I got tired of checking for software updates for 10.3.2.xxx, and I know autoloaders exist but I’m trying to do an official update.
    I just phoned my carrier, Three UK and asked when they would authorise the software, 10.3.2.xxx for Blackberry phones and the advisor said he wasn’t sure if it would be compatible which is why I may not have got the update, so I gave him a lesson. Apple is the only company to offer carrier independent updates whereas Samsung, Blackberry, etc, all do carrier dependant updates and that OS10.3.2.xxx was compatible with all OS10 devices. So he went to check with his advisor and there is no sign of 10.3.2.xxx being sent to the carrier so they cannot authorise software they haven’t got!

I am disappointed with this news. The thing is my phone is unlocked and I have not received any updates and on another thread, people with UK unlocked Blackberry’s have not received the update either....

When is it coming??
    Last edited by hasa77; 06-16-15 at 11:08 AM.
    06-16-15 10:45 AM
    It's coming when it's ready... kinda pissed about the wait myself but it's not the end of the world
    06-16-15 12:28 PM
    Here we go again... each time the same... disappointed, fed up, etc.. chill out people...

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243)
    06-16-15 12:34 PM
    Late July or august for uk carriers. Don't forget uk.was always 2 months behind general. World wide releases.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 12:36 PM
    I got tired of checking for software updates for 10.3.2.xxx, and I know autoloaders exist but I�m trying to do an official update.
    I just phoned my carrier, Three UK and asked when they would authorise the software, 10.3.2.xxx for Blackberry phones and the advisor said he wasn�t sure if it would be compatible which is why I may not have got the update, so I gave him a lesson. Apple is the only company to offer carrier independent updates whereas Samsung, Blackberry, etc, all do carrier dependant updates and that OS10.3.2.xxx was compatible with all OS10 devices. So he went to check with his advisor and there is no sign of 10.3.2.xxx being sent to the carrier so they cannot authorise software they haven�t got!

I am disappointed with this news. The thing is my phone is unlocked and I have not received any updates and on another thread, people with UK unlocked Blackberry�s have not received the update either....

When is it coming??
    Nearly all BlackBerry direct devices receive OS updates directly from BlackBerry, ota. My Q10 and my Z10 received 10.3.2.2204

Only OEM android devices receive carrier updates, everyone else gets them from their respective Developer ota - there are way too many to name, but you can google them.

NO carrier can authorize a BlackBerry OS for use, because carriers don't make BlackBerry OS. BlackBerry does. Carriers aren't pushing updates because they have too small of a BB10 user base, to waste resources on updating...maybe 100 devices per subscribership? It costs money that they don't intend to waste, and as long as nothing is wrong with your device, OS-wise, why should they be concerned? Because you demand an update, is financially illogical

Since you demand an update, do it yourself. And please don't come with the "void my warranty" nonsense. Plenty of people HERE have sent back many a BB10 device, with "unauthorized" software on their devices, and have gotten replacements without any issues, including myself. My out of warranty Z10 died last year, with non-carrier pushed software on it, and BlackBerry replaced my device, at THEIR expense, without any concern. All the old myths are dead. Free yourself or don't. But none of your concerns apply in 2015.
    hasa77 likes this.
    06-16-15 12:52 PM
    UK was usually one of the first to receive the updates, with vodafone leading the charge, followed by EE.

To be honest there's not much in the new update I'm thirsty for, they're just minor updates and tweaks here and there by the looks of it.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 12:57 PM
    The whole "BlackBerry pushes the updates" isn't true. I have SIM free passport, Z10's and Z30's - none of them have an update. I've even tried removing the SIM and VPN across to the USA to pick up that way - nothing. I've tried Voda and O2 SIMs in the past and the handsets get updates when I swap SIMs about to the carrier that's released it.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 02:07 PM
    The whole "BlackBerry pushes the updates" isn't true. I have SIM free passport, Z10's and Z30's - none of them have an update. I've even tried removing the SIM and VPN across to the USA to pick up that way - nothing. I've tried Voda and O2 SIMs in the past and the handsets get updates when I swap SIMs about to the carrier that's released it.

Posted via CB10
    My unbranded z10 received half of its updates with the SIM removed..
    Me2 likes this.
    06-16-15 02:18 PM
    Half?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 02:24 PM
    Half?

Posted via CB10
    First Few times (I didn't use it as my main phone so it had no sim), 10.2.0 and 10.2.1 (10.2.1 minor updates included) came with no sim card, after that 10.3.1 and minors came with SIM
    06-16-15 02:48 PM
    Well, here's some interesting things:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post11686637

Phone - Unlocked, from amazon USA. Bought during Black friday deals.
    Carrier - 3 UK

Some sort update was pushed. Do not know if it was from carrier or directly from BBRY
    06-16-15 02:57 PM
    Nearly all BlackBerry direct devices receive OS updates directly from BlackBerry, ota. My Q10 and my Z10 received 10.3.2.2204

Only OEM android devices receive carrier updates, everyone else gets them from their respective Developer ota - there are way too many to name, but you can google them.

