on my android and iphone, when i search for an establishment, whether it be on the yelp app, or on google search or ANY browser search, the resulting information that includes an address, hot links to the navigation app. on my q10, no matter where i search for an address it never links to the maps/navigation app. i have to select, copy and paste into the bb maps app to get it to navigate. the search bar in the maps app won't find names of establishments either, so i can't do it that way. am i doing something wrong? is there a way to search for, lets say a restaurant by name, and then have the resulting address in the search link to maps? thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sevoman; 10-10-13 at 07:16 PM.
    10-10-13 06:59 PM
    on my android and iphone, when i search for an establishment, whether it be on the yelp app, or on google search or ANY browser search, the resulting information that includes an address, hot links to the navigation app. on my q10, no matter where i search for an address it never links to the maps/navigation app. i have to select, copy and paste into the bb maps app to get it to navigate. the search bar in the maps app won't find names of establishments either, so i can't do it that way. am i doing something wrong? is there a way to search for, lets say a restaurant by name, and then have the resulting address in the search link to maps? thanks in advance.
    This is on my Z10, using BlackBerries' Maps:

I have other Navigator systems side loaded, but, this works well.
    10-10-13 07:47 PM
    This is on my Z10, using BlackBerries' Maps:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ps129c0fef.png

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...psa943b931.png

I have other Navigator systems side loaded, but, this works well.
    i didnt try olive garden (ill check if mine does), but the place i was looking for shows up on iphone and android maps searches. also when shows up on a web search on the phone it hot links to the maps. i am just thinking that if something doesn't show up on the maps search on bb (maybe because its new or hasnt been updated on bb maps) then i still wont be able to easily use the address from a web search.
    10-10-13 07:58 PM
    i didnt try olive garden (ill check if mine does), but the place i was looking for shows up on iphone and android maps searches. also when shows up on a web search on the phone it hot links to the maps. i am just thinking that if something doesn't show up on the maps search on bb (maybe because its new or hasnt been updated on bb maps) then i still wont be able to easily use the address from a web search.
    I do know that Google and Apple maps will have a few features built in that BlackBerry Maps don't. But, they are a lot better than past versions. Personally, I like choices. So, I utilize BlackBerry Navigation, Google Navigation, and Waze. Depending on where I'm traveling, I'll use Waze more than anything else.
    sevoman likes this.
    10-10-13 10:38 PM