Is it just me or is there no way in File Manager to select all files in a folder, rather than selecting them one by one. I have a folder with hundreds of files I want to select, it would take an eternity to select them individually.

There has to be a better way.
    BionicKris likes this.
    05-07-13 02:03 PM
    hmm never noticed this before but you appear to be right!
    05-07-13 02:09 PM
    This has worked for me. Once you select the folder you want in File Manager, at the bottom right is 3 dots, tap that to bring out the frame and tap on select. Now you can select each file within that folder (all your selections will be highlighted).

Sorry, unfortunately there's no other way.
    Last edited by SunnyFL; 05-07-13 at 02:23 PM. Reason: clarification
    05-07-13 02:20 PM
    Right, but if you have hundreds of files in that folder its going to take a very, very long time to select them all one by one.

This has worked for me. Once you select the folder you want in File Manager, at the bottom right is 3 dots, tap that to bring out the frame and tap on select. Now you can select each file within that folder (all your selections will be highlighted).
    05-07-13 02:23 PM
    Yes, I feel your pain...maybe take a group at a time??
    05-07-13 02:27 PM
    I even tried two file managers, Ghost Manager (an Android port) and Super File Manager (a native app) and both have the same problem, no way to select all
    05-07-13 02:41 PM
    Disappointing!
    05-07-13 03:10 PM
    I know it shouldn't have to be this way but... delete the folder, then create it again if necessary.
    05-07-13 03:48 PM
    I know it shouldn't have to be this way but... delete the folder, then create it again if necessary.
    Am not sure I understand; actually I don't understand. If you delete the folder, doesn't it delete all the files within the folder? Thanks.
    05-07-13 04:48 PM
    Am not sure I understand; actually I don't understand. If you delete the folder, doesn't it delete all the files within the folder? Thanks.
    My bad. I misread the original post � I assumed the need to select all was to delete them. I see now it doesn't actually say that.

I do wonder what the OP was going to do with the files after selecting all of them?
    05-07-13 05:02 PM
    You're right about that - I don't know what his plans are but was trying to help. I don't have hundreds of files to move but I guess he does!
    05-07-13 05:04 PM
    What I would love would be a batch select function.
    Set a start and end of the batch, for selections.
    billsterjito likes this.
    05-07-13 05:09 PM
    What I would love would be a batch select function.
    Set a start and end of the batch, for selections.
    Yes, that would be neat,
    05-07-13 05:12 PM
    I was looking for this option this morning. I wanted to copy all of the pictures off of the Device and onto my SD card as my device memory is running a little thin.

CB10 App, Z10
    05-07-13 05:13 PM
    I knew there was no select all but I tapped at lightening speed all my music folders from the device and moved them to the SD card.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 05:31 PM
    My bad. I misread the original post — I assumed the need to select all was to delete them. I see now it doesn't actually say that.

I do wonder what the OP was going to do with the files after selecting all of them?
    In one case I did want to delete all the files in a particular folder (it was the first version of the Autotrader app that was saving every picture to a cache folder on the device) and yeah I did think about just deleting that cache folder and then re-creating it.

But then later I wanted to move a whole bunch of pictures from my device memory to my SD card (in the beginning I had it saving to the device my mistake so still had a bunch of files lingering on the device). I ended up just connecting it to my PC and moving the files in Windows Explorer but I couldn't believe that during beta testing of BB10 no one ever noticed that a select all isn't possible. Especially since file management on the Playbook is absolutely horrendous, I thought their software developers would be chomping at the bit to solve these very basic issues.

Remember, Thorsten touted this as a "mobile computing platform". That means I don't have to connect it to my PC just to move some files around...
    ilcasalino likes this.
    05-07-13 08:37 PM
    Was just posting a thread when this came up in the Similar Threads suggestion. I'm trying to transfer my pictures and videos to my memory card (over 1000 pictures) but cannot select all. The only option looks like copying the actual folder
    06-06-13 09:19 AM
    OI File Manager (free in App World) provides the option to do multi-select and select all. It may be an Android Port (I used it on my Android tablet) but it works very well.
    06-06-13 09:31 AM
    hmm never noticed this before but you appear to be right!
    06-20-15 11:05 AM
    I was looking for this option this morning. I wanted to copy all of the pictures off of the Device and onto my SD card as my device memory is running a little thin.
    Same here. I have 2500 photos to shift to the SD card memory. My bad for letting the file get that large to start with. A "select all" option would be nice. I guess it will be 2500 taps for me..

 Living the life, posting via BB Z30 
    06-20-15 06:16 PM
    My bad. I misread the original post � I assumed the need to select all was to delete them. I see now it doesn't actually say that.

He can send the files via bluetooth to another phone.
    He can move it to another folder.
    He can even select all files in a folder and un tick 5 or 6 and delete the rest selected. Whatever, SELECT ALL feature is a must have, not just in File Manager, but also everywhere in phone - contacts, chats, calendar entries, no matter where, anywhere there is space to select 2 or more things together, there should be select all feature. Point.

Typed in via Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.840
    06-20-15 06:53 PM
    My only recommendation is copying the folder to the SD Card to easily copy it to your computer and then manage the files on your computer before coping that back to your BlackBerry Device... Also you can zip the whole folder, copy it to your SD Card and transfer it to your computer.
    09-14-15 12:21 AM
    This is indeed a bummer, but before using an autoloader, I usually zip my folders, transfer them to my laptop and copy/unzip them when done. It's the easiest method I can think of

Posted via my Black Passport
    09-14-15 02:00 AM
    I did find a file manager that allows for Select All. Download "File Manager HD" from Golden Play, select one file in a folder, and at the top right hand corner of the screen there is a checkmark in a dashed box. Clicking that box will select all files and subfolders in the current folder.
    09-14-15 07:55 AM
    ZIP ALL from within the folder
    Not ideal but works

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    lucarossisp likes this.
    09-14-15 08:12 AM
42 12