Same here, it starts when I upgrade my 4gb with 32gb, and lost my data. my solution was back to 8 gb, an leave the 32 for dsc qx10 camera, I tried too many ways and nothing works

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 12:41 AM
    I'm going to say this for the 25th time...USE PATRIOT CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT RIDATA, SANDISK OR ANY OTHERS. PERIOD.....

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    I bought a 64gb patriot card after you recommended it to me on another thread. I'm having a little trouble with it though, so I'm hoping you can help me out.

When I connect my phone to my laptop, it recognises the sd card, but it cannot access it. So I can't move things to it or move things from it. The only way I can transfer things is if I move to the phone's internal memory and then use file manager on my phone to transfer it to the sd card. Have you experienced this before? Or am I missing something out?

I'm not running any leaks although my phone has been running a lot slower than it used to. I think I need to do a security wipe.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 05:50 AM
    I bought a 64gb patriot card after you recommended it to me on another thread. I'm having a little trouble with it though, so I'm hoping you can help me out.

When I connect my phone to my laptop, it recognises the sd card, but it cannot access it. So I can't move things to it or move things from it. The only way I can transfer things is if I move to the phone's internal memory and then use file manager on my phone to transfer it to the sd card. Have you experienced this before? Or am I missing something out?

I'm not running any leaks although my phone has been running a lot slower than it used to. I think I need to do a security wipe.

Posted via CB10
    That's an issue with the new BB exFat system and link. SD cards (it may onlybe 64 GB cards) seem to be inaccessible via BB Link.
    07-07-14 05:40 PM
    That's an issue with the new BB exFat system and link. SD cards (it may onlybe 64 GB cards) seem to be inaccessible via BB Link.
    I had a 64gb SanDisk before the patriot. I could access it from my computer and could transfer files to and fro. However, when it corrupted I decided to buy a different brand instead and went with the first recommendation I came across.

If it worked for the SanDisk but not my current Patriot, then is there something wrong with the Patriot one?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 06:36 PM
    Full process for backing up your Media Card data and restoring to a new SD card (or the same SD card if it has become corrupted):

Enable USB mode on your phone. (settings > storage and access > USB mass storage)
    Connect phone to PC
    Copy all your files from the phone to your PC.
    Disconnect your phone.
    Turn off USB mode.
    <Insert a new SD card at this point if you're upgrading>
    Erase media card. (settings > storage and access > Erase Media Card)
    Format media card, wait for process to complete (it may download a driver)
    Re-enable USB mode
    Connect to PC
    Copy individual folders from PC back to SD card such as camera, music, videos folders. (DO NOT copy .the crypt_keystore, system_crypt_file, files or the .\System Volume Information\ folder)
    Disconnect from PC
    Turn off USB mode.
    07-07-14 11:25 PM
    What does this have to do with FIFA?

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    07-07-14 11:31 PM
    I had a 64gb SanDisk before the patriot. I could access it from my computer and could transfer files to and fro. However, when it corrupted I decided to buy a different brand instead and went with the first recommendation I came across.

If it worked for the SanDisk but not my current Patriot, then is there something wrong with the Patriot one?

Posted via CB10
    Was that before or after the new exfat system rolled out with 3175? My 64s worked fine before as well. I'm back to my Micro Center 32 GB card and have no issues. SanDisk, Lexar, and PNY have all failed with 64GB.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 08:13 PM
    Was that before or after the new exfat system rolled out with 3175? My 64s worked fine before as well. I'm back to my Micro Center 32 GB card and have no issues. SanDisk, Lexar, and PNY have all failed with 64GB.

Posted via CB10
    My SanDisk corrupted before the exfat system rolled out. I then bought my Patriot one shortly before 3175 rolled out.

Hmmm... Maybe I should reformat again (now that I'm on 3175) to see if I can access the card from my PC. I don't really want to buy yet another SD card. Or if I do, maybe I should stick with 32gb.

Actually, I probably wouldn't. Especially since I've read on here that there are some people using 128gb cards in their phones. How do they not have problems? D:

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 03:48 AM
    I also have a problem with corrupted pictures( didn't check my music yet), first it blinks so I can see what picture it is, then it show is corrupted and cannot be viewed.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 04:44 AM
    I also have a problem with corrupted pictures( didn't check my music yet), first it blinks so I can see what picture it is, then it show is corrupted and cannot be viewed.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, that's the problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 05:29 PM
    Try formatting the SD card on your computer using guiformat and format to Fat32 instead of exFat. Anybody else hear of this?

Z10 STL100-3. OS 10.3.0.296
    07-12-14 07:45 PM
    I've also had this issue. I don't trust the phone to keep anything in my external card. I've lost many pictures due to this corruption.

