How do you select an item in a drop down list on a web page? Most don't seem to stay open or accept a selection, usually resulting in the default selection opening.

The PlayBook also has the same problem. The only work around I found was to bridge the phone to a PlayBook and use the phone as a mouse to do the selection.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 08:08 PM
    There's no hard and fast rule. Sometimes, most times in fact in my experience, it works.
    But yes, there are some that are very frustrating and do not cooperate with a mobile browser.

You can try a long press as well to see if that makes dropdown open and stay open, as is the case with the odd site.
    07-04-13 08:16 PM
    The long press doesn't work. It think these sites work on iPhone and Androids. Is it the BlackBerry browser or has the site just misidentified the browser, causing the problem?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 08:30 PM
    No roll overs, This always happens on my ipad to, can be quite annoying. Sadly it's part of using a touch screen.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    07-04-13 09:28 PM
    The long press doesn't work. It think these sites work on iPhone and Androids. Is it the BlackBerry browser or has the site just misidentified the browser, causing the problem?

Posted via CB10
    A little bit of both, I'd say.
    And I bet the opposite holds true too, that there are certain pages that BB10 handles when the others don't.

There's just too many ways to build a web page, and nothing makes anyone update theirs either.
    07-04-13 09:32 PM