Video: The Best Smartphone You Can Buy - brought to you by The Verge (surprise, surprise)

skip to 3:14 to hear "Seriously, don't buy a BlackBerry, just don't."

1:40 worth of the iPhone 6
    1:29 worth of Android phones
    6 seconds worth of windows phone
    3 seconds worth of BlackBerry when all he says is "Seriously, don't buy a BlackBerry, just don't."

By a guy named David Pierce: David Pierce who doesn't appear to have any formal technology education and just decided to start writing tech reviews.

Why anyone would take his advice about which smartphone to buy is beyond me. Reviewers should have to talk about their background to give people an idea about their knowledge base before they start their review.
    Supa_Fly1, earlym and neo158 like this.
    10-08-14 01:29 PM
    and now you are giving them all kinds of hits
    10-08-14 01:33 PM
    I'm going to "think different" and buy a BlackBerry Passport

The Gif Exchange C001B7B16
    10-08-14 01:48 PM
    Ignore it.
    imcurved, bankok80 and Blacklatino like this.
    10-08-14 01:50 PM
    So basically you're telling us to BUY more blackberry's?

Oh ok...
    That's exactly what i am going to do, buy more.
    RIM99, Sorg644, bankok80 and 2 others like this.
    10-08-14 01:59 PM
    What a reviewer!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-08-14 02:03 PM
    Those who say not to buy a BlackBerry phone obviously have not given it any time or a chance. I have other OS phones besides BB10 but if I could only keep one it would be my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    RIM99 and Sorg644 like this.
    10-08-14 04:01 PM

By a guy named David Pierce: David Pierce who doesn't appear to have any formal technology education and just decided to start writing tech reviews.
    LOL... you say this as if most other reviewers out there DO have some sort of technology education, background and/or industry experience. If these guys could get a job with these tech companies, they wouldn't be writing click-baiting "reviews" on the internet.

Unfortunately their audience (as with that of most mass consumer product publications) are in an even lesser position to distinguish between a good source and a bad source of information.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 04:08 PM
    Well, to argue against his opinion, you then should have some sort of certification or diploma, by your own logic, right? And clearly, you showed none while reviewing his review of smartphone.

Its just an opinion, so just view it as an opinion and not as a fact. There is a reason why this guy is posting on YouTube, and not in front of the parliament.

I dont know why, but BlackBerry users become very personal about these insignificant issues that rise up on social media often on a topic that is against BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    10-08-14 04:35 PM
    Well, to argue against his opinion, you then should have some sort of certification or diploma, by your own logic, right? And clearly, you showed none while reviewing his review of smartphone.

Its just an opinion, so just view it as an opinion and not as a fact. There is a reason why this guy is posting on YouTube, and not in front of the parliament.

I dont know why, but BlackBerry users become very personal about these insignificant issues that rise up on social media often on a topic that is against BlackBerry.

Completely agree.
    10-08-14 04:38 PM
    Waiting for my q10 to arrive

Posted via CB10
    spitfire1500 likes this.
    10-08-14 04:53 PM
    Just as many think BB is the best thing going... manymore think otherwise.,.. so what is the point???? you will never prove a subjective point of view to anyone so why bother trying.... to each their own... remember... by feeding trolls .. you only encourage them....
    10-08-14 04:59 PM
    I look at it this way,

Those that don't own a BlackBerry 10 device (like my Z30) don't know what they are missing.

Reviewers like that are just ignorant or, they like their phablets to function as flip phones by folding them (errrr iPhone 6+)

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-08-14 05:05 PM
    Completely agree.
    Why? Someone posting an opinion in the anonymous forums of Crackberry is completely different than someone doing this, in front of a camera, on a tech site such as The Verge. Assuming this came from that website since I did not click.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 05:14 PM
    Don't find the review that provoking. What he says can be summed up in one sentence. "I am American and so should you be". Seriously when you are not from the states it's that obvious.
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-08-14 05:53 PM
    BlackBerry needs to understand the power of PR marketing such as this. You have hundreds of unknown guys all over the internet praising the iPhone in different articles, I mean this is so predictable. It's irrelevant that they're unknown, I don't think anyone bothers to check who wrote an article, I read like 4 or 5 different ones daily and have no clue who wrote them, I just read the article and watch the video like millions around the world do. BlackBerry just does not have any brand advocates out there, not nearly enough!
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-08-14 06:21 PM
    Why? Someone posting an opinion in the anonymous forums of Crackberry is completely different than someone doing this, in front of a camera, on a tech site such as The Verge. Assuming this came from that website since I did not click.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Like I said, most people aren't capable of differentiating between a good source of information and a bad one. ESPECIALLY on the internet.

