10-12-14 09:57 AM
91 1234
tools
    I usually don't give a damn about things like this but that was the most bias, annoying video ever. Like I will punch the guy dead-on if I ever saw him.

I know things like this are very opinionated but my goodness!!!! What happened to stating normal pure facts? what happened to that sort of dignity??

I don't even care if he liked the phone or not. He could have just stated what the phone has and moved on. *sharpens pitchfork*
    DenimAndLeather likes this.
    10-09-14 08:08 AM
    Smartphone enthusiasts sometimes get too bothered by what others think. Why does the camera and the Verge logo make it more valid?

Much ado about nothing. BlackBerry had more to do with ensuring device success than any reviewer does.
    I'ts because we have a special place in our hearts for The Verge. Like we do for BGR.
    10-09-14 08:14 AM
    the verge are a bunch of biased monkeys who cannot reviews stuff properly
    there was a similiar situation in WPcentral (where im more active), where the verge said stuff against wp which werent true
    i say people should stop following the verge and Linus sebastian and a few more because they dont review phones properly and tout vague reasoning
    instead i suggest everyone stick to mobile nations reviews and michael fischer from pocketnow
    10-09-14 08:16 AM
    I'm going to "think different" and buy a BlackBerry Passport

The Gif Exchange C001B7B16
    haha you implied he was thinking......good one
    10-09-14 08:32 AM
    I think there are three unfortunate sides to this OP. First, the reviewer representing the Verge, I would guess, has never picked up a BB10 phone long enough to figure out how to get to the "Home" screen without a button. Otherwise, he would have more input, even just to bash it more. The disappointing thing here is that this gives BB a negative review that is completely invalid. Unfortunately, most folks probably don't understand that he has little/no experience with BB10 which is why he had no further input than he did. Yet, they listen. And THAT, is unfortunate.

The other side of the story here is the OP, and MANY OTHERS ON THIS FORUM, get angry at reviews like this when we are no less qualified than the majority of the negative BB10 reviewers out there on the interwebs. Voice your opinion. Create a video about why this guy is unfair/uneducated/biased, upload it, send it to the Verge; send it to everyone. Provoke arguments (albiet civil) with folks like this. Tweet it, twerk it, post it, email it, Vine it, whatever.. Challenge them to provide evidence, and when they can't, provide evidence to the contrary. After all, like I said, most of us here are just as qualified.

And last, we all must realize at this point, that Blackberry doesn't combat this kind of stuff. In fact, they offer no marketing for their own products. Excellent. :\ So, if you're that passionate about your mobile technology of choice, then it's up to you.
    jas1978 likes this.
    10-09-14 09:24 AM
    I'ts because we have a special place in our hearts for The Verge. Like we do for BGR.
    LOL Agreed. The sites cause so much angst, yet we can't stay away.
    10-09-14 10:13 AM
    TheVerge shat on a Blackberry? HOW SHOCKING!
    10-09-14 10:14 AM
    How could a guy say "don't buy BlackBerry" he haven't even show or compare BlackBerry Passport to any of those devices that he is reviewing? This guy completely ***** or he get paid too much by other phone manufactures to talk against BlackBerry Passport. They know Passport will be a big success. I bet within six months to a year, there will be some phone manufactures coming out with BlackBerry Passport square screen design.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-09-14 10:37 AM
    Let's stop reading and posting from the Verge. They throw out a lot of click bait with no real substance. . .

I personally won't click in their direction.
    10-09-14 11:05 AM
    LOL... you say this as if most other reviewers out there DO have some sort of technology education, background and/or industry experience. If these guys could get a job with these tech companies, they wouldn't be writing click-baiting "reviews" on the internet.

Unfortunately their audience (as with that of most mass consumer product publications) are in an even lesser position to distinguish between a good source and a bad source of information.

Posted via CB10
    Or like watching financial guru's talk about technology like they understand it.

