Hey everyone,

First time BB phone owner here. Just switched from iPhone and got my Z10 yesterday. I'm still dealing with a god awful battery at the moment and trying to seek a solution (hopefully I do, otherwise I'll need to switch back, because this is really terrible).

Other than that, I like the phone a lot so far.

One thing I noticed is that I'll get a notification, for instance, someone will text me, and the phone will vibrate/beep. But to see that text message I need to unlock the screen, and then swipe right to go o the hub to see who it is. On iOS, when you get a text, it appears right on the lock screen. On BB10's lock screen, it will show me, for instance, 1 email & 2 texts (those little icons) but it won't tell me from who or what it is, I need to go to the hub to find out.

Is there something I'm missing?
    07-30-13 12:47 PM
    No but it's going to be included in 10.2 so if you wait a month, you'll have those notifications on the lock screen.

For battery, try using a recent 10.1 leak or 10.2 leaks. If not, the problem could be an app you downloaded or the actual battery you have.

What os are you using ?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 12:59 PM
    i'm using the most recent OS, 10.1.0.4181. i really don't want to mess around loading leaks or anything like that. i doubt it's an app i downloaded as i haven't dowloaded anything except skype, lol.

i'm going to try a few things but i might just do a wipe of the phone. the only thing i did do which i'm questioning is i dowloaded an app called Device Switch to both the Z10 and my iphone. this app transferred all my contacts, pics, and videos. then i deleted that app.
    07-30-13 01:07 PM
    I had the battery problem too. I got a new battery and also updated to 10.1 and now I get through almost 2 days

Posted Via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    07-30-13 01:10 PM
    i'm using the most recent OS, 10.1.0.4181. i really don't want to mess around loading leaks or anything like that. i doubt it's an app i downloaded as i haven't dowloaded anything except skype, lol.

i'm going to try a few things but i might just do a wipe of the phone. the only thing i did do which i'm questioning is i dowloaded an app called Device Switch to both the Z10 and my iphone. this app transferred all my contacts, pics, and videos. then i deleted that app.
    That's your problem. Skype is an android port that runs in the background. Therefore, it sucks up all your battery. Delete it and reinstall only when they release a native version.

Meanwhile, use a different video chatting program like Google hangouts or faceflow

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 01:14 PM
    The battery needs some "conditioning"... so after a few chargings (from lower than 10% capacity to full) it will get its full capacity. So do not charge it until it becomes "red" in the first 5-6 times. Btw: gaming drains faster than normal using, so play a bit/test some apps.

I do not use leaks either, but am waiting for the next update.

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    07-30-13 01:16 PM
    wow that's stupid. i guess the yellow pages app is also a port. how the heck do i know what's good to download and what's not???
    07-30-13 01:19 PM
    That's your problem. Skype is an android port that runs in the background. Therefore, it sucks up all your battery. Delete it and reinstall only when they release a native version.

Meanwhile, use a different video chatting program like Google hangouts or faceflow

Posted via CB10
    Right! Skype drains the Battery rapidely!

07-30-13 01:21 PM
    wow that's stupid. i guess the yellow pages app is also a port. how the heck do i know what's good to download and what's not???
    Read the comments, some users give only 1* and comment "android port" ... We prefer native /developed for Blackberry

Yellow pages, in the browser, it switches to mobile view... Save the Homepage to your mainscreen... I dit it for Google maps and google news, I even got a specific icon (if not available, the Homescreen turns to be the icon)

Edit: Worked for Yellow pages: got an Icon (but it would be a web page, not an App)

07-30-13 01:25 PM
    The only android ports that drain battery are Skype and eBay. Yellow pages shouldn't be bad

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 01:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Funny Skype doesn't do that for me. I run it all day and get a day and half to two days battery life.
    07-30-13 01:31 PM
    Funny Skype doesn't do that for me. I run it all day and get a day and half to two days battery life.
    Then your phone is actually one of God's old phones. LOL.

But what os are you running. And how is your use? Moderate, heavy or light ?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 01:36 PM
    Expecting the newer version to have all the features of blackberry protect. Where you can auto backup your contacts,messages and passwordkeeper too..... please give good option to have cloud backup

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 01:37 PM
    lock screen previews are coming in 10.2 approx late September or October update.
    07-30-13 01:46 PM
    Any idea if they are going to separate the message notifications on the lock screen so you can see which email account has received a new message?
    07-30-13 02:26 PM
    There are tons of sites that offer a mobile version that is exactly the same or similar to their app.

For example there is no difference between the td Canada mobile app and the mobile site.

I just bookmark the site and be done with it.

"There's an app for that" really means "my browser can't do that" so we need to make an app.

I have one app that does the majority of what I need. It's called the browser.

Posted on a Post-It!
    07-30-13 03:26 PM
    Lock your screen from the hub. Then you can just slowly swipe up and hold to preview and then swipe back down to keep the screen locked. Just don't let your thumb off the screen during the motion.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 04:30 PM
    Hey everyone,

First time BB phone owner here. Just switched from iPhone and got my Z10 yesterday. I'm still dealing with a god awful battery at the moment and trying to seek a solution (hopefully I do, otherwise I'll need to switch back, because this is really terrible).

Other than that, I like the phone a lot so far.

One thing I noticed is that I'll get a notification, for instance, someone will text me, and the phone will vibrate/beep. But to see that text message I need to unlock the screen, and then swipe right to go o the hub to see who it is. On iOS, when you get a text, it appears right on the lock screen. On BB10's lock screen, it will show me, for instance, 1 email & 2 texts (those little icons) but it won't tell me from who or what it is, I need to go to the hub to find out.

Is there something I'm missing?
    I recommend you condition the battery as others have mentioned and also take into consideration that the OS takes several days to settle in. The settling combined with your high usage why a trying to get to know the phone will drain your battery pretty quick.

Skype for me have me battery issues as well since it defaults your use to always being online.

As for lock screen notifications...10.2 will have this and you may want to hold off on installing a leak for now. Get used to your phone first and read up on the threads regarding the different releases before you jump into leaks.

Give it a couple of days and remember the battery conditioning.

I hope this helps.

By the way...welcome to the dark side.

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    07-30-13 05:31 PM