Wondering if anyone else can try replicating this, as it seems like a major bug to me.

I have an Exchange account synced for work via EAS - it applies a phone pin lock requirement through the ActiveSync policy. This works fine and requests a password when adding the account to a 'clean' phone.

However, if you do an OS restore on the phone (and, in my case, a backup restore right afterwards) the pin lock is gone!

It removes the password lock from the phone, even though the Exchange account is still working, and all the corporate data is still on the device. This seems like a huge corporate security concern - a user could wipe their phone at home and then no longer require a password on a phone that could be lost.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 01:18 AM
    You have to sign back in to the eas account after the restore. Does it not apply the pin lock at that point?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 01:21 AM
    Hi

Yep, after restoring a "Clean" device you have to set the Phone lock manually again. Even if you restore your phone from your backup, after that you have to set the lock password again. This is new in OS 10. Don�t ask me why, coz i don�t know.
    07-18-13 01:24 AM
    Yikes - even after a swap to a new phone the lock isn't applied...

I did a warranty exchange on my Q10, and therefore a device swap in Link. Connected to EAS on the new device and no password requirement...

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 12:38 AM
    Yikes - even after a swap to a new phone the lock isn't applied...

I did a warranty exchange on my Q10, and therefore a device swap in Link. Connected to EAS on the new device and no password requirement...

That's a troubling point.

BlackBerry has a security incident response team that I hear is pretty responsive to legitimate security issues. I would suggest reporting it to them:

BlackBerry Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) - US
    08-10-13 05:56 PM