I'm looking at you Jim Cramer.
    10-09-14 11:09 AM
    David Pierce is a TERRIBLE hardware reviewer. Seriously he's one of the biggest problems I have with the Verge. Their own community is revolting on them right now....check the dislikes...

Seriously, don't buy a BlackBerry, just don't. [Verge video]-img_20141009_094551.png

Posted via CB10
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-09-14 11:46 AM
    The Verge - alive and paid
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-09-14 11:48 AM
    This dude should be careful. Posting a negative opinion is one thing, but URGING people to NOT purchase a competitor's product is potentially actionable in some states under some conditions. ITs called intentional (or tortious) interference with prospective business relations/economic advantage.

"Tortious interference with business relationships occurs where the tortfeasor[Pierce] acts to prevent the plaintiff[BB] from successfully establishing or maintaining business relationships. This tort may occur when a first party's[Pierce's] conduct intentionally causes a second party[website viewers] not to enter into a business relationship with a third party[BB] that otherwise would probably have occurred. Such conduct is termed tortious interference with prospective business relations, expectations, or advantage or with prospective economic advantage."

Chen, teach this dude a lesson in law, like you did with TMO's ****** CEO, and Ryan Seacrest.
    10-09-14 12:12 PM
    Wow, right from the start he had one agenda. We know that they support android and Apple!
    Regarding Assistant , I guess he never watched the comparison between all three, to make a judgment that google is better!
    My dog is smarter then he is!
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-09-14 12:18 PM
    LOL... you say this as if most other reviewers out there DO have some sort of technology education, background and/or industry experience. If these guys could get a job with these tech companies, they wouldn't be writing click-baiting "reviews" on the internet.

Unfortunately their audience (as with that of most mass consumer product publications) are in an even lesser position to distinguish between a good source and a bad source of information.

Posted via CB10
    That was my point exactly, all these big tech blog reviewers with minimal technology education (hardware, software or design) writing reviews as if their word is the final verdict. As far as I can tell David Pierce is a 1st year college (Politics) dropout who knew the right person to get a job writing for a tech blog. Every review should start with a blurb about the reviewer so at least you know where they are coming from. Just my 2 cents.
    10-09-14 12:22 PM
    Well there is at least the and a new PR/Marketing company hired by BB.
    10-09-14 12:34 PM
    I think there are three unfortunate sides to this OP. First, the reviewer representing the Verge, I would guess, has never picked up a BB10 phone long enough to figure out how to get to the "Home" screen without a button. Otherwise, he would have more input, even just to bash it more. The disappointing thing here is that this gives BB a negative review that is completely invalid. Unfortunately, most folks probably don't understand that he has little/no experience with BB10 which is why he had no further input than he did. Yet, they listen. And THAT, is unfortunate.

The other side of the story here is the OP, and MANY OTHERS ON THIS FORUM, get angry at reviews like this when we are no less qualified than the majority of the negative BB10 reviewers out there on the interwebs. Voice your opinion. Create a video about why this guy is unfair/uneducated/biased, upload it, send it to the Verge; send it to everyone. Provoke arguments (albiet civil) with folks like this. Tweet it, twerk it, post it, email it, Vine it, whatever.. Challenge them to provide evidence, and when they can't, provide evidence to the contrary. After all, like I said, most of us here are just as qualified.

And last, we all must realize at this point, that Blackberry doesn't combat this kind of stuff. In fact, they offer no marketing for their own products. Excellent. :\ So, if you're that passionate about your mobile technology of choice, then it's up to you.
    actually the reason im pissed at the verge is because they are biased and take turns to bash everything non-ios or android such as WP,BB10 etc
    they cant review stuff without vague reasoning and blind stabs in the dark at BB10 and WP,they say apps are lacking or features are missing even though those particular ones are present

your points are quite true though!i quite agree!!
    10-09-14 12:38 PM
    What a douch.

