Hello have 6 BlackBerry devices and all are on 10.3.2.2639
    Would like to do y security wipe or hard reset or how you call it specially on my Passport, but do not want to update to latest version 10.3.2.2836!
    Can I just perform a security wipe over the device or do I need to do something special to not get the latest???

BlackBerry twitter help couldn't answer the question, perhaps my English is too bad an I am posing the question to awarded...hm??

Thanks for any help!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 01:45 PM
    Why not just run autoloaders with the OS you want on them? Same thing. It'll wipe and install only that OS, unless you physically update it from that OS.
    02-20-16 01:51 PM
    I am on 2789 on passport SE and I just did the security wipe and after finishing, it was back on the same OS version. It asks for update when setting up the phone but you can ignore it safely.
    There are many users who have reported getting stucked at security wipe. Best would be to use autoloader and would be done in minutes.

Posted with Passport SE
    02-20-16 01:59 PM
    Thanks for your inputs!

Have a Macbook and did not get into the work with autoladers of CB...from my understanding that all only works with windows computers...right?

So what's gonna happen when I do a security wipe? Get the OS that was on the device or the one that is the latest OTA, which now is still waiting for load on my device...?

Or is there an option to do this staying on old version via BlackBerry link?

Oops 6 devices was a tippo, only have 3...lol
    Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 02:39 PM
    The auto loaders I downloaded was for windows, I have not seen for other platforms on CB.
    The OS which is on the device currently will be the same OS reloaded after security wipe. You can make sure which OS is by going in the about section.
    Also I deleted apps that I had downloaded before performing security wipe. It has always helped to finish it without getting stuck. But YMMV.

Posted with Passport SE
    02-20-16 03:05 PM
    If you dont have windows PC, it might better for you to reload using blackberry link for mac. Because if you get stuck at security wipe, and it users have reported getting stuck in for days, then you will need to use autoloaders for kicking the phone out of security wipe if u dont want to wait and as such you will need to arrange for windows.
    Best thing is to use autoloader and if not then reload using blackberry link. There is an option of reloading current OS in blackberry link.

Posted with Passport SE
    02-20-16 03:11 PM
    Well did the following:
    Deleted all apps that weren't preinstalled and connected Passport to BlackBerry link for Mac via usb cable and said reload OS. It's now sitting on same position for at least 45 min, the blue bar is still blinking but no further progress happening

Can I disconnect this and try OTA?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 04:46 PM
    What does it say, is it downloading or reinstalling os? If it's downloading, then u can disconnect, if it's installing then might not be a good idea to do that in middle of install. I suppose link needs to download the current os which is on your phone before it can reinstall the os on the phone.

Posted with Passport SE
    02-22-16 05:52 AM
    It was saying downloading, I disconnected and got it then done OTA, which was fast, flawless and easy

Thanks for all inputs!

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 08:41 AM