Sure, everyone can spew their opinion about anything, whether they understand the topic or not, but it's up to the website editors to discriminate what's worth publishing and what isn't.

The entire premise of their post (and the general concept of a comparison review) was to help a reader, with limited time, compare devices. That implies that the site has done their due diligence (since they have more time, and expertise to look into each) on behalf of the reader.

In fact, given that iPhone and Android is so widely popular and familiar, devoting the most time to those instead of the relatively unknown Windows and BlackBerry is actually a waste of the viewers' time... since the entire point is to learn something they didn't know before.

Finally, if they really wanted to provide a valuable service to their reader,.. they would devote the bulk of the video to explain all the horrible reasons one should just avoid BlackBerry... because that's the least known information to the reader, and the result they apparently would really like their readers to avoid.

As it stands, it's merely a self-stroking fluff piece made to feed into the snarky highschool cafeteria-ish group-think. Granted, that's what most of these so-called tech sites are for anyway.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 06:21 PM
    and no you are giving them all kinds of hits
    With you and all kids of misses - no vs now; spelling or autocorrect error ? teasing I hate it when that happens too.
    10-08-14 06:51 PM

Years of articles like this I guess

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/16/te...sers.html?_r=0
    BB_Junky likes this.
    10-08-14 07:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Smartphone enthusiasts sometimes get too bothered by what others think. Why does the camera and the Verge logo make it more valid?

Much ado about nothing. BlackBerry had more to do with ensuring device success than any reviewer does.
    Thunderbuck and Blacklatino like this.
    10-08-14 07:24 PM
    I question the motives of such a dismissive comment. I see true ignorance or simple laziness in not wanting to review it. No surprised this came from the Verge, I find they are not knowledgeable.

Just don't watch or read anything from the Verge... seriously don't

Posted via CB10
    svelt, DenimAndLeather and Clanked like this.
    10-08-14 08:19 PM
    Time to head over there and give him some R rated CB love.

Posted via CB10
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    10-08-14 08:42 PM
    Time to head over there and give him some R rated CB love.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't, that's what they want....

Posted via CB10
    Toodeurep likes this.
    10-08-14 08:43 PM
    I lol'd at his summary... "make sure you get the right one, and the easiest way... it's not perfect, but it's the best thing out there." First he tells you to get the right one for you, then he deftly implies that you don't know which is the right one for you so use the one he suggests, followed by saying the one suggested is not perfect for you, but then disclaims that nothing's perfect so settle for next best thing. Sounds like I'm at a used... er, pre-owned... car dealership. He starts off with sound advice, and somehow wrangles you into a not so sound purchase for you. Just have to be careful wherever you go to purchase anything.

Anyway, people may take his advice because he "looks" to be knowledgeable in this field. No idea if he is or not, but sometimes you just have to trust that somebody you don't know is going to be knowledgeable about something you're looking for until you get burned. Heck, I used to talk cars all the time, and I have near zero automotive knowledge. Got asked for opinions sometimes because of that and I had to defer to someone else. Of course, I've also heard some way left field info being spouted about a particular car model that I'm a fan of that I know is just plain wrong; but I wasn't about to correct any misguided praises. Similarly, just this past Sunday I heard one guy praise the Passport as having "the best camera" to his friend when they saw me taking pictures... I just had to let it go.
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    10-08-14 09:05 PM
    Video: The Best Smartphone You Can Buy - brought to you by The Verge (surprise, surprise)

skip to 3:14 to hear "Seriously, don't buy a BlackBerry, just don't."

1:40 worth of the iPhone 6
    1:29 worth of Android phones
    6 seconds worth of windows phone
    3 seconds worth of BlackBerry when all he says is "Seriously, don't buy a BlackBerry, just don't."

Why anyone would take his advice about which smartphone to buy is beyond me. Reviewers should have to talk about their background to give people an idea about their knowledge base before they start their review.
    Blackberry device its for people is interest and knowledge of OS. Andorid and iphone is simple and no challenge of doing on OS .That basic function has been fixed on device and upgrade Andorid and iphone OS is minors.
    10-08-14 09:07 PM
91 123 ...