I've been using the fantastic Max Mobile Security since the free version way back when and it's never found anything out of the ordinary.

It's been less than a week since I installed 10.2.1 in my Z30 and thought a quick scan should be in order as I've installed quite a few apks from various sources.

Imagine my surprise/horror when I go back to my device to see 32 threats all from what appears to be the 1mobile folder.

So just a heads up to anyone installing apks to be wary or invest in a security checker.
    Security threats found!-img_20140202_153437.png

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 09:48 AM
    Why does this not surprise me? I raised a warning for caution way back in this post
    Superfly_FR and Mecca EL like this.
    02-02-14 09:55 AM
    Hi noisey_boy and welcome to the CrackBerry community !
    That's somehow freaking, but we have to know exactly what the threat is before we call the wulf (not the bigbad one lol).
    Yet, thanks for sharing this ... investigations needed, for sure.

Cheers,
    SF
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-02-14 09:55 AM
    Why does this not surprise me? I raised a warning for caution way back in this post
    Now thanked and liked ... yet we have to measure the danger of these threats ...

edit: not found much about the copycat, but some about plangton. IMHO, this won't be a threat on BB10 devices, as the self installation process may not happen (to be verified) http://www.dataprotectioncenter.com/...ds-rio-unlock/
    noisey_boy: did you DL the "Angry bird Rio unlock" app ?
    (BTW: if yes, 1mobile is not the problem, but the app).

edit : I avoid 1mobile (just to be clear - nor defending than implying them)
    02-02-14 09:57 AM
    Yup, way back when I said I wasn't touching those sites with a ten foot pole.

I was given lectures about the runtime running sandboxed. That I should just get my banking apps from 1mobile.

Ummmm....yah.....no....

OP I'm sorry this has happened.

May I ask what apps you got from 1mobile?
    02-04-14 08:23 AM
    Yup, way back when I said I wasn't touching those sites with a ten foot pole.

I was given lectures about the runtime running sandboxed. That I should just get my banking apps from 1mobile.

Ummmm....yah.....no....

OP I'm sorry this has happened.

May I ask what apps you got from 1mobile?
    Haha well said! I wouldn't bank with an app for another phone not to mention who knows about where it came from. what if it messes up cause it's not supported on this phone and makes a mess of my bank account??

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    02-04-14 08:27 AM
    I'm curious to see if there is any follow up here.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-04-14 02:35 PM
    I've been using the fantastic Max Mobile Security since the free version way back when and it's never found anything out of the ordinary.

It's been less than a week since I installed 10.2.1 in my Z30 and thought a quick scan should be in order as I've installed quite a few apks from various sources.

Imagine my surprise/horror when I go back to my device to see 32 threats all from what appears to be the 1mobile folder.

So just a heads up to anyone installing apks to be wary or invest in a security checker.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140202_153437.png 
Views:	1209 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	244332

Posted via CB10
    Two things...

What android apps do you have installed?
    How did these supposed threats affect your device?

Reason I'm asking is because this antivirus app could possibly "create" the idea of there being a threat, to validate its use to the user. Even the idea of there being any threat is enough to sell people. I'm not saying that you don't have threats. I'm saying you haven't provided enough information to convince me.

Is this app available in the Play store? I'll grab it, and decompile it for verification.

If you don't mind, using your computer, connect your device to USB, unhide hidden files and folders and manually view all hidden files for any JS Script anything. If there's ANY real threat, a Java Script would be of major concern.
    tommynap01 likes this.
    02-04-14 02:58 PM
    Two things...

What android apps do you have installed?
    How did these supposed threats affect your device?

Reason I'm asking is because this antivirus app could possibly "create" the idea of there being a threat, to validate its use to the user. Even the idea of there being any threat is enough to sell people. I'm not saying that you don't have threats. I'm saying you haven't provided enough information to convince me.

Is this app available in the Play store? I'll grab it, and decompile it for verification.

If you don't mind, using your computer, connect your device to USB, unhide hidden files and folders and manually view all hidden files for any JS Script anything. If there's ANY real threat, a Java Script would be of major concern.
    ^this

It may or may not be real.
    If it is real, it may not be able to function due to the nature of the runtime.
    Mecca EL and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-04-14 03:20 PM
    Haha well said! I wouldn't bank with an app for another phone not to mention who knows about where it came from. what if it messes up cause it's not supported on this phone and makes a mess of my bank account??

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    Since you provided user/pw identification, it's ... on you.
    I won't use any sensitive app that is not trustworthy 100%.
    02-05-14 11:07 AM
    Deinstall the apps and see if the messages go away.

Reinstall from amazon or using snap and see if they come back?
    02-05-14 11:38 AM