NO carrier can authorize a BlackBerry OS for use, because carriers don't make BlackBerry OS. BlackBerry does. Carriers aren't pushing updates because they have too small of a BB10 user base, to waste resources on updating...maybe 100 devices per subscribership? It costs money that they don't intend to waste, and as long as nothing is wrong with your device, OS-wise, why should they be concerned? Because you demand an update, is financially illogical

Since you demand an update, do it yourself. And please don't come with the "void my warranty" nonsense. Plenty of people HERE have sent back many a BB10 device, with "unauthorized" software on their devices, and have gotten replacements without any issues, including myself. My out of warranty Z10 died last year, with non-carrier pushed software on it, and BlackBerry replaced my device, at THEIR expense, without any concern. All the old myths are dead. Free yourself or don't. But none of your concerns apply in 2015.
    The only reason I haven't done an update using an autoloader is because I don't have the time to completely read up more to ensure my device does not get bricked as I'm busy studying. I may attempt it in summer if it's not out by then but it's much easier to receive an update and do an OTA update.

BTW thankyou for you work on the blackberry hybrid tools. That was intensively used when I was on bbos. Do you have any tools for bb10?

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-16-15 05:20 PM
    The only reason I haven't done an update using an autoloader is because I don't have the time to completely read up more to ensure my device does not get bricked as I'm busy studying. I may attempt it in summer if it's not out by then but it's much easier to receive an update and do an OTA update.

BTW thankyou for you work on the blackberry hybrid tools. That was intensively used when I was on bbos. Do you have any tools for bb10?

Posted via CB10
    You can read through my old threads, and there are links to great BB10 tools by Darcy and Sacha: Darcy BBTool and Sachesi respectively. There's absolutely NO chance of you bricking your device, short of you physically disconnecting your device during an install - and even there, there's a back partition on the device, for recovery. I've tested it...by mistake
    hasa77 likes this.
    06-16-15 05:52 PM
    Hasa77, I'm a 65 year old retired truck driver, my Passport is on OS. 2204. I updated by autoloader last week, if I can manage it without drama and disaster I'm sure you can. Only thing to be aware of is the need for a current back up of your contacts and settings if you don't want to setup from scratch.

Posted via CB10
    hasa77 likes this.
    06-16-15 06:18 PM
    I agree this is annoying as I agree that if I have bought an unlocked phone I should be able to officially upgrade regardless of which sim I choose to use.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 03:22 AM
    Odd, just asked Three UK's team on twitter and got the following response: @ThreeUKSupport: @pm_cooper We're testing this at the moment, Paul but I don't have a specific release date at the moment. We'll let you know nearer‎ the time >CM

I realise this is a stock response from a release perspective, but does suggest that they do have it for testing.

Posted via CB10
    hasa77 likes this.
    06-17-15 08:43 AM
    Odd, just asked Three UK's team on twitter and got the following response: @ThreeUKSupport: @pm_cooper We're testing this at the moment, Paul but I don't have a specific release date at the moment. We'll let you know nearer‎ the time >CM

I realise this is a stock response from a release perspective, but does suggest that they do have it for testing.
    One thing to bear in mind with Three is that they are not currently offering any bb10 devices to the public, so even if they are testing a new release it is hardly going to be a high priority for them.
    06-19-15 02:02 AM
    I think we all have got used to a world of convenience by Apple giving a release date that people look forward to for a software update or the "next big thing".

In the old days prior to 2006 before the world had that seismic shift from PC to Apple we never had this kind of convenience and for smaller companies to especially start announcing release dates only puts added pressure on a small team to hit production dates. This will add unnecessary pressure and mistakes can happen. Look at the mess we had with 10.3.1 for the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 05:54 AM
    One thing to bear in mind with Three is that they are not currently offering any bb10 devices to the public, so even if they are testing a new release it is hardly going to be a high priority for them.
    Unfortunately so, which is a real shame as I actually rate their network over any of the others in the UK - the feel at home package where you can use your data, call and text allowance abroad is pretty unrivalled against the likes of O2, Vodafone or EE. I think they did used to offer the z10, but they only offer the old BB7 curve as a PAYG phone currently. Let's hope some of the newer BB10 devices are more attractive for the UK networks - not holding my breath though...

Posted via CB10
    hasa77 and Harryl6134 like this.
    06-19-15 06:34 AM
    What I don't get is I have an unlocked shop blackberry Z30 and still nothing.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 11:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not sure anyone in Europe has it regardless of unlocked or carrier

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 11:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Because as soon as you put a Sim in it your network usage is no longer "unmarked", but routed through via your Carrier (apn settings and such). And they test these OS's, and add any carrier specific software/apps to them before they push them to your device.
    Even if they tell you they don't, they do, for sure.

WiFi usage might not be carrier branded (it may still be branded somehow I don't know for sure), but even then BlackBerry might be limiting the roll out to certain regions.

Those are the only reasons I can think of, why these rollouts always seem so random here. Carriers are largely the limiting factor, but sporadic success from people to update through Link, or by removing the SIM makes it appear even BlackBerry is not "globally" pushing these updates at the same time.

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    06-19-15 11:50 AM
    Z10, unlocked, Virgin UK.

They just told me 10.3.2 scheduled for release on July 15th.

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    hasa77 likes this.
    06-19-15 06:12 PM
    Got unbranded Passport (use 3 payg sim in UK) and I've been stuck on 10.3.1.1779 for what seems like ages....
    08-23-15 08:28 AM
    Got unbranded Passport (use 3 payg sim in UK) and I've been stuck on 10.3.1.1779 for what seems like ages....
    Same version no in India also. No carrier restriction, still no update.
    08-23-15 02:31 PM
26 12