Quick question:

Want to send someone a photo that I'm about to take. Instinctively, I'm going to my text message and then attach. I'm looking for a camera option in that menu (like iOS, I know. I know.) and it's not there. So I exit text messaging and open camera. Take the photo and then share it from there.

Do I need to retrain my brain or is there a way to do what I explained first?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 09:36 PM
    Click the paperclip (attachment symbol) and then Picture.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 09:41 PM
    I think that you'd be able to just go one more step in the first way you described and you'd be able to do it. When you go into the text message, click attachment icon, picture, then camera in the bottom center, take photo & it should then attach for you.

Hope that helped!
    06-03-15 09:41 PM
    I would say that it all depends on the way you think. Although, training your brain is not difficult. It's just the way you process your thoughts.

If you think:

"Wow, I should take a picture of this and then send it to... umm, John, yeah John would love this!"

Then you would open the camera. Snap a pic and share it with John. It's very fluid to do it this way.

On the other hand if you think like:

"Wow. John needs to see this! I'll see what he's up to and send him a quick picture."

Then you would initiate the conversation first, then attach a picture that you take which actually is an option on BB10. To do it this way press ATTACH, then click Pictures. This takes you to the Pictures Folder where at the bottom of the folder or in the overflow menu you will have a CAMERA option to take a quick snapshot.

So on BB10 you actually could do it either way you like. Personally I prefer to take the pic and share from there. 2 reasons. It's way easier and if you want to take another picture quickly, and maybe time is of the essence, the camera is already ready to go.

Quick tip: If you take a pic in the camera and want to share it quickly. Put your thumb on the thumbnail at the bottom left and drag it to the middle of the screen. The thumbnail goes fullscreen and gives 2 options on the right. Delete and Share. Without letting go you just drab your thumb to share and let go. The Share is then initiated in one quick move. Also can be used to review and delete unwanted photos in one foul swoop (of your thumb).
    06-03-15 09:51 PM
    Thank you! Did not realize that if I just went to Picture the Camera button was there. The way I was thinking, I was looking for Camera in the first menu of options. But this will work just fine!

When I'm in a text conversation and want to snap a photo for someone (look at what I'm looking at now) I like this sequence.

Thanks again, so helpful.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 10:21 PM
    Also love the quick tip. Nice!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 10:22 PM