
    I currently have a Windows phone, and it's 90% perfect for me. I love how MS does unread counts - it shows the number of new items in your inbox since you last looked at it, not the total unread. WP has the BEST virtual keyboard/autocorrect (at least until now). But my phone is old. And after two years, I still hate Metro/Live Tiles. The UI is ugly, flat, and boring.
    If you can't tell, it's really the little things in the phone experience that make the difference for me.
    I've been following BB10 since probably November/December. I've tried my best to conince anyone who will listen that this is the phone of the future. I really want this phone, and I really want it to be the perfect phone for me, because everything about it seems to be what I've been waiting for. There's been a few things I knew I wouldn't love, but I figured I could live with. One of them is the way BB handles unread counts - I just like Window's way better. But I figured I could live with it, and the work around for that would just be to rely on the * Symbol on the homescreen icon to let me know which account had new mail. I want my email accounts in one tap. Not a swipe up, swipe right, and swipe some more if I was in another inbox. One tap.
    It wouldn't be so bad if none of the hub icons were on the homescreen, but from what I've seen, they're ALL there. Except for email. I don't send that many texts. I'll probably never use BBM. I email. And those icons will be sitting there, mocking me, while I dig through the hub. And every time I see them, I will curse Blackberry for not at least being consistent with which icons they show on the homescreen.
    03-29-13 12:59 AM
    BlackBerry isn't for everyone Kevin, you have to go with the flow...and peek, and hub lol.
    03-29-13 01:19 AM
    Been a while, is there still no way to have individual icons on Home pages for each email account?
    01-10-15 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD