Hey all, has anyone ever experienced something similar:

I have a BlackBerry Passport SE and was testing both terminal and SD card encryption.
    After the SD card encryption was done, I was unable unlock my screen. I use picture password, but swiping up didn't bring the numbers grid and rebooting the device didn't help. Tried with the power button, or with volume buttons, but the screen was still unlockable.

If I remove the SD card, then I am able to unlock the screen and login to the device.

So to be able to use my SD card again, I had to remove it, login to the device, disable encryption, re-add the SD card(while device is on)

After that the SD card got decrypted again. I am still on 10.3.2.2836

Is BB10 encryption so efficient that it even prevents the phone owner to access his own data?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 06:44 AM
    I have my Z30 SD card encryption turned on, and my picture password still works with no issue. Of course I only turned on the encryption after upgrading to the latest OS Version (Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.2205) , so it may be your older version, but I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 07:09 AM
    Hi, do you have both your terminal and SD card encrypted or only the SD card ?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 09:31 AM
    Whoops, I was wrong. I have my device encryption on, but not SD (I now remember I was too worried of having the phone die and never being able access all my photos and videos), so I guess I am not much help here.

Good luck with your problem. I hope you find a solution.

I do know that my work issued BlackBerry (for a bank) does not allow for a picture password to be used.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 05:39 PM
    No one else encountered this issue?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 12:19 PM