I just got a BB Classic, but I'm assuming my question is an OS10 question, not a Classic question. If this belongs in the Classic forum, someone please move it or tell me and I will re-post it there.

I want to set "confirm delivery" for text messages.

In the BB Classic manual this appears:
    Change options for text messages
    In the BlackBerry Hub, tap > [settings] > Text Messages.
    To receive a notification when your sent text messages are delivered or read, under SMS or MMS, turn on the Confirm Delivery switch or the Confirm Read switch.
    To allow other devices to see when you receive or read a text message with an attachment, under MMS, turn on the Allow Delivery Confirmation switch or the Allow Read Confirmation switch.
    What this says is that when you go to the settings button (the thing that looks like a teeny ship's wheel) and then to Text Messages, you will find the options listed above.

On my phone I do not find those options when I go to settings >> Text Messages. All I find are the following choices;

Text Messages
    Enable Word Substitution [toggle on/off button]
    Use Enter Key To Send [toggle on/off button]
    Dark Background [toggle on/off button]
    MMS [in tiny grayed-out characters with a line (a rule, i.e., _________________) above and below it--this is NOT an active button or link--I cannot activate it]*
    Reject Anonymous Messages [toggle on/off button]
    Reject Advertisements [toggle on/off button]
    Show SMS/MMS Mode Notifications [toggle on/off button, and I have it set to "ON"]
    Auto Retrieval Mode [I have it set to always]
    There is no live SMS/MMS button with the options to "confirm delivery" or "confirm read" or to 'allow delivery confirmation" or "allow read confirmation." What's up with that?

*Should that word MMS be a live button that I can click on and access the confirmation options? Why is it grayed out and inert?
    01-24-15 09:55 PM
    Your carrier may not support sms delivery, in which case it's not in the menu.

As for mms being grayed out, maybe your carrier hard locks those settings.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 01:22 AM
    Setting Delivery Confirmation for Text Messages-img_20150125_130613.png
    Setting Delivery Confirmation for Text Messages-img_20150125_130618.png

Posted via readers chamber on 14 th street.
    01-25-15 01:36 AM
    I do not have the screens shown below. I only have the text that I listed above.

I can send and receive text messages, however. I'm confused.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150125_130613.png 
Views:	683 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	329588
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150125_130618.png 
Views:	682 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	329589

trivialguy likes this.
    01-25-15 04:11 AM
    Oopss..

01-25-15 04:13 AM
    Your carrier may not support sms delivery, in which case it's not in the menu.
    I CAN send and receive text messages, so how can my carrier (AT&T) not support?

As for mms being grayed out, maybe your carrier hard locks those settings.

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean by "hard locks"? I bought this phone from Amazon; AT&T doesn't own it.

I'm more confused.
    01-25-15 04:17 AM
    Oopss..

Explain?
    01-25-15 04:18 AM
    Id your device is unlocked then it should shows that dialog box to confirm delivery option on/off.

01-25-15 04:24 AM
    Id your device is unlocked then it should shows that dialog box to confirm delivery option on/off.

I know it should. But it doesn't.

BTW this is software release 10.3.1.747
    OS version 10.3.1.1154
    01-25-15 04:35 AM
    I m using same os as urs. You should talk to BlackBerry customers support services

01-25-15 04:39 AM
    The SIM card dictates what the carrier supports. Nothing to do with if you bought it unlocked or not. I guess AT&T does nt have sms delivery notification services.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 09:03 AM
    Thanks. I'll look into that.
    01-25-15 09:16 AM
    I'm on AT&T using OS 10.3.1.1949 on my Z30, and can confirm there is no message delivery option for SMS:

Setting Delivery Confirmation for Text Messages-img_20150125_103014.png

So this appears to be a limitation with AT&T.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-25-15 09:31 AM
    A million thank-yous for that confirmation. What's up with that anyway??

Here are my screen shots:

The Settings drop down menu suggests there will be SMS/MMS options on the next screen:

I click on "Text Messages" (indicated by red arrow above) and get this, and this is ALL I get:

01-25-15 09:36 AM
    I just spent 47 minutes on the phone with a helpful BlackBerry Customer Support Rep.

Bottom line: It is an AT&T issue. AT&T does not support SMS/MMS delivery confirmation so there is no way to configure it on a phone that has AT&T as a provider. It doesn't matter that the phone was unlocked and not purchased from AT&T.

Discussion: I sent him the screen shots that I posted here. Gave him all my OS numbers and versions, etc. Finally, he said the question would need to be checked out with AT&T, and then HE CALLED AT&T. That's what I call customer service. If *I* had had to call AT&T I would have had to tell my whole story all over again, and the chances of randomly getting a CSR who was familiar with BlackBerry and its operating systems was pretty slim.

So unhappy ending, but at least it's settled. Thanks to all who participated in this quest.
    01-25-15 11:11 AM
    My blackberry Z30, Z10 and Classic all have Delivery Confirmation enabled and all 3 work with all networks except AT&T.. AT&T is the only wireless company that is biased against blackberries.
    If you have to send an important message or photo to a business partner with a Blackberry phone, it's best not to use AT&T..
    10-07-16 10:06 PM