I've had a Classic for quite a while on my second line and really like it. Historically, I've used it as a standalone device while my iPhone has been my primary device; integrating well with my Mac. Yesterday my patience with Apple/iOS ran out and I ordered a Passport as it's replacement. My smartphones will be entirely Blackberry moving forward. My desktop & tablet will remain Mac-based, however.

I am a sole-proprietor and do not need to be too concerned with calendar-sharing or having others be able to make changes to entries. As I just decided to walk away from iPhone and rely on Blackberry for my smartphone usage, these are the problems I need help solving:

1. Calendars. Thus far, I've used iCal for my personal and small business. I 'can' use Google if it's a better alternative. My needs with Calendars are fairly simple. I need multiple calendars for various work and personal activities, would like to be able to have changes/entries made with one device be viewed or changed on the others. It's possible that I may make use of sending a calendar entry to the client (read only) to serve as an appointment reminder. (Outlook is not an option unless it turns out to be the only option)

I've noticed on my Blackberry Classic that the color codes do not match up in any way with my iCal colors and wondered if there is a solution to that.

Is it possible to make the Native Calendar in the Blackberry become viewable on my Mac by way of subscribing or similar?

2. Reminders/Remember/Tasks. Forever, I've simply used Apple's Reminders app via iCloud to list simple todo related lists and manipulate them across devices. I'm not "married" to Apple Reminders, per se. I have access to Evernote if that's useful, as well. I really need to be able to jot down a simple task on one device and affect/view those tasks on the other devices.

The Blackberry Remember app is really nice and it would be a shame to not use it, but what system would be ideal to have tasks be dealt with in a cross-platform setup?

Note: I do have the use of Blackberry Blend though I'm away from my laptop and can't recall if I can deal with "Tasks" from there. I don't mind using Blend if it's the best/only option but it's not the most stable app on my Mac thus far.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide to help me streamline my setup. I ditched my iPhone yesterday and am thrilled to go back to Blackberry.
    03-31-16 07:09 AM
    Welcome to CB! Hope other folks with knowledge can help you on this matter
    03-31-16 07:31 AM
    I highly recommend moving to a Microsoft Exchange based email service. You'll love it!!

PM me if interested, I can provide service for as few as just 1 email account.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    03-31-16 08:53 AM
    Hi OP, I sync my Icloud calendar,contacts and mail with my Classic and Passport without issues. Also subscribe to some Google calendars too. Changes done in Blend or via Web Icloud (if you are away from your computer) go to the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 08:58 AM
    Thanks Jpoq!

Have you had any issues with the colors you designated for iCloud calendars not matching up on your Blackberry? Do you simply ignore colors on the smartphone and just examine the event more closely?
    03-31-16 09:02 AM
    Hi again OP, regarding Remember, yes is a good app however I do not know if it can go cross platform. One app I have tried and looks interesting is Remember the Milk. It has lots of functions for list management and you can even mail tasks to your lists.

Posted via CB10
    crawleylmt likes this.
    03-31-16 09:02 AM
    I highly recommend moving to a Microsoft Exchange based email service. You'll love it!!

PM me if interested, I can provide service for as few as just 1 email account.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    This, but without the plug. Microsoft offer these directly as integrated packages with Office 365 and some other stuff. I use it for my cross platform calendar, contacts, messaging + office apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 09:46 AM
    I'm going to look into MS365 today and see how it shapes up then. Am I correct in believing that under the 365/exchange setup, my Blackberry would essentially be using it's native calendar app/ Remember app to manage these as long as I set up email/calendar/contacts/etc when I add the exchange account to the phone?
    03-31-16 09:54 AM
    Basically yes.
    03-31-16 01:33 PM