I finally decided to replace my old Nokia E72. I was looking for a worthy successor. Based on many reviews and YT videos I decided on Blackberry Q10 - QWERTY, small form factor and business reputation - everything I need. I was eager to get it as soon as possible.

Now it's 5 day since I open the box and I'm disappointed... Although I like many things: keyboard, gestures, OS speed etc there are some major things that put me off:
    1. Notes/calendar/daily stuff.
    On Nokia E72 I used to have list of my daily tasks/meetings/notes right on home screen, so I just unlock the phone and I have everything at a glance.
    On BB I have upcoming events hidden in the hub, so I have to swipe to hub and then swipe to the top - not so much useful. Second thing is that hub shows meetings only (no tasks, no remote ics subscribed calendar events).
    More useful could be lock screen but it shows at most 1 (ONE!) event despite plenty of space underneath - useless.
    Calendar widget displays at most 1 event also (and no tasks) - useless.

I don't know if there are any custom widgets which I can put at my home screen to show what I need.

2. Emails - as a business phone this should be best of all experience.
    Hub is quite good, but when it shows emails with longer subjects (50+) it's just cutting them. I can't find any option to wrap the subject. It's really unproductive to open every mail to just read the subject.
    Second thing - after IMAP account setup I can't change email address - it's locked. I often need to replay emails with different "From" addresses - I can't do this on BB.

3. Apps
    I thought it would be easier to install most popular apps like facebook, messenger etc. without nearly hacking the phone every time. And I also read somewhere that BB10 will never get Android 4.4 or newer, so in 1-2 years it could be hard to get any working app...

So, my initial sympathy turned to moderate hate. I'll play with the phone for few more days but probably I'll send it back to the store.
    I tried to avoid it, but it looks it's time for android for me....

FYI I'm using latest 10.3.3 version.
    01-13-17 08:24 AM
    Wow, you bought an almost four year old phone without doing any research..... and it didn't meet your needs?

If your E72 still works, use it for a few more months and then take a look at the Mercury.
    01-13-17 11:19 AM
    The active frame for Remember will show upcoming due dates (open the app and leave it running on the home screen).

I don't know if there's a solution for the other issues you've mentioned. If you need a keyboard phone and if your next step is Android it could be worth looking into the Priv or upcoming Mercury.
    01-13-17 11:35 AM
    BlackBerry is the closest user experience to symbian you will ever find. I came to it from Nokia e71, skipped e72, then E7.
    01-14-17 02:49 AM
    I don't know if there's a solution for the other issues you've mentioned. If you need a keyboard phone and if your next step is Android it could be worth looking into the Priv or upcoming Mercury.
    I was thinking about it, but main problem is that they are too big for me. I totally don't understand modern trend of carrying 5"+ smartphone...
    Right now I'm looking for Xperia Z5 Compact. As far as I understand I could then install Cobalt's Blackberry Manager to use BB hub, calendar and keyboard as in BB OS 10.
    I heard that BB touch keyboard is quite good, android swype keyboard is also good, so maybe I won't miss PKB too much.
    01-14-17 09:02 AM
    I was thinking about it, but main problem is that they are too big for me. I totally don't understand modern trend of carrying 5"+ smartphone...
    Right now I'm looking for Xperia Z5 Compact. As far as I understand I could then install Cobalt's Blackberry Manager to use BB hub, calendar and keyboard as in BB OS 10.
    I heard that BB touch keyboard is quite good, android swype keyboard is also good, so maybe I won't miss PKB too much.
    You can actually download Hub, Calendar, etc directly from Google Play now, it doesn't include the keyboard though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...infrastructure
    01-14-17 09:50 AM