Search4place is one of the must have apps for navigation, especially for Indian users.

But the functionality limited to the search for the places and get the directions. And we need to purchase the app to avail the navigation functionality.

I failed to purchase the app as payment gateway was closed by BBW as the payment options are completely removed.

Now, I want to get the app. Is there anyway?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-19 10:08 AM
    Search4place is one of the must have apps for navigation, especially for Indian users.

But the functionality limited to the search for the places and get the directions. And we need to purchase the app to avail the navigation functionality.

I failed to purchase the app as payment gateway was closed by BBW as the payment options are completely removed.

Now, I want to get the app. Is there anyway?

Posted via CB10
    You must contact the developer to purchase directly if possible.
    11-17-19 10:14 AM
    You must contact the developer to purchase directly if possible.
    Here is the response from dev

Thanks for your contact on Search4Place app-BB10. Unfortunately, we do not support on BB10 any longer due to the shut down of Blackberry World service. We can generate code to unlock full version for you but that won't work anymore as of the activation server have been off since 2018.

Hope you could understand for this situation.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-19 11:08 AM
    Here is the response from dev

Thanks for your contact on Search4Place app-BB10. Unfortunately, we do not support on BB10 any longer due to the shut down of Blackberry World service. We can generate code to unlock full version for you but that won't work anymore as of the activation server have been off since 2018.

Hope you could understand for this situation.

Posted via CB10
    Then it's over for you regarding that app.
    11-17-19 11:40 AM
    Then it's over for you regarding that app.
    Possible to install full version if dev can provide bar file?

>>>Life is good with Blackberry Classic!
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    11-17-19 11:43 AM

Sure, bar files can be side-loaded using Sachesi or Darcy's Tool. Ask the dev if he could email the bar to you. If not, then that's the end of it. You will have to be satisfied with an android apk or Bird10 from BBW.
    11-17-19 12:00 PM

Why ask me? Just ask the developer what options you have directly. They can do whatever they want can't they?
    11-17-19 12:01 PM
    Here is the response to my question about bar files

As I mentioned on previous email, the activation server still dropdown following with BB10 App World. So there is no way no reboot it again. I myself can share you the bar file as well as the activation code from our server, but it useless at the moment

Truly admire with your consideration on my app

>>Life is good with Blackberry Classic!
    11-17-19 12:05 PM
    I myself can share you the bar file
    So ask to have that bar file emailed to you.
    11-17-19 12:07 PM
    So ask to have that bar file emailed to you.
    Yes, asked
    11-17-19 12:13 PM
    I think what they mean is that even with the bar file its not fully unlocked without a code and there is no way to activate the code since those servers are shut down
    11-17-19 12:13 PM
    I think what they mean is that even with the bar file its not fully unlocked without a code and there is no way to activate the code since those servers are shut down
    No, I think they may not realize there is a way to sideload bars, therefore they see it as useless to share the file.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-19 11:35 PM
    Here is response

The project code and compiled bar file is on my old computer that I haven't booted it for years. The only bar file that I could reach now is on BlackBerry App World but as you already knew, it downed. Poor you in this situation although I really want to help.

11-18-19 12:56 AM
    Here is response

The project code and compiled bar file is on my old computer that I haven't booted it for years. The only bar file that I could reach now is on BlackBerry App World but as you already knew, it downed. Poor you in this situation although I really want to help.

Offer them money for their effort and time if really needed. Usually, $25-50 USD is reasonable. Since many here on CB make claims about how they’d pay for BB10 support, you could hopefully get reimbursed. If you want to limit your risk, start a gofundme page.
    11-18-19 05:21 AM
    No, I think they may not realize there is a way to sideload bars, therefore they see it as useless to share the file.

Posted via CB10
    If that were true, he just would have sent him the bar instead of playing email tag with him.
    11-18-19 08:26 AM