Via my Zed30
    07-13-14 05:50 PM
    Try formatting the SD card on your computer using guiformat and format to Fat32 instead of exFat. Anybody else hear of this?

^^
    This worked for me!

07-13-14 08:45 PM
    I haven't read every post but did you try using different types of formatting? I also noticed there was a change to SD cards in the latest 10.2.1 update.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 08:54 PM
    I never had issues with SD cards on BBOS or BB10 so far. But 2-3 time per year I find my card in Android phone corrupted and/or unreadable. My solution is to keep the data backed up on regular basis.
    I use Sandisk and Transcend cards mostly.
    07-15-14 03:28 AM
    No way! Nothing is more corrupt than FIFA!!!!
    Wait till you meet a real Nigerian politician

Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442:296"the iPhone Nemesis"
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-15-14 04:51 AM
    Been having this problem since I bought the bold 9900, it's followed me through the z10 and now the z30... it's just easier using cloud storage which is slow and painful to load media
    07-15-14 04:58 AM
    I can't address all the issues mentioned in this thread, but I've experienced the "Other data" on my 32 GB SD card. In my case, it amounted to about 7.2 GB of data that didn't appear in any file utility.

My solution was to connect my Q10 to a PC, as a USB device, and run either chkdsk /f or to use Windows Explorer, right click on the drive, select Properties>Tools and choose "Check drive for errors." This runs for a while and collects stuff into a directory called "FOUND". You may need a special utility to see that directory. I used Data Commander, a dual-pane file manager for PC. I just delete the directory and the storage space is recovered. I've done this more than once and never experienced any problem.

I don't know what those files are that are accumulating invisibly, but clearly the OS should be doing some sort of housekeeping. Failing that, there could be an app to do the job.
    07-22-14 08:17 AM
    Even after I swapped out the 64 gig card for a 32 gig and formatted it FAT32, it still corrupts the card over time. Yesterday I was trying to take a video for a warranty issue, and it recorded with no issues. But when I plugged the phone to the computer it showed that all folders were empty (even the camera folder that had over a 1000 files). It didn't look right. Disconnected the phone and tried to play the video I just recorded, it of course throws an error saying it cannot be played... So I pop the card out of the phone and put it into the computer and this is the **** I find.
    SD Card... More corruption than FIFA-magical-snap-2014.08.05-10.45-016.jpg

SD Card... More corruption than FIFA-magical-snap-2014.08.05-10.46-017.jpg

Not sure if this is a software/firmware bug or an actual incompatibility issue. Either way, ******* frustrating!
    Back to the old 4 gig class 4 card....
    08-05-14 09:59 AM
    I have this exact same issue, took me like an hour on the weekend to finally get it to work and be recognized between my mac and device. Smh

- Developer of PinGuin
    08-05-14 02:36 PM
    This is obviously not an isolated incident. How can this be pushed onto BlackBerry to sort out?

Is there a common theme?
    Can anyone attribute this to an action or after a particular app was used?

For me, it is random. I can't find the trigger. I now have a test file on the card waiting for it to go again. I don't trust this phone/OS to work with the card

Via my Zed30
    08-06-14 05:48 AM
    Having this issue over and over, every few weeks. Happened on my Z10 and now my Z30 and on multiple OS version, and with multiple SD cards:

All data on cards disappears. Cards still show memory used up, but no files are visible (not even when put directly into the PC.

I keep having to use data recovery programs to find the files hidden on the card, paste them back to the PC, reformat card, then paste them back.

Unfortunately, when doing that, file names are lost, which is very annoying with photo and video file names that are tagged with the date taken.

I don't know what else to do, as the problem isn't limited to a specific brand (I have tried SanDisk Adata and others), and have tried reformatting using the PC and the phone itself.

In the beginning I thought it was because I was using a 64gig card, but have had the same problem with 32gig models.

Anyone here know a reason for this?
    Could it be Android app related (maybe when these apps try accessing the card)?

Posted via CB10
    Which recovery program do you use? I'm having a similar problem with a Lexar card I've been using for over a year. Whenever I insert it in my Z10, I get this message. "Card not recognize. Consider formatting. When I try to read it on the computer, I get message to insert card.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 09:46 PM
    Role, dat title.
    08-07-14 02:07 PM
    Out of curiosity do the people that have this issue open and close the phone (change batteries often)??
    08-07-14 02:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've had this same problem. It seemed to start after I got a 32GB card from my boss, who buys all kinds of cheap stuff online. I thought it was just a bad card, even a reformat didn't stop it from corrupting a few days later. I've just been using the on-board memory since then. Need to switch back to my 8GB card and see if it has the same issues.
    08-07-14 07:40 PM
54 123