This would be too complicated for an employee to do?

Posted via CB10
    I'm no expert in the field. But from my understanding it's next to impossible with limited ressources to copy a sim card... or else we would still here people stealing cellphone numbers to do long distance (remember... it used to be a huge issue like 10 years ago with the old 1G cellphones).

So an employee would have to be good enough to reprogram AT&T's system to allow two different SIM cards on the same number, without anyone noticing, risk going for prison for spying... in order to listen to your conversations? let me know if it makes sense

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 11:22 PM
    I can't get one

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 04:00 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry is too keen on OpenVPN. And with what has come out about OpenSSL since Heart Bleed I'm starting to see things their way. They put hooks in the OS specifically for OpenVPN and no one has stepped up. I think, if you want VPN support for BlackBerry you're going to have to learn to love IPSEC.

Posted via CB10

I think you're right - thing is, just about all the EFF recommended vpns (commercial providers) bang on about open VPN like it's the second coming! Or they offer pp2p l2tp or whatever they are... Hmmm. Torrent freaks research needed lol
    10-02-14 09:54 AM
    I think you're right - thing is, just about all the EFF recommended vpns (commercial providers) bang on about open VPN like it's the second coming! Or they offer pp2p l2tp or whatever they are... Hmmm. Torrent freaks research needed lol
    The EFF focuses on privacy of individuals under oppressive governments. Those individuals have to be able to use the tools before the tools can protect them.

I use OpenVPN to connect fixed systems. But since I started using IPSEC for mobile I won't even consider using OpenVPN on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    10-02-14 06:30 PM
    I use private Internet access as a VPN but it's not compatible with bb10. #fail

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 09:55 PM
    The EFF focuses on privacy of individuals under oppressive governments. Those individuals have to be able to use the tools before the tools can protect them.

I use OpenVPN to connect fixed systems. But since I started using IPSEC for mobile I won't even consider using OpenVPN on my phone.

Posted via CB10

The EFF do more than just that, but yes, I agree with you.

I would have thought you'd want to use ipsec on the fixed systems? The higher overheads and all that? It's the reason I have openvpn set up on my galaxy s5 - that and two fish encryption. The speed is much better, on EE or generally any mobile internet I've used, versus ipsec.

I was in Hong Kong until Wednesday and I'm sure everyone is aware how much of a mess it is out there. Without too much detail, I can say that my multi hop openvpn wasn't blocked - something to do with deep packet inspection and https traffic or some malarkey - either way my Q10 with its cisco something or other (Work) was rendered dud. The S5 got me out of a sticky situation.

Really, I just want the choice.

Sure heart bleed was a wake up call but many vpns were not affected. And they still recommend openvpn with two fish or whatever. I just want to have the choice - would dump the S5 there and then and stick to my Q!

BlackBerry say they're all about security - I want them to be ALL about security.

Consumers want protection too. But then some people have BlackBerry devices and don't encrypt the sd card and device, because of the hassle. And some don't even use a password or pin. I want the choice. I can be responsible for myself from there
    10-03-14 12:04 PM
    Yes, IPSEC is easier to identify and block, but I don't see it has having higher overhead. I suppose it depends on what you consider overhead.

IIRC both Android and iOS have OpenVPN because a third party added it. It would be nice it BlackBerry would implement OpenVPN on the device. I've asked them in person and on the developer remedy site. The closest they've come is to implement the API hooks. So unless a third party steps up I doubt you will ever see it.
    10-03-14 12:38 PM
32 12