I did a security wipe a few days ago, backed up my data with BlackBerry Link and Runisoft's Ultimate Backup.

Before I did that, I was plagued by these issues:

1. Keyboard audio feedback lags behind, when typing a 5 letter word, often I only hear 2 audio feedbacks
    2. Typing in Remember is a bit slow, sometimes the app takes a bit long to respond after I go back to it from another app
    3. Volume keys frequently fails to respond, exacerbated when I'm playing a video/music, often requiring multiple, harder than usual presses to register 1 press. When it does, the currently playing media lags for half a second
    4. The LINE app that I downloaded via Snap refuses to acknowledge the "Send with Return Key" setting, had to use the Send button, it also frequently lags
    5. Opera Mini app that I downloaded via Snap is often slow and unresponsive

This phone had 10.2 before I updated to 10.3.1 via OTA, it seems that some leftover files such as the Games app were causing issues.

In addition, my phone had apps that I downloaded during 10.2 days and kept when updated to 10.3, such as Alpha Zero. I also have quite a few apps running in the background such as ClipMan and Vibrate on Call Connect.

So I did a security wipe and elected not to restore via Link, I decided to manually re-add my accounts and then use Ultimate Backup to restore my contacts, SMS, calendar and Remember notes. I did not restore my apps

I installed Cobalt's Google Play to download the LINE app, this time it acknowledges the Send with Return Key setting. I can change volumes with little effort, keyboard audio feedback is responsive again

If you updated to 10.3 from 10.2, then I highly recommend that you wipe your phone and start again with clean slate, it might solve your problems, as it does with my phone.

P.S.: I used a List BBcode up there and it doesn't render on my copy of CB10, it looks very messy now

08-07-15 06:13 AM
    I find BB10 is a lot like Windows... as time goes by performance goes down. A clean install without restoring can make a very noticeable change.
    08-07-15 07:39 AM