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    10-09-14 12:38 PM
    I would like Dieter Bohn's incite on the video. He said the Verge isn't bias?
    10-09-14 12:40 PM
    Well, to argue against his opinion, you then should have some sort of certification or diploma, by your own logic, right? And clearly, you showed none while reviewing his review of smartphone.

Its just an opinion, so just view it as an opinion and not as a fact. There is a reason why this guy is posting on YouTube, and not in front of the parliament.

I dont know why, but BlackBerry users become very personal about these insignificant issues that rise up on social media often on a topic that is against BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    Well I know how to code in PHP, Java, Mysql, ColdFusion, CSS, HTML etc and I understand object-oriented principles so there's that as far as my technology education. Im not afriaid of cracking open a tech manual and learning something new to me. I guess that's why I wasn't afraid of being open-minded to something different like BlackBerry 10 and the Passport... speaking of which here is a pic of my new Passport I got on Tuesday: I love it!

He could have spent more than 3 seconds on this innovative device:

Seriously, don't buy a BlackBerry, just don't. [Verge video]-img-20141007-00577.jpg
    If you are sitting on the fence on whether to get a BlackBerry Passport then seriously, buy it, just buy it. You'll be glad you did.
    10-09-14 12:43 PM
    I hold my iPhone 6 Plus in my hands, and it is beautiful. I poke at the half dozen apps I've downloaded since purchasing it... I browse the App Store in keen anticipation of discovering something spectacular... I feel empty inside... but then I put it down and pick up my Passport and open the Hub and then everything makes sense to me.

The iPhone 6 Plus is a beautiful powerful device. Apps like Exoplanet show off what an iOS device is capable of... but there are so few apps of that calibre, and even then, Exoplanet is educational but is more a cool toy than it is a useful app. I just have things I'd rather be doing than playing with apps.

Perhaps if this fellow was in a country with more mature mobile payments infrastructure he'd feel differently about BlackBerry.

Not to mention that I have data on my BlackBerry that I would never feel safe keeping on an Android or iPhone: that makes my BB indispensable, where an Apple or Android device could never be. If you don't have trust issues with Apple or Android devices, then again, you're not going to appreciate BlackBerry for one of its primary advantages.
    10-09-14 12:59 PM
    If you want the best device, buy the iPhone 6! Yay! We're going way out on a limb here, guys!

People are going to get fed up with this and want to be different again.
    10-09-14 01:48 PM
    Guess the decision has been made for me.

GG BlackBerry, it was good knowing you.

When H3LL freezes over and I gain the tech of Tony Stark
    spike12 likes this.
    10-09-14 03:42 PM
    Video: The Best Smartphone You Can Buy - brought to you by The Verge (surprise, surprise)

skip to 3:14 to hear "Seriously, don't buy a BlackBerry, just don't."

1:40 worth of the iPhone 6
    1:29 worth of Android phones
    6 seconds worth of windows phone
    3 seconds worth of BlackBerry when all he says is "Seriously, don't buy a BlackBerry, just don't."

By a guy named David Pierce: David Pierce who doesn't appear to have any formal technology education and just decided to start writing tech reviews.

Why anyone would take his advice about which smartphone to buy is beyond me. Reviewers should have to talk about their background to give people an idea about their knowledge base before they start their review.
    Of course someone with no real knowledge of technology would push the iClone. This is mainly due to the fact that iOS is user friendly and Apple stores will set it up for you or the carrier will. The Blackberry is for power users that want to get the information out quickly and easily.

The BlackBerry products as we all know are powerful devices with HUB and BlackBerry Assistant at the end of the day They make life easy the setup is simple hell it takes me less than 5 minutes to rebuild my BB after a leak and thats from scratch.

So my word is Buy a BlackBerry Just Do IT.

CO
    10-09-14 03:47 PM
    This guy is a hack. Extremely biased review with limited facts.
    10-09-14 04:59 PM
91 1234