Hi everyone

Just wondering if still safe to wipe BlackBerry 10 OS and if still possible to log back in with existing or register new BlackBerry ID.

Just looking that last update to the front-end was 2014.
    https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/createaccount

Does anyone know EOL for BlackBerry ID?

Cheers
    A.
    02-27-21 12:31 AM
    Both still works without any issues.
    Do not forget to deactivate BB protect first before you start the security wipe.

R.
    02-27-21 12:37 AM
    Thanks heaps!

I almost forgot that BlackBerry Protect doesn't allow to switch to another BBID!

Just found this article referring to 4 January 2022 as EOL for BBID.
    https://crackberry.com/blackberry-le...nuary-4-2022-0
    02-27-21 12:49 AM
    Thanks heaps!

I almost forgot that BlackBerry Protect doesn't allow to switch to another BBID!

Just found this article referring to 4 January 2022 as EOL for BBID.
    https://crackberry.com/blackberry-le...nuary-4-2022-0
    Keep in mind that to protect yourself, you'll have to wipe and set up your phone without a BBID prior to the shutdown at the end of the year. Otherwise you leave yourself vulnerable to never being able to reactivate your device after a wipe.
    02-27-21 08:55 AM
    Keep in mind that to protect yourself, you'll have to wipe and set up your phone without a BBID prior to the shutdown at the end of the year. Otherwise you leave yourself vulnerable to never being able to reactivate your device after a wipe.
    Maybe we should have a "countdown to doom" clock here on CB Forums somewhere prominently.
    02-27-21 11:39 AM
    Maybe we should have a "countdown to doom" clock here on CB Forums somewhere prominently.
    Which countdown? Lol.

Countdown to the end of BBID?
    Countdown to the end of 3G?
    Countdown to the end of support for Android 4.3?
    02-27-21 11:51 AM
    Which countdown? Lol.

Countdown to the end of BBID?
    Countdown to the end of 3G?
    Countdown to the end of support for Android 4.3?
    Countdown related to something from OM too?
    02-27-21 11:56 AM
    Hi, how can we wipe and set up our phones without a bbid? I thought the phone is married with the id, regardless. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-21 03:30 PM
    Hi, how can we wipe and set up our phones without a bbid? I thought the phone is married with the id, regardless. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    On BB10, you need a BBID for BBM, BlackBerry World, and BlackBerry Protect - but those will be shut down anyway. You don't need it for anything else.

So, disable BlackBerry Protect, wipe the device, and skip signing in with a BBID.
    02-27-21 03:55 PM
    Countdown related to something from OM too?
    Target dates all seem a bit vague at this point!
    02-28-21 04:38 AM
    On BB10, you need a BBID for BBM, BlackBerry World, and BlackBerry Protect - but those will be shut down anyway. You don't need it for anything else.

So, disable BlackBerry Protect, wipe the device, and skip signing in with a BBID.
    I did this recently on my Classic. With the list of bar files for native apps and instructions how to sideload them (linked on this forum), and a few Android apk files (via this forum or F-Droid), I find that I can do without BB World. So far, the device works fine for me without a BBID.

However, every time I start up the device, it puts a new message on top of my hub, titled "BlackBerry ID" and saying that one or more apps or services request my BlackBerry ID. The message then has an "open" button, and pressing it opens a page where I am supposed to sign in to BBID. I do not sign in there. I cannot see anything (that I use) not working due to not being logged in with BBID.

Does anyone know which app or service is triggering this hub message? And if/how I can disable/suppress it permanently, so that it does not show up after every start up of the device?

I also note that the small "BB" logo on the top right of my screen, right next to the logo for the wifi connection, is still there. What does that logo tell me? (I thought it meant being logged in at some BB server with my BBID, but that cannot be entirely correct.)

Thanks in advance.
    03-23-21 09:23 AM
    I did this recently on my Classic. With the list of bar files for native apps and instructions how to sideload them (linked on this forum), and a few Android apk files (via this forum or F-Droid), I find that I can do without BB World. So far, the device works fine for me without a BBID.

However, every time I start up the device, it puts a new message on top of my hub, titled "BlackBerry ID" and saying that one or more apps or services request my BlackBerry ID. The message then has an "open" button, and pressing it opens a page where I am supposed to sign in to BBID. I do not sign in there. I cannot see anything (that I use) not working due to not being logged in with BBID.

Does anyone know which app or service is triggering this hub message? And if/how I can disable/suppress it permanently, so that it does not show up after every start up of the device?

I also note that the small "BB" logo on the top right of my screen, right next to the logo for the wifi connection, is still there. What does that logo tell me? (I thought it meant being logged in at some BB server with my BBID, but that cannot be entirely correct.)

Thanks in advance.
    You can't stop that.

Logo just means the BlackBerry servers are still in existence.
    03-23-21 01:47 PM
    .. .. I find that I can do without BB World.
    So can I - almost. Can anybody recommend great alternatives to
    1 ShortCutIt (which - uniquely, it seems to me - allows desktop shortcuts to Docs i.e. files as well as Apps and Websites).
    2 HelloGPS - neat and concise, and showing Speed.
    3 Contacts ImEx - I'm is easy on BB10 and doesn't need an app as long as you have a vcf file as a starting point, but Ex is awkward.
    4 CB10!! I found an online apk v.3.1.32 which is just about OK as a viewer but it is rather flakey once logged in.
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-21 04:16 AM
    So can I - almost. Can anybody recommend great alternatives to
    1 ShortCutIt (which - uniquely, it seems to me - allows desktop shortcuts to Docs i.e. files as well as Apps and Websites).
    2 HelloGPS - neat and concise, and showing Speed.
    3 Contacts ImEx - I'm is easy on BB10 and doesn't need an app as long as you have a vcf file as a starting point, but Ex is awkward.
    4 CB10!! I found an online apk v.3.1.32 which is just about OK as a viewer but it is rather flakey once logged in.
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    1. Try doo or Homescreen Shortcut

2. Not sure.

3. Use Contacts ImEx and export your contacts to a cloud account like Google or Outlook and just sync your contacts to your device.

4. The BAR file hasn't been released to my knowledge, any update if it will be released anytime @Bla1ze?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
    03-27-21 07:33 AM
    The BAR file hasn't been released to my knowledge, any update if it will be released anytime @Bla1ze?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
    Yep, I've asked for this .bar with NO cigar! They just don't want to release it for some reason.
    mh1983 likes this.
    03-27-21 08:37 AM