Blackberry Passport review from The Verge

BlackBerry Passport review | The Verge

Blackberry Z30, 10.3.0.1154
    I love how the black bars above and below videos are mentioned, just like another smartphone from a certain fruit company.....

Still at least the Passport has a reason for those black bars being there, the square screen and not a non standard resolution.
    10-09-14 05:14 PM
    You know, I love how this is nothing more than one person's opinion - zero credibility, especially when telling people not to buy brand XXX for no reason.

Honestly what short-bus did they hire this guy off of???
    neo158 likes this.
    10-09-14 05:28 PM
    Don't listen to him, just don't.
    neo158 likes this.
    10-09-14 07:39 PM
    Seriously don't visit the verge, just dont.

Posted via CB10
    neo158 likes this.
    10-09-14 08:33 PM
    They guy never even talked about how you can be productive on an iPhone. What does the email features offer over other systems? He just said the phone is better but offered no real examples. He did talk a lot about the camera and its features. Great. But that's it.

That kind of review makes me glad that I have a BlackBerry. I get stuff done with my phone, not just take pictures.
    neo158 likes this.
    10-09-14 09:19 PM
    I'm not going to give him the satisfaction

Z10
    Yeah, same here. Just another opinion. Nothing to see there.
    JC should do a "Seriously, just buy a BlackBerry" video..

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    JC, Kevin, and the kid that's been posting all the cool "positive" BlackBerry videos. What's his name?
    10-09-14 09:57 PM
    Seriously, don't bring the ***** up here, just don't
    10-10-14 06:13 AM
    Those who say not to buy a BlackBerry phone obviously have not given it any time or a chance. I have other OS phones besides BB10 but if I could only keep one it would be my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with you Adam, I have my lumia 925 for my work email, personal phone work sim, and my nexus 5, personal phone that I swap between with my z30, keep going back to the z30 as I love bb10

I'm an old school webOS fan, had almost all the Pre's including the 3 😊 currently eyeing up the passport when my other half isn't looking, is that cheating? Lol

Keep pestering my colleague to update our MDM to support bb!

Barry
    10-10-14 07:05 AM
    and now you are giving them all kinds of hits
    Mmmhhh...

Just watched the youtube clip in Supertube... no clicks, no ads...

;-)

This is just some totally over-the-top biased "review". Sure you pretty much can't go wrong with an iPhone, unless...

"Don't buy a BlackBerry", because if they make it any further, our usual business model is threatened and all our predictions and statements of "BBRY is dead" are finally revealed and unmasked as utter B.S.

Talking about B.S., say hello to "B.S." aka Brian Scheirer, he's a cool bloke ;-)

(looking forward to the next coding adventure...)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    DenimAndLeather likes this.
    10-10-14 07:30 AM
    the Verge review was not a review at all, it was a pathetic attempt to discredit a very good and innovative new phone on the market. It was so obviously bias, he lost all credibility as a reviewer as he is not a reviewer in any way at all. I went to an Apple forum and searched for "Blackberry Passport". I was shocked by what I read in thread after thread, they were all very curious and most very impressed, many saying they were going to look into it further and many others who said they were going to get it. I'm starting to believe Blackberry has a winner on their hands.
    Karthik Naik, neo158 and jas1978 like this.
    10-10-14 02:55 PM
    After 5 days with my BlackBerry Passport the fact this reviewer is telling people to 'seriously' not buy a Blackberry is chapping my hide more and more...

I think these people know BlackBerry is onto something now and they are annoyed BlackBerry just didn't roll over and die like they all predicted.

Posted via CB10
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-11-14 05:52 PM
    Especially with the nerve to say windows phone has improved etc etc, but oh no don't buy a BlackBerry. I'm sorry but it just feels like a toy os. I think things could really turn the corner with the next two devices. Those are critical for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 11:09 PM
    Especially with the nerve to say windows phone has improved etc etc, but oh no don't buy a BlackBerry. I'm sorry but it just feels like a toy os. I think things could really turn the corner with the next two devices. Those are critical for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    windows phone is by no means a toy os,its great to use
    I use my Z10 and Lumia 720 on a daily basis
    each has its own pros and cons but I wouldnt exactly favour one over the other,i do feel BB10 and windows phone are better made etc than ios and android however
    10-12-14 02:30 AM
    What a joke, on another note he sure does seem like the apple zombie type

sent from my STL100-1 with 10.3.0.1154 with the radio from 10.3.0.699
    10-12-14 05:41 AM
    Seriously don't visit the Verge. It's for stupid people, it's not serious tech web, so just don't visit it.

Posted via CB10
    neo158 and Clanked like this.
    10-12-14 06:01 AM
    windows phone is by no means a toy os,its great to use
    I use my Z10 and Lumia 720 on a daily basis
    each has its own pros and cons but I wouldnt exactly favour one over the other,i do feel BB10 and windows phone are better made etc than ios and android however
    It has been a while I tested it out when I was considering a launch Z10. Both have improved quite a bit since then, I'm sure. To me the are nearly on the same playing field.

Posted via CB10
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    10-12-14 09:57 AM
91 ... 234